1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Seems the update included the assignments for second assault, I have just Unlocked the AS VAL PDW

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Dat Boat?

3. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

4. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

I played heavy armour a lot In bf3, but have used it very little in bf4. Same with attack helicopters..

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Attack heli's are flying ming vases now tbh. They take a LOT of damage, rotor goes off line i.e critical hit at the drop of a hate, stingers velocity is to fast so that you have no time to launch countermeasures at times. And yet, they do a LOT of damage, virtually vaporizing enemy armor. So yeah, flies like crap, takes loads of damage, deals loads of damage, n1 dice.

You have to be a LOT more careful with tanks in bf4. I miss the reactive mechanic from bf3, among other things, but hey. I paid for the game, so I have to play it. Kinda wish I hadn't bought premium, because China rising, sucks balls, imho, and the second dlc we get, are re-hashed bf3 maps. We then have three more DLC's. So one out of five is bad, the other are copy paste almost from bf3, not what I'd call great value for money but hey.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I do prefer the Z11 etc when it comes to flying and attacking. 25mm cannons are awesome.

Ineffective against tanks and heavy armour but burn through ground troops.

I can't remember if I recorded the round of Obliteration where I kicked the ass if the enemy in the Z11. :D

The Mothership

7. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Yeah the 25mm are/were ace, they were recently nerfed in the last update tho

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Still burn through infantry tbh

Just takes a little longer.

The Mothership

9. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Having got to the first Battlepack the AS VAL might be my new favourite gun, not as user firendly as the CZ3 (or the BF3 VAL), but making triple kills from a 20rnd magazine is brilliant.

It's the total oppositte of the BF3 VAL though, last game it was all about stability and range, this game it's massive recoil and massive point blank damage. I wonder if DICE has two dev teams and they never talk to each other sometimes.

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

And when that inevitably gets nerfed too, I hear pressing O and P together still make an M16A3 appear in your hands.

11. fix-the-spade

They never nerfed it in 3 despite it having a higher DPS and tighter spread than most of the assault rifles and all of the LMG/Carbines, especially at range.

In fact I'm not expecting them to nerf any of the primary guns this time round after the whole FAMAS debacle in 3.

12. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Been trying to get the obliteration trophy on ps4 (Need to deliver bomb 5 times) and not being successful at getting the bombs to plant them.

Just played a round and planted all 3 bombs to win the game after joining a losing team and now only need one more plant for the trophy!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/431013010020103808/942109428/

Also thanks to planting the 3 bombs I got MVP for the first time.

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Have to mention this, would be good if you could check him out, UNREAL in a chopper or simply cheating? His play hours say he is good but his kills in a chopper are mental

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/freezE-ware/stats/905349125/pc/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/431887044343102912/197583541/

Managed to kill him with M2 slam, pure fluke, i was throwing the stuff on a vehicle below me and he tried to fly into me, resulting in my kill,

I was dumbfounded at his flying skills, so unreal, nearly got me calling him the big C word ( no not the lady garden version)

14. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

Theres another C word?

Anyways, im sure im not the only one getting the new no audio glitch when joining a game where all you get is the loading menu music?

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Seems to just play little bird and flood zone, which without another decent little bird piolt or a few stingers is very much a killing field for the little bird.

16. fix-the-spade

That would be the purest form of shitbucket, the guy who logs millions of hours.... on one weapon.

I bet it's Gold, not even plated, solid Gold.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I finally installed and played my first game of BF4 this evening. I was pretty impressed that it didn't crash, and also that it actually ran well with automatically detected settings on the ancient card in my gaming rig. It's obvious that I'm missing out on a lot of pretty visuals though, with the maps looking more like a cartoon world than photorealistic battlefields. I'll have my new card next month and will be able to crank up the detail, but until then I will play a moderate amount of BF4 to rank up and unlock items, whilst still enjoying BF3 on as regular a basis as possible.

Last edited: 10 Feb 2014
  18. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Since the mantle patch I get crashes for entering vehicles and also the cover hit protection is way off. Sniper took me out through an entire hotels worth of cover!

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

18th February is the premium release for Second Assult and 4th March for non-premium.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Nice one CCXO.

Game has been running super smooth for me since Mantle was released and the recent patches.

Looking forward to 2nd Assault :)