1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-tech Big Day Out!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Pistol Puppy, 26 Jun 2014.

1. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Usually 10% off at HMV, or somewhere...
    Also Windows 8 for 50 quid...
    I wish I were a student!

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Damn, discounts on a place that doesn't exist anymore and a lower price for an OS that only cost me £15 in the first place. :p

Then again, if anyone wants student copies of anything... :D My college also gives us Dreamspark access, which in short equals a lot of free product keys. 5 free copies of Office 365!

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

If I could attend, I would! Unfortunately I'm an ocean away no matter where you put it and I've no means of paying air-fairs.

That being said, a twitch stream sounds great!

4. siliconfanatic

Nevermind. Browser didn't show my post.

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You're making excuses truth is you don't want to travel lol

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

i'd like to echo, the list you have put together is pretty good already

7. siliconfanatic

Oh yeah, I'm going to be able to pay an air-fair with 2 20 dollar bills and a nickle. Then I still need funding once I'm their. Yep, I can sure as hell do that with $40 and no job atm.

Maybe I can just sneak into the baggage compartment! :rolleyes:

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

you wouldn't be the first one to have tried that lol

9. Teelzebub

Wasn't you going to join the air force ? They could drop you off :D

10. siliconfanatic

The term "Chair Force" is much more fitting. And I ain't looking to take a post outside of my own country.

11. Teelzebub

Lol

12. KidMod-Southpaw

Time to over complicate things further! We'll also have a 'Murica Meet Up! That one has alliteration so it must be good!

13. siliconfanatic

The difficulty lies in just how many American members BT has. If I'm not mistaken there aren't enough active, engaged American members to make it viable. Only ones I can name of the top of my head are Bill Owen, Cheaps and Kayin Black.

14. KidMod-Southpaw

Supermonkey, Mansueto if we extended it to Canada :p, a lot of awesome names!

15. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

Hey Y'all,

Glad this is being well received but two things:

1. Location: first time we'll try to be as central as possible. Please don't let this thread go in that direction. Ultimately we'll be aiming to do these in multiple locations throughout the year. Hopefully some come to all of them, hopefully some can make it to some of them. Like a Metallica tour, we'll try not to make two events the same (apparently they rotate between a set list of 70 songs. I can't guarantee this...)

2. We want the events to be events. Although streaming, in an ideal world, would be awesome, we are unlikely to have the funds to do things like that. I really want ideas that are based on things I can actually go out to manufacturers and get them to do. Big ideas scare people. I need to be able to work within their perimeters (sp?) to make it easy for them and fun for you and me. We're looking into streaming/ twitch etc but in very boring terms, cost/ benefit always has to be thought about. As always, I'm just being honest!

So give me some cool ideas, what do you do, what have you seen online you like, what would make a bit-tech Big Day Out an awesome day out? I'll do my best to make it happen.

And yes, there will be alcohol. Cider in my case. I may even bring a vegan cheesecake for any doubters that it can be delicious...

Thanks,

John.

16. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

If it's a cost issue.. Why not try and get an official sponsor for the events? I'm sure that there's companies that would want to be seen as the most modder-friendly manufacturer! Maybe they could sponsor a cheapie laptop or something that can handle the stream from a cameras USB or something?

And as for something cool i'd like to see.. Why not have a "Case design" competition/forum? I'd love to know the whole process of what they think/do when going through the process of concept to release! And they could have a first-hand contact with us to design some "dream" cases to run off (with ideas of how internals could fit) for future concepts!

Finally.. The most interesting part of that comment, Vegan Cheesecake. How do you even.. I want to try some!

17. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

This sounds REALLY interesting. Is there anything that could be done with some of the advertisers? I've seen SCAN doing launch day events, and OCUK, so just as a suggestion it might be worth doing some sort of "roadshow of interested partners/suppliers" in association with Bit-Tech rather than a separate Bit-Tech tour... It'd make a great CPC story too :)

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I'm game, Trains are cheap if booked in advance so that's all good.

As for a venue, I hear the Birmingham NEC has a large room we can occupy :thumb:

Sam

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

NO! It's vegan or it's cheesecake... it can not be both...

It may be edible... it may even be nice... but it won't be a cheesecake...

*mumbles something about vegans and goes in search of bacon*

... sorry for the thread derailment, but that sentence annoyed me more than it probably should...

20. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

So, you're suggesting something like The Gadget Show Live thing.. But actually with actual tech and not them trying to set up little shops everywhere! :lol: The NEC would be a great venue, as it's easily accessible for everyone! Big-tech Tour 2014 See what I did there..? :worried: