1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Photos of your computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [KNIGHT], 9 Jan 2010.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Really clean builds there, lovely!

2. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Your First Custom PC

Not sure if there's a thread already but if so,

Please merge them. Thanks Mods.

This is my VERY FIRST Custom PC after coming from Pre-built crappy PCs for years..

http://imgur.com/a/Vzhvi#0

That is a nice clean setup.. Right now it's just using 2 cables with some adapters so I can use the fan in the front since it's a Molex.

I am planning to get a better cabling kit for my corsair PSU.

Please let me know if you can't access the album. Thanks.

Specs are in my sig.

I know the cable management is really horrible but you have to be aware that I have no clue on how to do this perfectly..

Last edited: 13 Sep 2014
  3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Merged :) Nice first effort there chap. As for cable management, the more the fiddle with your PC (and fiddle you will) you'll get a feeling as to what works best for the case you have and for you personally :thumb:

4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Thanks, George. I appreciate that you said my first effort was nice.

I am aware that my graphic card is from 2009 but it was the only one that I have available. But it still runs to this day.. :)

Edit: I can't seem to link my pictures from my imgur album to here.. Imgur has updated and now I am totally confused.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got it sorted

Edit once again: Now since I reinstalled my RAM to be running dual channel, (Reason I didn't do the dual channel cuz I was using the first 2 slots nearest to processor but not anymore) every time I turn on Black Fox, it shows me this Verifying DMI Pool Data...AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI. Is there a way to get that sorted out??

Ok, I think I got it sorted but I'll report back when I turn this on tomorrow.

All sorted now. :) I need to get more RAM for this system but there's no issues so far.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2014
  5. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

As promised in my intro thread, here is my rig.

i7 3970X
    16GB 2400Mhz Corsair Dom Plats 9-11-11-21-1 tightly tuned seconds and thirds
    4x290X QuadFire (Hynix)
    2x250GB Samsung SSD EVO
    Win8.1

[​IMG]

6. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Nice rig but those 290x's must really burn! Saves on the heating bill.

Why don't you watercooling?

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Nice to know those AMD guys take care of their own.

I jest of course.

That looks seriously hot and expensive. I agree with flame here, it needs some watercooling, with some nice red coolant XD

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Mother of god, can you imagine the temps on the top card - and the throttling. Definitely needs a full loop in there mate!

Also and Intel CPU :jawdrop:

Don't worry, we won't tell. :D

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Unlike most 290X sold these days he has ones with the "good" coolers that dump the heat outside the case, plus his case has almost no obstruction to airflow from the front, so he should be fine, but yes in winter he certainly won't need any heating in the room those puppies are in.

10. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Haha, you'd be surprised how often i hear these comments. :p

Yes i do need to try water cooling, however for the time being im happy with the reference cards. They work well in crossfire and as i use G930's for gaming, i don't hear the fan noise. Not that fan noise bothers me in the slightest.

As Anfield says, i think my case definitely helps a lot. Plus i have those Noctua Industrial fans with the best CFM and static pressure ratings of fans on the market. Every little helps i guess.

11. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome aboard Matt :D Can I asked why you specified Hynix as the RAM for your 290's? All the 290x cards I have had have always been Elpida RAM and suffered the red or black screen of death. I'm about to RMA my 3rd 290x next week :(

12. crazymo

crazymo What's a Dremel?

Just for my own curiosity , and excuse my ignorance, do four graphics cards like that make a big difference to the gaming experience

13. acemodder

acemodder Official Antec Rep

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That is a nice pc, but I think personally there is just a bit to much orange.

What are the spec's?

15. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Ok,

I managed to clean up MOSTLY of my cable management but I am still fiddling around with my Black Fox tower.

16. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Lovely additions in here!

Welcome AMDMatt, haha, see their already pulling your leg. :p

17. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

Certainly Pookie. Hynix ram is slightly faster than Elpida and sometimes overclocks a little bit better too. This was the reason i specified Hynix. I've been trying to get my hands on 290X reference cards with Hynix for a while now. :)

Regarding the red screen of death, this is actually caused by unstable cpu/memory voltages or timings. I know this as I've experienced it myself and have fixed this issue on my own rig and friends rigs. I recommend bumping cpu and memory voltages up a few notches and testing again. Also make sure your memory timings are stable. Typically though it's cpu related not gpu.

18. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Matt, although my rig is all stock I'll bump up the voltages a tad and see what happens. I'm waiting for the Corsair HG10 to come out sp I can get some decent cooling on the card. I know it's designed to run hot but I just don't like it :D

19. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Just so you know given you seem to have RMA'd a couple of cards, the HG10, well taking the stock cooler off may invalidate the warranty, depends on the manufacturer of the card but you knew that...;)

Though, if you do go down that route, would like to see some pics of the AIO mod on the GPU. :thumb:

20. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Honestly? Not to gaming, unless you're running 4K, then a multi GPU setup is recommended. 4 GPUs is useful for other tasks, rendering, editing etc.

If he was running those suckas with a 1080p display, I'd think it was definitely for the epeen.