1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Photos of your computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [KNIGHT], 9 Jan 2010.

1. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Is it I'm bored enough to revive a random thread day already?

Finally got around to do some upgrades...

[​IMG]

34" 21:9 AOC IPS Monitor
    Max Blackbird Keyboard (Cherry Brown)
    Logitech G402
    Random crap speakers as I needed the other ones in the living room

[​IMG]

i7 6700k
    Asus Maximus Gene VIII
    2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 Cas 15
    Reference GTX 980 Ti
    Corsair RM850i

And some "old junk"
    Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB (going in the bin next payday in favour of something a "little" better)
    4 TB WD Black
    Corsair H105
    Corsair Carbide Air 240

[​IMG]

The advantage of having like 25% of the case volume available to stuff away cables:D

3. trig

trig god's little mistake

Good lord the monitor lol...how noisy is that case?

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Depends mostly on the load of the gpu how noisy it is, skylake barely uses any power, so the fans on the rad are turned down a lot.
    Also the gpu cooler is silent at low load / idle and the psu fan stays off until the gpu is under load (the only way to get over the 300W needed for the psu fan to spin up).

Plus the gpu cooler intake is close to the pretty open side panel, so gets plenty of cool air (in addition to dumping the hot air out back).

So it is pretty much as silent as a partially aircooled high end pc in a matx case can be, but of course once there is a high load on the gpu that all goes out of the window and it does get kind of noisy, especially as the mostly open design of the hardware compartment does not just allow airflow in to the case, but also noise out of it.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2015
  5. trig

i figured as much

6. trig

Finally finished my build
    Msi z97m gaming
    i5 4670
    asus strix gtx 970
    gskill 2400 mhz 2x4gb
    corsair h60
    evga g2 550
    mushkin 512 reactor
    phantek enthoo evolv micro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

About six months ago the Alienware Area 51 ALX I gave to my step son developed a fault. At the time it had a Dell workstation board in it with a hex cored Westmere EP chip. I tried in vain to revive it at his house, but it remained dead. So I gave him another rig and switched out his GPUs (my old 670s). I then brought it home and mulled over taking it to the dump. Something was telling me to revive it though, so after a lot of soldering and rewiring I managed to get it to take a standard PSU.

Unfortunately by running two 670s on open fan coolers the rig used to overheat quite badly. So I cut a really bad window and vent into the side. So basically that side panel was toast. It really looked like utter turd. In the end I cut it even more, as well as order a brand new one from the USA. Postage was a kick in then nuts but I feel it was worth it. Any way, without further ado here is my wife's rig.

[​IMG]

And the front of the rig was modded to take a 120mm intake fan, as X79 VRMs can get kinda toasty at times.

[​IMG]

And inside shot of the rig.

[​IMG]

Spec..

8 core 16 thread Xeon Ivybridge ES @ 2ghz cooled with a H55
    MSI Geforce Titan Black cooled with a H55 and NZXT Kraken adapter
    8gb ram with huge finned coolers
    Corsair RM 750 power supply with modded wiring harness.
    128gb Revodrive
    Assorted hard drives
    Fans are a mixture of Noiseblocker Eloop bionic @ 600 RPM and some Powercool 120mm fans.

I also spent about a week rewiring the inside of the case to make it tidy. I added some trunking and braided all of the internal wiring myself with paracord.

[​IMG]

Mrs Vault Tec was so happy that she bought Mr Vault Tec this.

[​IMG]

Here it is, bone stock.

[​IMG]

And here it is now, modded and upgraded.

[​IMG]

And with the side panel on.

[​IMG]

A massive thank you to Tom Logan @ OC3D for sending me a free Corsair AX1200 with blue cable set. The original 850w Dell unit was whining quite badly so I had to rewire the entire PC. I've also removed some iron from the inside and have fitted these.

[​IMG]

Throughout. Spec.

Intel 5820k @ 4.4ghz cooled with a H55
    Dell/MSI/Alienware motherboard.
    16gb DDR4
    AMD Fury X
    Asus Raidr
    OCZ 480gb SSD mounted on a PCI plane bracket.
    2x Velociraptor
    Corsair AX1200

and so on :)

Here is where I put the OCZ drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

That's pretty sweet. I like oddly shaped cases.

9. Vault-Tec

I managed to get a second Fury X for £395. Still expensive but tbh cheaper than the Nano I had planned and faster, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly it doesn't seem to work in any of the very latest games but then I knew that already. It does, however, work in Witcher 3 so maybe now I can play it with the details cranked.

It's worked wonders for everything else though.

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Upgraded the G10 to a proper EVGA Hybrid cooler - very, very nice.

Much more solid than the G10, and a really nice mounting mechanism lets me tighten it right up. Now idles at 2C above ambient, and load hits 22C above at the absolute MAX (44C total).

Definitely worth it. Thinking about pushing a few extra volts through the core now to see if I can break 1.5Ghz boost.

[​IMG]

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Had to add my two WD Red 3TB hdds back in to my pc to deal with recording game footage at 4K.

[​IMG]

The case and cooling will be changing as soon as I can as the H100i is utter garbage, at stock speed my cpu is hitting 70c per core and I have replaced the thermal paste multiple times, reseated it multiple times, added washers to the backplate to ensure a proper contact between the cold plate and the cpu.

Won't be buying another Corsair AIO in the future, I am going back to custom loops asap!

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

What the hell? I'm running a 140w CPU, on a H55, with a single fan, clocked up to 4.3Ghz at 1.22v, and getting mid 30s, mid 50s in AIDA64. There's something up with your H100i.

The two 980ti's will both be dumping heat into your case - is it drawing air internally?

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The CPU temps were the same with my 780Ti's which were exhausting air out the back of the case.

The H100i is setup in push pull with 4 Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition fans drawing air from inside the case, and the fans on the front are Corsair AF140's drawing air in to the case, and then the back fan is a Corsair AF140 drawing air out of the case.

Before putting on the washers today on the backplate, the temps were up in the low 70's when running OCCT without AVX on and hitting the 90's with it on, now they hit 80c with AVX and high 60's with it off, temps are the same when running Sony Vegas as well but when gaming they are generally staying in the high 50's to mid 60's.

CPU is going up to 4.4Ghz when needed and is using ~1.25v, if I lower the voltage it crashes but I am going to have a play tomorrow in the bios etc and see what I can do.

I might also try some different fans as well as I have stock fans from the H100i still in the wrappers, then I have around 10 Akasa Apache Black 1300rpm fans and I have 3 Scythe Kazi Jyuni fans as well, but I am sure I should have another 1 somewhere that I can mess with as well.

Either way as soon as I can this cooler is going, as I have another one on my dads pc that has my 3930K in it which is running at 4Ghz using around 1.3v with 4 Scythe GT1850 fans on it, and the temps on that are hitting the low 70's when running OCCT or encoding videos in Sony Vegas Pro.

All fans are running at 12V as well so they are running at there full speeds and the pump is set to full speed as well.

14. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Have you ever used that CPU with another cooler and had better results?

I would reckon it is a naff CPU with a poor IHS, I had a cracking 4770 non K that would top out at over 100 whatever cooler you used.

15. Vault-Tec

A little more work on the Triad.

[​IMG]

GPU changed to Titan X with EVGA Hybrid cooler, D2X and Tit HD added and back plates made for sound cards.

Few things left to do. Paint the back cover panels for the PCI slots that are not in use, change the LED (or try to) in the D2X and change the centre orange plastic part for a blue part (which will hopefully light up) as well as seeing what I can do about the red LED on the RAIDR.

Oh yeah, and braid the side panel light connector wire. It looks honking !

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Necrooooo!!! Just because I'm mega chuffed how my rig turned out and I'll miss it for the next week as the spare room becomes guest room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These EK Vardar fans are awesome. On the fan profile I've set up, they only go up to about 1000rpm and are whisper quiet, with gpu and Cpu topping out at 60.

DragunovHUN and adidan like this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Looks great man. Love the copper :D

The_Crapman likes this.