1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Looks like I'll be doing that when I get the funds!
    Being jobless is not funny

Cheers

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Wat? My local pharmacy wants ~75 euros for liter.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Better make the best of it while you can, the regulations are going to put a big hamper in making your own. Both mods and liquids, although especially liquids. There's going to be a lot of restrictions on the strength you can sell, the volume, and raw nicotine, as it currently stands.

7. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

8. Zoon

DIY mods won't be much of an issue for the reasons you state, but retail of anything sub ohm is in the crossfire, as are rebuildables.

9. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

My 5 pack of Atlantis coils came today. There's subtle differences between the new ones and the ones supplied so fingers crossed they last longer than 3 days!

I'm down to my last ~10ml of juice which will last me a day, 8bitvape have had some stock problems and it looks like I won't be getting my juice untill Tuesday-Wednesday

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

What regulations are these? I have to say I'm a bit out of the loop...

And yeah, I can't see how they would effectively enforce a ban on rebuildables either. You can't ban the individual components - what is there to ban? Machined steel/aluminium and resistance wire? Like jrs77 said, they'll just be sold as something else. You can't advertise e-cigs/vaporisers as "stop smoking" products, despite the fact that the main driver for vaping in the first place is to stop smoking.

12. Zoon

I'm only repeating the summary information I'm being told. As with many things regulated and controlled there will always be a way around it, but as a B&M I won't be able to sell certain products anymore.

Liquids will have to be tested and certified to be sold in the EU and there will be restrictions on buying nicotine pg / nicotine vg directly. This is to assert hygiene and quality standards on liquid to avoid liquids ending up with harmful substances in them. There may also be a strength cap on nicotine in liquids. To be clear I wasn't saying that 0mg pg or vg is out.

Any liquids imported from outside the EU will have to be tested to this standard. If a retailer doesn't test them in this way, trading standards or local govt food standards would be able to fine or even close businesses.

I'm sure you'll be able to purchase the components to rebuild an atty but again, I won't be able to sell a rebuild, or a dripper. They will be restricting it to disposable or replaceable coils, for the same reasons: quality control, testing, no harmful materials within them. Electrical products will require CE testing, although we currently do this, many Chinese imports are not tested.

I'm talking about the EU draft framework for ecigs and associated products. It's called a draft because it isn't signed in to law but the regulations are at this point essentially final and unlikely to change much.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ah, this would be the Tobacco Products Directive then?

14. Zoon

Aye the TPD. I have a proper briefing on it tomorrow so I'll take cliff notes and correct anything I got wrong.

15. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

iStick 50W on pre-order, as I'm really happy with the original 20W version I have. Seems silly that I'm pairing it up with a Aerotank Turbo, but I love that thing.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Just waiting for myepack to get stock of the mvp3.0 and subtank mini's

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

EU directives, legislation and standards change a hell of a lot between inception, draft, draft for public comment and final publication.
    Even when published they are always under scrutiny and subject to amendments to reflect new thinking, understanding and technologies.

I think what is proposed at present may be a done deal, but with enough pressure things can be changed, although it'll be an up hill struggle.

18. Zoon

There's already been a massive campaign for the past year and it failed to get the million signatures it needed. There's no targeted resistance. It is likely that the only changes will come at the hands of big tobacco and their bribes lobbying :(

I've had my briefing tonight. As it currently stands the TPD is the end of commercial:

1. Mods. Not because of how they work but because of the testing required at every setting. It is extensive and expensive.
    2. Rebuildables or replaceable coils.
    3. Liquid over 20mg, the supply of nicotine, platinum ice etc.
    4. Cheap liquid/bedroom brands/most likely Chinese liquids. Again, testing burdens will be onerous. Testing facilities will require certification. Charges will roll downhill.

I will be all over the changes as it will affect my business so as it changes I'll add notes here as it affects us all :)

Last edited: 1 Feb 2015
  19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

20. Zoon

It's expected to come in to force early 2016 with a few months allowed for sellers to adjust, so you've got another year to stock up at least :)