1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I usually vape at quite low resistances - the coil in my RDA is 0.3ohm - and mix my juice with a fairly high VG content (>70%). I have to drop my nicotine level quite low, otherwise I'll constantly be feeling dizzy and queasy. I currently mix at 4mg, which is double what the TPD will allow, and sometimes I still think that's a little low.

Vaping is not nicotine replacement therapy, but that doesn't stop plenty of smokers from taking up vaping in order to get off the fags. 12mg is barely enough for some people who are just making the switch from the stinkies and at 2mg they'll go right back to cigarettes.

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Sub-ohm is highly unlikely to get past testing either. Sounds like the TPD as written is going to be a blocker for you, BLC :(

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Recently I have been wondering what I really get out of it these days; there have been a couple of occasions when I've been tempted to pack in vaping altogether. I do enjoy it, some of the flavours are fantastic and coil building is almost a hobby in it's own right - nailing a great looking build can be really satisfying.

If the TPD goes through as-is then I probably will pack it in altogether. Maybe I'll drop to zero nicotine altogether and see how I get on.

4. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 4 Jan 2018
  5. Zoon

You've easily got a year even if it comes in as currently written. That's plenty of time to wean down towards 1.8% or wean off nicotine entirely if you wish.

What you'll no doubt start to see is loads of innovation on products which work within the guidelines. It will change the face of vaping but that's not to say there won't be something for you.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just a heads up, I'm selling off some of my old kit over here - I'm open to trades and I'm willing to split.

Kayfun 3.1 clone with Lite base and nano kit
    Trident v2 clone
    Protank 2 with new unused coil and a 1.4ohm nano coil head (no wick)

Edit: Sold some stuff already elsewhere.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2015
  7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Erm so that's 20 not 2 by my reading of the directive.

That's going to be the killer, tanks & drippers etc that don't give access to the liquid.....

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

20mg is far more bearable than 2mg; it would mean the end of mixing your own though, and prices would undoubtedly go through the roof.

If it does mean no refillable tanks/drippers then that really will be a kick in the **se. That wording is extremely vague however (like an awful lot of the TPD).

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Back to less depressing things however...

I recently picked up a Kanger Sub Tank - I should have waited until my local B&M got the mini in stock, but I came down with a serious case of shinyitis when I was having a look at the sub tank...

Anyone else used one of these? Or the mini/nano for that matter... The pre-built heads seemed to work really really well... for about a day or so, then it'd be dry hit city with every single hit. It also leaked like a sieve whenever it wasn't held upright. I was using the pre-built heads with Snake Oil however, and I have had trouble with that in clearomisers in the past... This was on a mech mod, so it's not like I was trying to pump 50W through it.

I've got the RBA section in there now and it does seem to be working quite well - floods a little though, so the wicks aren't quite right. Airflow is really really tight though, the mini is apparently much better for airflow when using the RBA section. I did try rebuilding the OCC coil heads, but the build came out at 0.7ohm which is a little high for my liking - just need some more practice and I should nail a 0.5ohm build.

10. Zoon

Yikes, I missed a decimal place.

Our main liquid brand uses percentage not mg on the bottle, so I'm always think 1.8, 2.4 etc.

I've edited my previous, it is indeed 20mg. It's 20mg EXACTLY so expect that the nearest strength will be 19.5 or 19 to allow for tiny variations, just to ensure they don't accidentally manufacture it over the limit (because the fines will be business-ending).

RE the Subtank Nano, I hear good things about it. The Aerotank is one of our better sellers Although granted that has 1.8ohm coils with us.

11. shindead

shindead What's a Dremel?

When you say B&M you surely don't mean B&M Bargains do you?

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hah! No, "bricks & mortar" - as in, an actual retail shop :)

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Desk was cluttered & barely knew which flavour was which so made a juice rack. :D
    [​IMG]

I'll make a steeping box for DIY juices next.

Done 5 days smoke free now & it's easy with the right hardware & juices, a good battery (mod) with innokin iclear 30 (£8) works good for me, still working on my own juices so money will be wasted along the way of discovering the pefect recipes & then it'll be nice & cheap. :)

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

25 days smoke free now & not going back to the stinkies, so glad I gave it a proper try, had a few moments where I would have smoked if I had tobacco though but that's the trick, I used all my tobacco before I started, had a few practice days seeing how I handle it before I went all out. :D

Just got my 4 stone excess weight to work off now, it'll happen with the rowing machine I recently bought, doing an hour a day on it.

Oh & out of all those flavours on the above picture apple pie & custard won best flavour & is now my ADV. :D
    All the rest got thrown into a 400ml bottle & is undefinable flavour but kinda nice. :lol:

Last edited: 25 Feb 2015
  15. Ljs

Ljs Modder

Could anyone with a N-Vape Mini Pro do me a massive favour and measure its length for me?

I can't seem to the dimensions anywhere and I'm wondering how its size compares to my Nautilus mini.

Also, has anyone had any experience with either a N-Vape Gizmo or Microstick? I like my IPV2 but a smaller more portable device would be pretty handy!

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

[​IMG]

6.2cm when screwed in with the supplied drip tip.

Ljs likes this.
  17. Ljs

Ljs Modder

And he delivers! What service, 10/10, would use again!

Nah, really appreciate it - thank you. Nautilus Mini is 68mm so it is actually smaller (even if the tank is a little smaller).

Think I might treat myself to one.

18. Ljs

Ljs Modder

So my N-Vape Mini Pro arrived today (very good service)...

Taste is much better than the Nautilus mini!

It kind of looks a little small on my IPV2 so I may get a Midi Pro if it turns out I like it. Filling is slightly (very, very slightly) more fiddly than filling the Nautilus (I could see it being a pain when drunk). My IPV2 is reading it as 1.3ohms but it shouldn't be that so I have no idea what is going on. I also pretty much vaped the full tank within an hour so I can see this getting expensive!

Pleased with it though, seems a really nice and inexpensive little bit of kit.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Agreed, there's no better vape for the money. In fact I just ordered two new coils to replace the ones I've been using for the past 6 months, they were starting to taste a bit metallic.

It should be 1.4 ohms FYI.

20. Zoon

We're getting good reviews on the Kanger EMOW in my shop. Variable airflow like the Aerotank, really lets the taste come through.

We have the IPV Mini in stock too albeit OEM badged as the Nebula - lovely bit of kit.