1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

That makes sense those auto loaders were getting to extreme an AMX 120 stripping your tank to shreds from half a map away.

2. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Active trolling should be viable once more :)

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Agreed! Hopefully those T57 heavies and Batchats might be less of a problem now as well...

4. legoman

Yeah should well be, i was annoying people last night in my E2 rolling up to them and planting a HE shell into the back of their engine deck from its mini derp. Saw a fair few KV2s still obliterating things from decent range.
    Main point of this nerf from what i can see is to prevent cross map sniping from pop cannon auto loaders and things like the E25. That and the TD view range nerf shoudl make things more tolerable. Ill admit I love TD's but they were too powerful silly high camo.

JP with a higher camo rating than a Panther or even the scout panther shouldnt be possible. Same goes for most TDs to be fair.

Back to general game play though arty assistant is back (yay) life saver in busy maps. Personal missions are still annoying cant set fire to a tank to save my life when im in a medium. seen a lot more camping so far compared to prior to the patch which is disappointing and ruins the idea of the TD view range nerf. A few ranging Auto loaders moaning they cant spam round at people anymore (huzzah) and the T95 HD model looks brilliant.

5. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

For fire up medium mission friends recommend to use high dpm guns like zis4 on t-28 and t-34. Use it on Germans and Chinese. Most newbies don't even bring fire extinguisher into battle. But I've manage this on superpeshing firing up panter2 - "graveyard of medkits and fire extinguishers". My biggest concern for now is light tank mission. I don't have any idea how to play LT. I've don HT, MT, almost done TD missions - need platoon to do the job on td14.

Send from iPad via Tapatalk

6. legoman

Light tanks I've found actually quite easy thus far main thing is finding something that turns quick. The Chaffee for me is perfect turns quick an is pretty nippy. downside is it gets dragged into higher tier games. Damaging tanks is easy right click to lock on a tank hold down fire an focus on circling and or zipping in and out of cover. couple of hits an run.

7. Vetalar

Most of my tanks are first line beasts: dealing and accepting damage, maneuver and close combat. LT gameplay is quite different and its difficult to me to change gaming habits.

8. legoman

rather frustrating night trying to get a load of silver together, spammed out the premium tanks i have and known solid money makers. Average player skill seems to have plummeted since the last patch I wasnt aware WG could actually decrease player skill to the point they have but, its happened. Lots of people spamming abuse of sorts and generally being unhelpful like being pushed off a ridge but a friendly KV5 who wanted my spot to snipe from cover. Lots of people seem to be just camping now which is irritating and im seeing less heavy tanks then i used to for some reason.

9. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

So you're saying itsw the perfect time for me to be working on my Arty progression?

10. legoman

Yeah, so long as you have a half decent scout, El Halluf last night, whole enemy team camped in base TD and arty field day save an M44 total an IS6 in one hit and get another two kills because no one was moving

11. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

One of those EPIC team :duh:

WoT Reply

btw I am really liking Conqueror, Gun is simply amazing !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Most of Europe have some form of school holiday period that is running so that probably explains it.

13. legoman

Explains it all!

An fingers cant see the replay at work but that looks amazing!

Watched a video on FTR about a player who does guides an mainly one of the E75 angling, took it onboard and wow! First game deflected 7K damage. When im home ill plop the link up well worth a watch.

14. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Is-8 unlocked, decision time!

I'm going to sell my IS-3 but the question is, do I go for the IS-8 or back to the E75 for a second chance (I ditched the E75 in frustration to it's massive arty magnate factor and that its armour felt a bit irrelevant with all the premium round spam that's now so common place.

I heard a video review that said the IS-8 on the other hand plays more like a heavy medium, with decent mobility for a 'heavy', a decent top gun but fairly thin armour as a compromise.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: 20 Feb 2015
  15. Domestic_ginger

Domestic_ginger What's a Dremel?

Keep is3; stronk (well popular) tenk for team play.

Buy is8, its worse than the is3 at its tear though.

Get e75 on special offer. E75 is better than KT for its tier.

Never sell a tank until its finished. Horrendeous waste of money. Hide it in your garage if you hate it and play for triples etc.

16. Vetalar

Keep is3. It's wonderful! For is8 it's really more like MT. Body armor penetrates by even nonpremium rounds on its tier. Turret as good as on is3. It has descent dmg per shot and penetration with top gun. Good maneuverability and speed.

17. Vetalar

And for selling tanks. I've try sta1 two times. I just can't play on it. It has nothing good. No speed no armor no gun...

18. legoman

E75 you really need to learn armour angling, few patches ago they buffed its traverse speed, it can turn quicker than an M103 now. Also since they sorted the fire issue with the front transmission its less flammable. Side scraping and angling around 25 degrees will see you bounce a lot. Just remember its not quick off the mark so work with cover. Remember keep your lower plate covered where possible slight angling can give effective armour of nearly 300mm in places.

Video i mentioned earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR4DmSpQD5o&list=PLjuPYXp94NOhcj_Rb61Uxk0ddwEmS4B5W&index=10

*edit*

Case in point ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Feb 2015
  19. Dae314

Dae314 What's a Dremel?

Yesterday I learned the joys of seal clubbing with the D1 (tier 2 French light tank leading down the heavy line). Has anyone else used this monster?

Its hull armor values are 30/30/30.
    Its turret armor values are 40/40/35.
    It has 18 degrees of gun depression with the top turret.
    Its gun selection is rather poor. You basically choose between a high pen low dps gun and a gun with so low pen it's better to use HE because it's dps is higher.
    It's extremely slow (I got 20km/h on flat ground, and I hear it's the speed of a T95 with the stock engine).

I just got this tank. It is all kinds of awesome. I don't own a T95, but I imagine that this is what it would feel like if it had a turret. I could literally just sit on the top of the mines hill (angled a bit) and pump shots into the poor newbies trying to shoot me with their autocannons. It didn't matter that my gun had no dps. Nobody could pen me so I could take all the time I wanted to kill them.

Against more experienced players, there's tons of weakspots in the armor, but against your average tier 2 player that doesn't seem to be a factor. This is probably as close as I'm getting to a Pz II J experience ^^.

20. Risky

Risky Modder

Firing HE at waffles is fun. Got my TD-15 done.

[​IMG]