1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

It's probably because it's an M Sport version (different bumpers/side skirts/suspension & wheels)

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That depends... were the M badges just on the flanks and wheels, or was there one on the back next to the model inscription?

The latter is definitely aftermarket, the only BMWs with the M on the back are Ms and M-Performance models, not the M- Sport ones

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

M sport is just as bad as sticking the M on the back yourself. It still screams that you really want an uncomfortable ride with no performance improvement and just want to impress the neighbours. The equivalents from Audi and Mercedes etc. are just as ridiculous but are all very common due to people's vanity. *sigh*

4. Mister_Tad

What's wrong with picking a specific level of trim because you think it looks nicer, or because you prefer the upholstery/trim options, or the pain options?

Why does it have to be about vanity?

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Passed a mkIII jensen Interceptor around the corner from work this morning.

[​IMG]

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

IMO the M-sport series have better gearboxes, and I'd pick them for that alone.

Buying new, I believe, you can spec them without the advanced (harder) suspension package, but the rest of the M-sport options.

Oh, and the full electric leather heated seats hnnng, I'd have those in every car if I could.

On topic, and I saw my own RS on the road today which was pretty cool. PlzpasstheMOTyoudeliciousblue*******.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The heated leather seats are an option in the SE package. I have them on my car at least. Personally I find them a bit too toasty for comfort.

8. Mister_Tad

You're not supposed to use them in July :lol:

I used to be delighted with a P-Reg Ford Ka with no options to speak of, however heated seats is first on the list of things which have been added to my "must have" list over the years since then.

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I had them in my old Passat and never really used them in anger. Mind you, they took that long to heat up, the leather had already warmed up from my arse and kidneys.

I have them in the A3 too, but they heat up pretty damned quick - I look forward to giving them a try out in winter.

10. liratheal

That's why they have different settings! I didn't know you could get full electric heated leathers in the SE range tbh, I don't know Beamers all that well!

I still don't have heated seats! Never have had, but I know I like the beamer ones :D

Ahh, the E92+ ones are sooo quick to warm up, it's like you've wet yourself.

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

We have heated leather seats in our Countryman and they're all ok, I just wish you could isolate back heat from seat heat. I have a dodgy back and they work great on that, however I don't apreciate the dose of swamp-ass that comes along for the ride

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It's already pretty toasty on the lowest setting. I think I only ever used it for a whole journey on one occasion and that was after I got soaked to the bone visiting Hadrians wall.

13. Mister_Tad

Not sure where in the BMW lineup this changes, but I'm able to independently control the back and seat heat in mine.

Which is a boon, as I know what you mean - my wife's car doesn't let you tweak it, and I find the seat heat way too much on anything other than the lowest setting.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Saw a white 918 on the Kings Road on Saturday night... DAMN they look good in the flesh.

15. liratheal

I think it's 5-series and beyond, I've never seen it on 3's!

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ah, heated seats. Ideal for that "I've just wet myself" sensation :D

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Yup, note my aforementioned swamp-ass

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My VW Up! has fabric heated seats. I think it's because I chose the stop-start engine option.

19. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

So many nice cars around and about today, where do I start?!

an Ultima GTR,
    many Silvias / Civic Type Rs / Evos leaving Silverstone
    a fellow Caddy owner
    loads of vw campers broken down over the M6 coming home from the event at Weston Park
    Triumph TR6
    What looked like a vintage Aston owners club meet, but only a glancing look so lost.
    Loads of modified offroaders on trailers, looking pretty gnarly

Amazing what you see in 250 miles, I need a co-pilot for taking pictures.

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Bingo. I spotted the car again (must be a local owner) and took note of the registration and now I can tell you what it is: BMW 520d M Sport, 2L diesel.

As for the markings, it didn't have a model number, only the "M" insignia on the back - that's why I thought it looked so ridiculous. Who would deface a 62 plate 520d like that? Evidently, an elderly/retired couple would. Shall we let the old geezer off the hook, or is he still guilty of an unforgivable crime? :D