1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Mini-Lith. Completed...... in an on going kind of way

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bulldogjeff, 25 Jun 2015.

1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

As long as it's flat it will cover nicely.. Pics coming.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Is it easy to remove if things go wrong? As they undoubtedly will though I have carbon vinyl wrapped a few bits in my time.

3. bulldogjeff

Exactly the same. It comes off easily with no glue residue.. Maybe to easily.

4. bulldogjeff

It's a wrap

So I have been playing with vinyl wrap and also rejigged the window and added a mirrored film to that as well. The name of the game here seems to be shiny :D

Not as shiny as I had hoped but this one is being done on a seriously tight budget.

Ignor the wrinkly bits. Thats the protective film on the wrap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

How do get the inevitable bubbles out?
    I have only done small things so it was not much of an issue but you have given me an idea for a case as I hate black but the choices of coloured cases are limited. Covering a case as you have greatly widens my case choices

Last edited: 27 Jun 2015
  6. bulldogjeff

This stuff goes down really flat and easy with a soft micro fiber cloth. I used my nectar card. The proper stuff you would use a mini rubber squiggy thing, they're about 5 inches wide. Halford sell them for about a fiver.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Nice work Jeff you've been pretty busy there

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry what is this mini rubber squiggy thing?

9. bulldogjeff

Thanks Tel.. I thought while I have the time on my hands, I may as well get stuck in to it.

10. Teelzebub

It's just a flat piece of rubber / plastic about 4" x "2 so you can push the water out from under the wrap just like you do when applying a screen saver on you phone / tablet

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks but was looking for something a bit more specific. I will see what I can find that matches your description in Halfords.

Edit: Something like this perhaps? http://www.halfords.com/motoring-tr...queegees/halfords-ice-scraper-squeegee-sponge

Or this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Pro-Fe...192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4adb6983a8

12. Teelzebub

If you need anything mate just ask

13. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Subbed, this is gonna be good. I had an AquaTube in my FT03 build, but I'm diggin your placement. The wrap seems to have gone on well too. nice work.

J.

14. bulldogjeff

The ebay one will be ideal Glen
    Thanks a lot Tell... Erm a couple of 908's with blocks would me handy mate:D:D

Thanks a lot. I had a couple of choices for the rad placement, but after a bit of measuring and head scratching I decided that would be the easiest place for it. The wrap I'm using it very user friendly on a flat surface, goes on well..I remember your build well. That's what made me think if I am going to do a small case it will be the FT03.

15. Teelzebub

Off course Jeff :eyebrow: :hehe:

16. bulldogjeff

Cheers, nice one Tel..lol :thumb::thumb:

17. bulldogjeff

So I haven't done much this weekend. Dylan, me and my girlfriend went to see Minions. It's brilliant.

What I have managed was to wrap the CPU block and have a quick trial fit wi.th the mobo.

What I didn't realise how ever, was how tall the Ram cooler is.. It's a bit of a monster in that case. I don't think it's going to interfere with anything . But until I have a everything in the case, which will be in the next few days, I won't know for sure.

I'm also going to be trying different fans to see what suits the build best. The blue ones I have been using or whether to use some white enermax's. ut that will mean raiding another build and swapping the fans over. Not the easiest job when the GPU blocks sit so tight to the rad. Means a total drain down and strip out.. That said it's probably due one

Also, I have the same dilemma with tubing, clear with blue juice or white. Maybe with UV lighting.

As I said at the start of this build, I have no hard and fast plans. Just going make it up as I go along and see what comes out at the end.

One way or another, everything needs to go in to the case for a dry run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Jun 2015
  18. bulldogjeff

Just been testing a bit of Meyhams blue juice , it's good stuff and I can mix up the perfect colour for this build ..:clap::clap::clap::clap:

19. bulldogjeff

Had a quick test fit today and stripped the GPU for the block. It's cheap and cheerful but it works.

Now one thing I didn't take into account was the rad being half covered by the GPU. Basically with it all fitted the is zero access behind either of them. But I have with a bit of rejigging I have come up with a solution. ( pics soon) .

But for now, heres what it all looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's all very tight but it works. But that's a good thing.because it's made me come up with something I would have never thought of in a million years.

All will be revealed soon. :D

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Looking good Jeff.

I am looking to wrap a CM110 possibly so if I may would I like to PM you for advice in due course.