Other Trivial things that annoy you

Discussion in 'General' started by legoman, 10 Jul 2015.

1. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Motorists who dont use their indicators.....then go into one on you when you nearly hit them.

People who say "we will call you straight back" on the phone but never do.

Birds shitting on the car 10 minutes after washing it :/

2. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Wet teaspoon in the coffee/sugar!!

People who press the button on a pedestrian crossing with lights, without even checking if they need to hold up that one car/bike which they could let pass without even having to wait any longer in doing so.

Unique to Spain; the way people think the outside of a roundabout is a suitable lane for any exit.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Used tea bags in the sink. I don't get it. They aren't liquid. Putting them in a place with running water isn't going to dry them out either

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Actually giving it some thought - 2 things that always made me think 'wtf?' was when i was at uni and flatmates' insistence on putting eggs and bread in the fridge... Neither of those things should be in the fridge!

5. theshadow2001

Eggs can be in or out of the fridge doesn't seem to make much of a difference one way or another. I can't help but wonder if putting bread in a fridge will extend its life a bit. I usually buy half loaves and even at that I rarely get through a fully half loaf

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

-Glitter, it is pointless and annoying.

-People who don't have children and whinge about how annoying children are, despite having no real knowledge or experience. I don't think you can have a valid opinion about children until you have your own.

-When the packaging on sites is more expensive than the item.

-To echo others, we also put odd things in the fridge that I don't understand. Ketchup, pickled onions and beetroot. They're not refrigerated at the supermarket, why do they need to be now? The other end of the spectrum is that the other half doesn't understand what vegetables should be refrigerated, like carrots. It even says on the bag that they should be refrigerated.

-Youtube suggesting things that I have no interest, nor have ever had interest in. I've never watched minecraft videos, nor do I understand the fascination with them. Minecraft is a game, games are more fun to play than watch. It's not like it's premiership football, you can just go and play the game yourself, without any real extra expense or effort.

-I must be the only young person who refuses to use memes. I hate memes. Some of them can be funny, like a reference from a video game or a television show as a witty response. Some of these memes just make zero sense, though.

7. theshadow2001

I'm not sure how having your own children makes them any less loud, abrasive, irrational, wildly emotional, impulsive or prevents them from crying everywhere and anywhere...a lot. Parents lack objectivity because most of them are tied to their kids emotionally and financially whether they like it or not. They can't put them back in there and go "this wasn't the best idea".

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Oh man, those 3 are the most annoying. Especially the ones with "broken" indicators. Right turn on roundabout is the MOST annoying, I would have adjusted my speed better if I had known you are turning right, wasting less fuel and continuing the flow of traffic.

Adding to driving list:

- People who roll forward when turning right (bigger turn in UK), to make the main road traffic give-way and wait for them to be given way. Basically from a minor road FORCING major roads to give way to them.

- People who thinks it's okay to speed ahead and push into a traffic queue. I understand it's fastest way to merge, but in reality they are only doing it to get ahead, when EVERYONE else are waiting patiently in a line.

- London's traffic lights where waiting cars get 2 lanes going straight but only 1 lane. Forcing people to merge mid-junction

- People who don't look and plan ahead when driving.

- People who wait on major road to turn right, but didn't learn to position their car such that car is parallel to the road and don't block everyone behind them. Like this:

[​IMG]

Because during the busy period, the aisles are not wide enough? Aisles are usually wide enough so that either 4 or 3 trollies can go abreast. So in a 4 trollies aisle, if you don't keep to one of the virtual lanes, you reduce the aisle to a 3 trolly aisle creating bottleneck. It's much better to block a section of the display rather than block people's pathways.

TL;DR: I am in favour of keeping flow of traffic/people. I'm usually against anything reducing a pathway's flow capacity.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Happens every day to me coming to work, two juntions about 400 yards apart first one though isnt wide enough. Usual problem major road onto a minor one.

Current peev this morning, people who dont acknowledge you when you give way to them

10. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

1. Eating in bed! Yuck

2. Getting in your car only to find the other half has put a different CD in the player and hidden what was in there.

3. Binding Knot weed in the garden. Drives me nuts!

4. Waking up in the morning and realising I forgot to charge the phone.

You know what? I could bang on for hours with this stuff :D

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Right then, first off, people who don't move like they have a purpose - worst offenders are in supermarkets, people go in and IMMEDIATELY slow down to a dawdle with a vacant look on their dumb faces. Seriously, who goes to a supermarket just to have a wander around? You must have some idea about what you needed when you decided to go there, no just hurry the f$&% up and go find it, or don't just get out of my way.

And talking of which, people wandering around who always expect me to be the one who moves out of the way EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm 6' tall and weigh about 300lbs, I am not that hard to miss. I really don't give a crap if people are not looking where they are walking, they can walk into a lampost, fall down a hole, or get flattened by a passing tram for all I care, I don't know them, but I just wish they would walk with some consideration for the rest of us and move occasionally. Nobody has a sense of 'in the way' anymore.

People who don't queue up properly. Now I fully understand with Nottingham being a tourist and university city that we get people from all over the world and the rest of the world seems to have the mentality of "screw you, I need to be there now" but please, if you are going to live here for any amount of time, at least learn the custom of queueing. It's not a hard concept, here is a line of people and they were here before you. You want to get there before them? Get to the queue earlier next time.

Onto road stuff, cyclists - the road laws apply to you as well as those of us with engines. You want to jump the lights or hop on and off the pavement, or to not use the cycle path that IS RIGHT F£%£ING NEXT TO YOU, then fine, but you don't get to squeal and whinge when you get yourself squished because of some stupid crap you did.

Car parks, why do people lose all sense when driving around in car parks? They're laid out the sme as a series of road junctions, treat them the same way. Not difficult.

Oh, and the sound of people eating when I'm not.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2015
  12. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Eggs. Rolling around, breaking and generally being too delicate.

13. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Glitter is the herpes of the craft world.

14. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

People who constantly drive 50mph in a 60, 30 in a 40 etc.

If you can't drive the speed limit then don't drive.

15. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hate this one so much, I know its a limit of what speed you can go, But esp on certain types of roads and such, Going under the limit will frustrate people and some will then try reckless overtakes in order to get past. so that slower careful drivers then indirectly causing an accident.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Too many to mention but today the top one is...

NOT PUTTING THE MILK BACK IN THE F*****G FRIDGE.

17. theshadow2001

I've often seen them playing nostril roulette with the milk at work. Makes me glad I don't take milk.

18. asura

asura jack of all trades

Building control officers sitting on technical observations for three weeks, ignoring e-mails and telephone calls, then finally (me having to approach their superior) send them through.

Responding to above in two days, only to find out BCO is now on annual leave for two weeks!

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Oh man, how did I miss those 2!

Especially when car parks clearly have 1 way system in place. I drive in the middle as road markings and they drive directly at me as though I am in the wrong and I should be scraping all the parked car's bumpers.

Opposite of that is people who tailgate you when you drive at the speed limit. On a quiet 30 road, I usually set cruise control to 33, sat-nav reads 30-31. I still get cars speeding up to my rear bumper for no reason. They feel if they drive really close to you, they might "push" you along, joke's on them, won't work with my cruise control :nono:

(of course the road's speed limit is very needed for busy periods, during quiet periods (eg. 7am) I think you can safely drive 40. But still, that's breaking the law)

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

There are so many, this mornings one.
    Someones swapped my chair in the office, it was setup how I like it and wasnt broken. Now I have one where the backrest wont stay upan the seat base wobbles and im pretty sure the height adjust is broken im sure im slowly sinking.