1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows F1 2015

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rainbowbridge, 2 Sep 2015.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Since code masters have delivered with regards to dirt rally, I felt it proper to give their F1 2015 a chance, I will be testing it on triple screen and seeing how it compares to other race sims.

Has any one got F1 2015 yet?

The graphics look good.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

I have played it for around 20 hours. Id say it has a few flaws as most F1 games do. Its not as well liked as 2013.

Never noticed any graphics issues but plenty of people say they do exist.

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

going to get into it ,check it out and do some screen shots,

Edit:

Game has already been out for number of months and I see this?

Looks like code masters has been spending all its time on dirt rally..

[​IMG]

I cant control the game, ESC does not go back, I can not set up my wheel or progress. I will ask for a refund and re-purchase in 2 or 3 months once the major patches are deloyed that the game work even in a configuration of a t500 connected with shifter and pedals.

Un-installing for now.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2015
  4. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

The game is horribly buggy when it comes to controllers. I'm still unable to play with either my Xbox 360 controller or Xbox One controller on Windows 10.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Xbox 360 controller does now work for most. Not sure about Xbox one controller.

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I'm a big F1 fan and I like my driving sims, so I assumed I'd like a (supposedly) fairly accurate F1 sim.

However, when it comes down to it I never found the F1 cars (as replicated in the codemasters games) that enjoyable to drive. And ultimately that trumps all the F1 dressing when it comes to which driving sim I end up playing.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

played less than a race worth at my friends house, 3/4 of the multilayer players have no sense of how to drive and just crash you off, and the marshalling system is appalling, he then had a race to try to show me it was good and got a penalty for an illegal overtake ( the driver went flying down the inside at the first corner and crashed off about 3 cars, my friend driving the racing line overtook them as the yellow flags went up giving him 10 seconds to relinquish the position, unfortunately the crashed driver was on the other side of a gravel trap so unless you do a 180 and drive backwards to give him the place back, its an instant penalty )

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Ah the one I worked on :D

During testing we were having a competition for the fastest lap round Monaco. I discovered that as long as you weren't on the throttle, you could drive right through the pit lane exit, the chicane after the tunnel and through the swimming pool complex, but I didn't let on or log a bug for it for ages, I'd just shave a tiny bit off the fastest time to stay on top. Eventually it got too hard to get a time faster but not too much faster, so I smashed it by a country mile, emailed the time round the group, logged the bug and went to lunch.

When I came back about a dozen people had worked through lunch trying to figure out how I did it, one person had found the bug report but still couldn't beat it. Eventually word got round and the fastest time changed hands a few times, but I was always able to find just a little more, tweak a setting here or there and remained on top when they fixed it.

Great days.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2015
  9. rollo

rollo Modder

Cant say its a game id ever play multiplayer. Can not imagine that going well. Completed a full season now, Does get a touch boring after a while but thats racing. On full races you get to experience the entire weekend.

Pro season is pretty taxing and will require alot of skill to win the world championship even in the Mercedes cars. Nico or Lewis whichever you are not will test you to your limits.