1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by workingclass, 5 Feb 2013.

1. creative

creative 500rwhp

I am aware of that but when your just roaming and come across a quest, I always for get to check when its in the cut scenes etc and then you have to choose! :D

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I started my second playthrough, got to Velen and just stopped playing. This was last week and have not been back. Most odd.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, I've not touched it in a week. I think 65 hours was my limit for binging a game, same thing happened to Mass Effect and I. 60-70 hour binges and then nothing for months.

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I'm a bit confused about the latest patch. It seems to have made the mastercrafted armour above the abilities of my character. Despite me wearing it....

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Anyone else tried the paid 'Hearts of Stone' DLC yet?

I completed it at the weekend, as a stand alone playthrough, as my second playthrough I am only level 6 and very early on in the game, and the quest level for HoS is 30+.

Anyway, let me just say, I enjoyed it very much, some really good characters and great dialog, especially Olgried and O'Dimm and an interesting story spread over 3 main quests, and some secondaries. Good varied pace between them and I think about 8-10 hours of additional gameplay.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I bought HoS, but I've not played it yet.

It dawned on me how foolish it was adding quests to my attempt to do all the quests, so I didn't fire up the game..

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm near the end of it and I'm really enjoying it. TW3 has now become my favourite RPG of all time, I've enjoyed it that much.

8. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

The whole series is easily my favorite RPG's. Just got some time the next few days so went ahead and bought HoS and really enjoying the scenery :)

Have played the prologue like 5-6 times already because I really like White Orchard, its atmosphere is very enjoyable. Finished the game twice, and really enjoyed the ending where Ciri becomes her own woman (for not wanting to spoil anything).

The seasonal change in White Orchard was absolutely brilliant. If there are any stragglers that haven't still played the game I wholly recommend it if you like a slower paced, atmospheric, story driven and honestly fantastically well made RPG.

9. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

I am currently still slowly playing this game. And omg just when you think your close to completing the side quests boom 10 more lol. Its never-ending lol. I got the ce version of the game and love the statue its pride of place. The witcher series is by far my favourite rpg series in recent years. But i feel like im still not seeing everything this game has lol

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Ahh i'm gutted, my epilogue was bugged and wouldn't trigger, despite getting one of the more positive endings so I haven't played White Orchard Winter :/

On the other hand, that does give me the opportunity to play it again and make some different choices :D

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

is there any mods to make the combat none sh!t yet? still only 4 hours in and i pre ordered it.
    Shame really with the rest of the game been incredible.

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

You might consider elaborating on what you mean by ****?

If your referencing the way Geralt moves, that now has a toggle that can be changed for alternate movement.

But without more information on what your issue is?

13. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Just completed HOS, still working my way though side quests i think at some point i'll just complete the game THEN go back for a fully completed game lol

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Well that's HoS finished; it was most agreeable.

15. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

how do you install patch on pc?

EDIT: nevermind, I had to log in on GOG and type in my retails code to active it.

I noticed last night how important the level of exp is now in Witcher 3, compared to older parts.
    Having 5 level less than an attacking monster isn't always a good idea:)

Last edited: 30 Oct 2015
  16. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I enjoy the combat, but it is a bit unbalanced.

Try this mod - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/769/?

It's recommended to be used in conjunction with this - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/449/?

Read installation properly though if you want to try it -it isn't quite as simple as dropping in some files like in Skyrim. You need to run a script merger to solve conflicts.

17. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Last night I did the mission in Velen, the one with Baron and botchling...
    Daimn, that was so ugly...

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yup but masterfully written as an RPG story line. I don't think it would have been half as powerful if the botchling had not been so grotesque.

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Story is a masterpiece, yep.

I managed to get him changed to a ghost. So now need to find Baron's daughter and his wife.
    Just arrived in Velen, so looks like I'm going to spend a lot of time here, lots of ? marks to be done.

20. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yes, a reasonable amount of time, Velen contains much woe.

Only advice I can really offer is to take your time and enjoy it, avoid fast travel if you can. Much of the atmosphere and story I picked up as I wondered around. Over use of fast travel will erode that experience somewhat.

I didn't do all the question mark, much of it is 'reclaim the land from monsters or bandits' (a hut symbol when discovered), or treasure guarded by the former two, which to me is not that interesting after the 10th time. However, mixed in all that, are loads of randomly discovered quests, to my surprise, many of them were story or thematically interesting.

I'm sure you will figure out a pace that suits you. if I may offer, if you have not yet experienced the Fyke Island quest line, I highly recommend it.