1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

I think I might try playing this game with the steam controller and seeing how that goes.

Guess I'll be playing at a mix of High/Ultra. I'd prefer that 60FPS over the slight changes in graphic quality.

Any idea if this will support 21:9 (2560x1080) aspect ratios out if the box? probably not.....

Also, no shipping confirmation of my Pip-Boy edition yet.....

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

TBH I think we expect too much sometimes, still enjoy the game just like all the other fallout games

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Apparently the rotter of the lot is the Xbone. Serious FPS tanks.

Also.

A guy on another forum has a naughty version and has been playing it and explaining it pretty well from a hardware perspective and it seems the rat is "God Rays" the only Nvidia Failworks feature.

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...-interactive-comparison-001-ultra-vs-low.html

With them on ultra he is getting around 60 FPS. With them on low he is getting over 100 FPS.

So I am a little less concerned now. I couldn't give a chuff about bloody rays I just want to immerse myself in pure gaming love.

4. Vault-Tec

Back in around 2010 I set up a triple monitor thingermebub. Both games needed a lot of INI hacking and both looked a bit stupid. For example, on the side monitors things like Deathclaws looked huge but then you spun around to find them miles away. It also stretched out the textures something awful.

Any way, I would imagine Bethesda have done some work since so you should be fine.

Strange.. Have they taken payment successfully?

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

would seem its something related to loading of resources with the stuttering?

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

If there's bugs then I don't really care that much either. I'll just skip those bits. they'll get fixed, either by Bethesda or modders and then I just play it again.

I know that we shouldn't accept the bugs and should hold developers to a much higher standard, but when a game is as easy to plug patches into as Bethesda's stuff, then as long as they get fixed at some point, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Oh yeah, currently pre-loading...

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I on the other hand would rather wait till I can play the game with patches applied, though I used to be an early purchaser I got tired of searching for fixes just so I could play the game. I am a little older and perhaps wiser and would rather wait even if it is for a game I am really looking forward to playing.

So lets us know how you guys get on once you have played a while.

9. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Patchfix should come out by the weekend for PC, which is probably when I'll actually get a decent time to sit and play this (busy with Witcher 3 atm).

Got my shipping confirmation last week, so was hoping it would have arrived today so I could get it preloaded (still wondering if they've sent it to billing address instead of delivery address like with the bobblehead).

BTW, if anyone has preordered it and gotten the announcer pack for Dota 2, but don't play Dota... Can I have it? Pretty please?

10. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Sure, if I can find out where it went. I should have got it with my Steam pre-order

12. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

anything better in the uk than greenman gaming at 39.99 with 20% off?
    anyone had dealings with them before? reputable?

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

As someone who will not be playing the game, and therefore able to enjoy the rich storyline and size of the game (which I'm sure is what 90% of the players are here for), I'm struck simply by how BAD the graphics are. I mean, this is 2015 and the characters look like they are no better than Half Life 2. I find this really hard to stomach after games like Witcher and Battlefront.

15. Vault-Tec

I would suspect the problem is time. With a game like Fallout it's all about the content. And that takes time. If they'd started messing around with the engine mid-dev then it would have ended up like Duke Nukem Forever.

For me it's about progression, and Fallout 4 is on a newer engine than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 wasn't the best looking game of its time either (outclassed in almost every aspect by Crysis) but it didn't matter.

When some one talks to me in Fallout 4 I am not paying attention to their lip sync or movements. I am taking in information. It actually feels odd watching videos of Fallout 3, because it almost seems like a completely different game.

Yes there are prettier games out there and yeah, things have kind of moved on since they started dev. But to those who really care it really wouldn't be a problem.

Most of the critics I've seen laying into Fallout 4 have never played Fallout 3. And I can pretty much understand it, it's them that doesn't.

16. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

im not reading reviews.. i did for other game and i then went looking for the issues or the things they pointed out ! not letting them do that to me on fallout 41

as someone who goes back to the Fallout series allot, hell im 1/2 way through tactics atm, i dont care about the graphics, for me they don't add that much to the game.. much rather have a Good story n open world, to me graphics are not the be all n end all !

Witcher 3 looked amazing but i had as much fun with this on low graphics as i did high!,i no im going to enjoy fallout! Looking forward to becoming a walking weapon n making myself a fortress, the build a house thing looks awesome!

Although the game is preloaded me a mate going to my local shop to help out with the launch as he had staff ring in sick so said id go help for an hour.

17. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Just ordered from greenman gaming. £32 (After a (20%) off code. Code arrived in e-mail instantly, preloading now!

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Agreed its the game that matters

19. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Just downloading now, hoping for more of the same kind of fun as Fallout 3.

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Goes live any time now in the UK!

EDIT: Gone live! Steam unpacking it (slowly) now!

Last edited by a moderator: 10 Nov 2015