1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This game is so poorly documented it's unreal. It's like Bethesda had all of these whacky ideas and then just expected people to fully know them all.

I had to resort to Youtube a couple of times when I got stuck. I still don't bother modding much (just scopes to guns and so on) and I've built about three walls and a chair for some old grunter just because I had to. Therefore the Mechanist DLC left me cold (because it was about three crap quests and then more building) but Far Harbor was absolutely fantastic.

Hoping Nuka World (confirmed now) is good because apparently it's the last DLC. Bit of a con that, two proper map DLC and the rest were all just stupid add ons.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nope I turned them off along with motion blur. I turned off the fancy lightning too.
    I had to dial back the object and people distance from 100% to ~60%.

I built a load because they were "OMG WE'RE GONNA GET ATTACKED", but never have been. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Then they expect you to build up every settlement? **** that. I can't even tell the people to go Sanctuary. You wanna stay on your exposed farm with tiny shack? You do that. But I built a fortress up north.
    I've modded a load of guns and power armour which I really enjoy (again, didn't realize you could mod power armour separate to the "Armour crafting station" until 15 hours into the game). But Bethesda can go f-themselves if they expect me to waste hours to go scour the wasteland for every damn trinket just to make a nicer barrel or something. Console commands + 1000 of every item did the job.

Also I'm finding the quests SO very vacant. Everyone is just "go here, kill there people". Now do it again. It's wafer thin. The one time I really started getting into it was BoS mission where I ended up going to find a bunker, found an old guy and he was like "I'll stay here thanks" then the BoS people were like "Ah shame he's staying he must know so much" and that was that. Your mission IS Recon, GO GET HIM. Oh and apparently I can be a Minuteman AND BoS. Not a conflict?

I also just worked out last night you have to listen to the radio for extra missions. That was a surprise.

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Jul 2016
  3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You need a high charisma level to get him back to BoS.

Minuteman are not in conflict with anyone (well, if we ignore the "bad guys" you are asked to go and kill in the Minuteman missions), except the Institute if you ask them to help you with the attack.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The set of missions that I have enjoyed the most so far was the 'main' one from Goodneighbour, the Silver Shroud. I decided to go full on RP on that one and use all the in-character dialogue. She it was still go here and kill X, but that was the Silver Shroud's purpose, a crime fighting vigilante.

The crafting side has been very enjoyable as well, especially the weapon stuff. I love the special items as well. You can build up the best weapon possible for a type such as a silenced .50 sniper rifle with recon scome and tactical stock and suddenly you find a two shot version and just like that, swap the mods over from your best one and you have just doubled your damage.

The whole harvesting junk thing does wear thin rather quickly, especially when base building which is why I run god mode for the base building part as that means you don't use any resources and have infinite carry if you need to pick up and move bits around. I just wish there was a better power generator.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Damn. Feel like I'm missing out now. Might hack it and go back.
    In FO3 you had greyed out options that were perk-limited, but not here. Can't really work out what the orange and red does - it's a very bad UI. Plus in FO3 if you failed in a perk-limited attempt it would shut down discussion or change their attitude to you, but not here.

Not conflict with each other, but I'm basically the whore of the wastes joining up to everything I see.

I'm half way through the Silver Shroud. Cleared out the shop last night and picked up the goodies, but don't know where the bloke is yet.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Still sucks you can't scrap and strip all mods - if you scrap you scrap. You have to MAKE the non-mods to remove better ones, which is total BS. Or compare weapons direct. Such a PITA UI.

Some of the legendary weapons are not that great either. Non-reload 10mm (leg) means giving up my 15% Crit 10mm (non-leg), so I'd rather reload thanks.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

This is why I used the console to up my special stats up to 10 across the board, same as I did with FO3 and NV. I never play games like this for any kind of challenge, I just want to see and be able to do everything, nothing more likely to make me put a game down than having to repeat bits over and over.

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Text colour in speech checks is meant to be the chances of you Passing, Yellow meaning high, Orange meaning somewhere in the middle, and Red being low. it's entirely possible to save-scum and pass red speech checks with 1 Charisma, it'd just take a lot of attempts.

I'm still not sure if I really like what they did with the game, like, I really like a lot of the systems, the new perks system is pretty cool, I love the weapon modding, the fact that PA is now a giant angry Exoskeletal structure, gameplay wise; I think they nailed a lot, but there's too much emphasis on Settlement Building, and it feels like the game has suffered as a part of that.

Far Harbour was easily the best bit of Fallout 4 i've played, hopefully Nuka World will be exceptional too, but the other three DLCs are very much take or leave when it comes to actual experiences, the new content is nice, but it really doesn't grab me.

I honestly don't know if I'll keep going back to Fallout 4 like I do Skyrim, FNV and 3.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's a problem for me then as my HUD is yellow.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

So apparently you can have lesbian 'relations' with the singer in goodneighbour as I just found out. Surprise!

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You can have gay ones too IIRC. Like man gay :) Danse is openly homosexual and I am sure I can remember a time where he propositioned me. I just blushed and politely declined :)

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Really! I honestly never knew FO was so progressive.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Jul 2016
  13. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

You can have a relationship with a robot as well if you have the Far Harbour DLC.

Speaking of the DLC... I need to find or put together a mod to tone down the fog on that island, it's so dense that it makes the game look like trash because it feels like there almost zero draw distance.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2016