1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Normal postman has just been and yet again my phone case has not turned up, going to have to start a claim to get my money back, hardly life ending issue but this should have turned up yesterday.

I probably should have cancelled the order the other day when the seller had not posted it 2 days after me buying it, and then only bothered to contact me after I messaged them asking when it was going to be posted.

There excuse for not posting it was, that apparently hundreds of people had ordered a case for the S7 Edge when they should have ordered for just the S7, when it was clear at the top of the Ebay page what phone it was for in big bold black letters "S7 EDGE" and the stock level showing as only having 3 available and 7 sold.

**Edit**

So cannot claim my money back through Ebay or Paypal now, I need to contact my credit card provider to see what they say, but looking online people are saying that I need to wait 1 week after the date of which is should have arrived, before I make a request to get my money back.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2016
  3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Ofsted coming to my school tomorrow :(

4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

oh the things my school used to do to scrape a pass...

several students received 'external exclusion ( AKA a day off school ) and were simply marked as 'absent'
    it was also the only day where you would be told in no small terms you would get detention for not wearing the uniform correctly ( 13 stripes on the tie ). many staff put in many extra hours the day beforehand to make sure EVERYTHING was in pristine condition ( including getting their cars washed )

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Offstead inspection at our school i think the tick sheet was pretty much this

Does building contain children?
    Teachers present?
    Toilet floors wet with a strong smell of cigarettes?
    Book in library?

If the above are all ticks school passed

6. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Good luck! Been through 3 (+1 one day no notice inspection) as a Physics teacher.

Hope it all goes well :).

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Wow.

Because everyone having 13 stripes on everyone's tie and having a car park full of clean cars really gets to the core of what makes a school good.

8. johnnywheels

johnnywheels What's a Dremel?

I feel your pain trying to deal with getting money back through ebay and paypal...I know they've recently made policy changes. Hope it comes in the next week, best of luck!

Last edited: 20 Apr 2016
  9. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

You have my sympathies - OFSTED are teh sux - been through 5 or 6 now in my time as a teacher and luckily always been rated as good/outstanding.

On topic as well...

The government likely to announce that all schools will *have to* become academies or part of academy chains - been doing some googling to find out what it'll mean for my local authority school and none of it is good overall for the profession.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

OFSTED, luxury they are and you're all going to be academies soon anyway we've got UKAS in for the week and I'd gladly swap ya

11. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

F****** WINDOWS 10

every day seems like a new challenge, sometimes it works, sometimes it black screen, sometimes it just screws with me. Seriously thinking of downgrading.

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Id rather have UKAS than the FSA.

13. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Fighting a losing battle against dark thoughts...

Questioning the merits of keeping things together merely so I can work myself to exhaustion for a wage I can't live on, try and survive long enough in hope of a retirement I'll probably never see all so I can collect a pension I can't live on... All whilst hoping I don't need to use the healthcare I can't afford and being told I should be grateful for what I have...

..and to top off the day, I got hit by a car...

Last edited: 16 Mar 2016
  14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

But you're still here and telling us all about it. That's got to be good for something. :)

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

True, I can take some solace in knowing I've ruined the dozy git's bonnet...

16. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

i did that when i got hit about 20 years ago. He went into the side of me due to bad traffic light timings. I wrecked his bumper, pressed his bonnet onto the top of his engine and smashed his windscreen with the back of my head. I then got thrown about 10' once he had stopped and landed sitting down, hence the tremendous amount of back pain I currently have to deal with.

17. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Wife had her handbag stolen off the pram she was pushing down the local high street. Literally must've looked away for 10 seconds, to look for the path to the car park (its up an alley) and it was gone, but didn't notice till she got to the car. :(
    More annoying then anything else, luckily her phone was in her hand, and both her house and car keys were in her coat pocket - but still lost her purse, the handbag and 5 or so nappies - shame none of them were dirty....

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Having to return tickets to see Iron Maiden (a once in a lifetime thing for me, and a childhood dream), because the missus' laptop is broke and needs urgent replacing. No wriggle room for the flights and accommodation and concert in the budget now... :'(

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Oh man, that's gotta hurt. Not being able to book tickets is one thing, but having to RETURN them is just... ouch.

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

**** that noise

PM me your PayPal, I'll send £20 along.

Aint no way someone is missing out on seeing Eddie
    :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock: :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock: