1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Three more years of Bernie ****ing Ecclescakes. JFC death just take him already. He'll be 90 by then.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Sep 2016
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yay, just long enough to influence the mindset of the new owners and f**k any chance of real improvement.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Singa...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....bore....

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

My heart skipped a beat after Hamiltons last pit stop, it either decided to give up from the bore fest or thought something interesting might actually happening......a procession to rival any funeral. At least the word funeral contains the word fun, More than can be said for that race.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I must have watched a different race then, cause there was loads of action up and down the field. Kvyat vs max was a brilliant battle and one which will hopefully pick his spirit up. Max overtaking people in places it really shouldn't be possible to, listening to Hamilton throw a strop cause it wasn't going his way, the final chase down as Ricciardo almost caught rosberg. Was a pretty decent race I thought.

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I wonder if anyone at Red Bull regrets firing Kvyatt purely to keep young Max away from Ferrari. Sure he's fast, but the smiling assassin is is in an entirely different league to Max unless luck/reliability intervenes. I'm sure Kyatt was actually a bit closer.

Rosberg is out to make a point at the moment, no driver has ever won nine races in a season and not won the title, Rosberg is one from the seemingly magic number. Or he could be about to add another record to the one he took from Sir Stirling Moss earlier in the year.

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

On other side, it is easily possible that both Hamilton and Rosberg will have over 9 wins, considering the only non-Mercedes win this year was when the Mercedes cars took out each other. What will your logic say then ? :D

8. David

Didn't see the race - it wasn't on C4 and I tend not to bother with highlights for Singapore - second only to Monaco for paint drying levels of boredom.
    I agree that Kvyatt was handed a raw deal, and I think he's got some real pace. I certainly don't believe Max deserved to take his seat on merit, but I question his mental strength - it's taken him how many races to perform after being knocked back?

9. fix-the-spade

I would argue Red Bull's behaviour towards him is more to blame than his mental strength. From half way through last year it was an open secret that RB were looking for absolutely any excuse to get rid of him. He beat Ricciardo last year and this year they fired him after exactly one bad result.

They've made no secret of their lack of interest in helping or keeping him at Toro Rosso either. Nobody can work to their best for long under those kind of conditions and to keep it up for over a year without giving RB the excuse it was so obviously looking for is impressive in of itself.

10. David

Oh, Red Bull behaved appallingly, no question.

However, 4 months and eleven grands prix before he straightened himself out? That hasn't done him any favours at all.

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

While Kyvatt beat Riccardo on points he doesn't seem to be a good a racer as Riccardo like going toe to toe. Against Verstappen has been the first time I can remember that I felt he could get the upper hand. From interviews he also seems awkward.
    In other news Red Bull seem to be blaming the clutch for Verstappen performance
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126269

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I've put my comments in spoiler tags for people who don't want to know what happened in todays race.

Somethings going on.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but as lewis says, 8 Mercedes engines on the track and its only ever his that goes wrong

13. j_jay4

j_jay4 Minimodder

He was the fastest Mercedes on track and was 19 seconds ahead of the red bulls, you can't do that without risking reliability.

Awesome race though.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

14. fix-the-spade

I would say that firmly marks Lewis out as the problem. That's the fifth engine that's gone bang for him this season.

It was also the lowest mileage Merc unit by a huge margin after Merc pulled that fast one to give him three brand new engines to play with over the remainder of the season. He's doing something that over stresses the engine somehow and either Merc don't fully understand it or it's so vital to his speed they can't make him stop doing it.

Alternatively, Nico's hissy fit at the end of last year about his mechanics making too many mistakes is being proved exactly right. Mercedes swapped around a lot of the pit crew between seasons to prove there was no difference and... Nico might have been onto something.

Lewis is still in with a chance, he just has to finish one place ahead of Rosberg at each race, which he is entirely capable of doing.

15. rollo

rollo Modder

I would say the championship is over, He will get another Engine penalty for a new ICU apperently also.(Sky rumours on this, As he did not take new ICUs when they did his engine as he had only used 3 of those) So he will start near last in the next race.

Nico wins that by default if so and then the championship is over.

If merc had any competition you would question if they had just lost themselves both championships in a single race.

Next season when its closer Merc will have 0 reliability issues is my oppinion.

16. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Meh you can never say its over with 5 races to go, 1 DNF for Rosberg and 1 win for Hamilton or even say a 3rd and its all to play for again.

As you saw today, anything can happen.

Way to many points left to say its over.

17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I honestly think it is ridiculous to suggest Mercedes would intentionally scupper one of their cars, regardless of who the management would prefer to win they are a car manufacturer who value greatly their brand image. Engines blowing up does not bolster their brand image.

Lewis has experienced a series of bad luck, nothing more nothing less.

The question should be, following Hamilton's comments - could they potentially equate to gross misconduct and warrant his sacking if Mercedes so wish.

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Creates a lot of publicity, they did swap his engineering team for rosberg and I believe they swapped his pit crew this race too.

So I don't think Mercedes would do it deliberately but it's a little odd, if it is just bad luck then wow that's some bad luck.

As for sacking him for his comments they know it's heat of the moment crap so it's equally rediculous to mention sacking for that.

19. David

Lewis is just hard on his engines, IMO. It's just his style and, as long as the hardware withstands the abuse, it makes him very difficult to beat.

20. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Nah, next year is a complete rules shake up, impossible to predict yet which teams turn it will be to utterly dominate until the next complete rules shake up.