1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

forgot my bank card at nearby coffee shop, headed back around 08:20pm.(working late) managed to catch the whole putting two massive clear see-through bags of every which sandwich the store sales into the bin,

Took two overly packed big paper bags and was on the hunt for the homeless first was a man and I think his son and another guy that seemed more together with it and sharp than me just down from Lester square.

There needs to be some thing done about the food waste from all the sandwich shops, its pretty bad news to be throwing around 30 to 100 pounds of sandwiches, today is Monday so I guess they try to get rid of as many as they can from the previous week? and then have to unload of a Monday, if your homeless in London look out for Monday sandwich shops throwing masses of food away ?

Guy must have had over 60 sandwiches going into two clear bin bags, I wont mention the shop.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hey, i got given it. i'll drink it if its free

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just been asked to collect my new car at 1pm on Friday, approx 30hrs before I have to park it at the airport for 2 weeks! :D

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Out for dinner this evening at the always awesome Gurkha Kitchen here in Nottingham. Soooooo good.

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Quite - how Diet Coke gets any sales when Pepsi Max exists I've no idea. Cherry Pepsi Max is dabomb.

6. Almightyrastus

I much prefer Diet Coke. I think that Pepsi Max tastes a lot like cheap cola bottle sweets. Not a bad thing at all, I just prefer Diet Coke.

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I switched to Max when Coke dropped from 2L to 1.75L bottles, for the SAME price!

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Coming to the conclusion that the easiest way to get rid of a wasp's nest in a dense hedge without setting the lot on fire could be vaporisation by firework banger.

:clap:

Last edited: 27 Sep 2016
  9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I went out for dinner Sunday night and paid with my debit card, which they promptly lost.

So why is this in the awesome category?

Because it expires soon and I had gotten the new one in the mail the day before, so I got a free meal and no headache from replacing the card!

The Steampunk Studio is basically finished and if I can find some sheets at the thrift store I will be sleeping there tonight! Also going to my first Fire Dept training tonight and should be back running calls by the middle of the month.

10. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I bet you wished you ordered more XD

11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

You're right in that Pepsi Max does have a cola flavour, whereas Diet Coke (my phone tried to call it Dirty Choke) seems to have lost any trace of being a cola drink and has very little flavour at all to me.

12. Almightyrastus

That's one of the reasons I prefer it, nothing much in the way of a lingering after-taste

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

My university suggested that I try and get the findings of my thesis published in some conference proceedings. That would be kind of a cool thing to get done I suppose.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Are you presenting at said conference? Get a poster up, or do a presentation.

Congrats though. Conference proceedings are handy resources for researchers (academic and industrial). Sadly though, so many of them are so nondescript it's painful :(

15. theshadow2001

Haha. yes, I had to wade through some pretty awful papers during my degree. Maybe some day, I too will have an awful paper in some conference proceedings and a frustrated student will have to wade through it to try and garner something for a report or assignment they don't really care about. The academic circle, would then be complete. :D

Right now I've know idea what's going on to be honest. I'm just going to have a look at some other papers and see how they were set up and write my own in a similar manner and then submit it to the conference and see what happens after that then. They could quite easily tell me to feck off. But its worth giving it a shot anyway.

I can't imagine doing a full presentation, if I got a poster going I would be happy enough.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You HAVE to use your Bit avatar on that poster! :D

17. theshadow2001

Nothing says "I'm scholarly AF" like a face palming monkey :D

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

*runs in from digging the garden to answer the phone*

Me: Hello?
    Nice Indian man: Hello, is that Mr Yadda please?
    Me: Hi, who's speaking please?
    Nice Indian Man: I'm calling from undecipherable-but-official-sounding-********-organisation and just have a few questions regarding...
    Me [interrupting]: I'll have an iced bun, a donut and a slice of that cake... over there.
    NIM: ...
    NIM: Sir, it won't take two minutes of...
    Me: I'll have an ICED BUN, a DONUT and a SLICE OF THAT CAKE... over there.
    NIM: But we...
    Me: I'LL HAVE AN ICED BUN!!! A DONUT!!! AND A SLICE OF THAT CAKE... OVER THERE!!!
    NIM: *click*

*Puts muddy boots back on and continues digging the garden*

The old Charlie Chuck routine never fails. :cooldude:

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My go to is the following:-

<1930's BBC accent>

I'm terribly sorry old chap, but I'm afraid I don't speak a word of English. Good day to you!

</1930's BBC accent>

:hip:

20. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I need to get more creative again. I've been using the old breadshop sketch (or variations on the theme) for a while now. Before that it was "does your cat clean his backside on the carpet?" in Welsh which also worked very well but got old quickly.