Motors The Bit-Tech F1 2016 Thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 29 Nov 2015.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Jesus, Bindi. Some people just want to see the world burn.
    I can actually see Nico do that. He's not exactly opposed to blatant cheating, as we know... this would just be "morally grey"

I am hoping for a terrible start for Nico, and a great one for Lewis.
    If some reliability could come and play in Lewis's favour (basically - can Nico have some ERS issues, or blow a turbo or something? - Or just have a meteorite hit his car?), that would make my day.

Sadly, I am not seeing any of it. Around Abu Dhabi, which is all but guaranteed to be dry, Both Mercs are all but guaranteed a podium.

2. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

Just read that jen son button will be retiring after the next race. The grid will be missing an amazing driver and character.

3. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Its sad to see that Jensen has officially announced his retirement, it was expected what with his new deal to be the adviser or whatever at McHonda. I wasn't expecting to see him drive again barring injury to either Fernando or Stoffel.

Button was one of the few drivers I can remember watching for most of my F1 viewing life, so its going to be quite sad not seeing him line up next year, esp when we have seen the McLaren looking a bit more competitive recently

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:hip::hip::hip::hip::hip::hip:

:naughty:

I thought it would be especially ironic.

What, really really this time? Not "I'll be back in 2017?" Suppose the contract was tied to Ron?

Of all the old blokes I'd like to see go to leave room for fresh talent, Button isn't one of them. I really, really hope he does WRX cause that would be awesome.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

More likely it's tied to Fernando an El Nano is saying positive things behind closed doors than he was six months ago.

I still expect him to turn up in the Honda GT500 car.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

On purpose, à la Schumacher at Adelaide '94?

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Whilst it'd be fun to see, can you imagine the PR backlash if Rosberg won his title as a result of him 'accidentally' wiping out Hamilton...

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Isn't the punishment for that pretty hefty never mind the risk of it backfiring?

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You mean like when Schumacher tried the same thing against Villeneuve and ended beaching his own car in the gravel trap? :D

10. fix-the-spade

Then being thrown of the championship, the gravel trap was the least of his worries after that little incident.

11. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

yep and yep :hehe: They rules for going round corners is fairly excessive these days the drivers practically have restraining orders in place. Speaking of excessive, it'll be interesting to see the policing of blue flags and track limits this race especially after Mexico's first corner

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Be glad when this season is over. Hoping for a more competitive one next year. I think Nico has the title nailed on. Lewis wins would be better for Merc, Lewis brings them in more money after all.

Lewis does some daft things but he is the sports most Marketable driver. If Merc decide to remove both next year, Lewis will be in a Ferrari or Red Bull straight away. Its too much money to pass up for any team.

Nico I feel is Merc for life, Not sure he would find a team easily. Williams with a big pay cut?

Do not think Vettel is long for this grid either.

13. fix-the-spade

Barring fistfights in the pits I don't see Lewis or Nico leaving Merc in the next few seasons, unless one or the other retires or Merc build a dog of a car. I can't see Merc building a car any worse than third fastest on the grid.

Vettel I can see in a Renault or a McHonda if either team gets it's act together, Ferrari probably won't be great at aero.

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

To be fair, Hamilton has easy solution in 3 simple steps :
    1) win the qualification
    2) be at 1st place after the first few corners
    3) drive in deliberately slow speed, so that Rosberg can't overtake him, but it can put Red Bulls and Ferraris within shooting distance of Rosberg.

Thus, if all goes well, he will win the race, then with some luck he will get two to four cars between himself and Rosberg.

15. fix-the-spade

Against Rosberg in 2014 maybe, the way Nico has driven this year if Lewis tries that he'll get a penalty or Rosberg will simply pass him and clear off. If Nico gets in front they've been so close this year that Lewis won't be able to get past.

16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Hamilton after the race: "I have no idea where the spanner in Nico's gearbox came from":D

Seriously though, best chance for Hamilton is probably if some of the cars at the back pile into each other at turn 1, Nico runs over the debris and has to limp back to the pits with a puncture allowing the Red Bulls to pass him.

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I still don't think Nico can take Hamilton wheel-to-wheel.

I think backing Nico into the RBRs and Ferraris is the most likely thing to work.
    It's more likely than trying to force him into a mistake.

I don't think it WILL work, i just think it's something that MAY work. forcing Nico to go defensive, rather than hunt.

Also, more wheel-to-wheel means that there's a risk of a collision. So long as Lewis is clear of that, it's all good.

Realistically, though - Nico may not win the race, but the WDC can only be taken by lady luck.

18. fix-the-spade

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Hockenheim wasn't dropped. Hockenheim decided it is not worth for them to jump in instead of Nurburgring. Hockenheim will be back in 2018, and that is the final year for current agreement where odd years were supposed to be raced at Nurburgring, even years at Hockenheim.

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

you gotta feel for button....