1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Have you seen migrationwiz? Worked a treat when I moved about 10 users from random stuff onto O365.

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I've damaged a muscle in my back by cracking the last remaining chuck norris-like almond.

Damaged by a nut. I'm getting old. :(

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

First a sore throat, then irritated gums, then suddenly yesterday evening a constant sharp pain in my left ear (I suspect inflammation of my ear canal) which has gotten a bit better today but my hearing's weird (everything sounds slightly off-tune now, which is actually pretty funny when listening to music).
    The earliest possible doctor's appointment is next wednesday and I have an exam thursday for which I was already behind schedule.

Why is it always everything at once? :sigh:

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Our car broke down earlier. Only paid it off last month and it could be more expensive to fix than what it's worth.

5. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Stupid people....making statements when they have NO idea what they are talking about!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

A good friend tried to commit suicide again... Jury's still out as to whether the succeeded or not...

7. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Heard a car alarm today at work and went to investigate.. some so n so has reversed into my car and the bumper now needs replacing and painting up. No cctv and no note. A**ehole!! Not exactly ruined my life by any stretch but it has royally pee'd me off that's for sure! Not impressed!

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

A couple of months ago when he was in hospital, my dad had a visit from his oldest friend, Martin. Just as he was about to leave he said "Right, I'm going to give you a big kiss now, Taffykins!" (he was always known as Taff, or Taffy, when he was in the RAF). Of course it was a wind up: they joined the RAF at the same time and were life-long best friends, they'd spent the best part of 30 years winding each other up and taking the p--s. As he leaned in gave my dad a hug and a kiss, my dad said "F--- off, don't you dare".

Martin came to visit on Friday to say goodbye; by this point my dad had barely been lucid for a couple of days, was in a lot of pain, and really struggled to communicate or even move his arms. We knew he didn't have long left. Just before he was going to leave Martin said the same thing: "Right, I'm going to give you a big kiss now, Taffykins!". So he did: he gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. My dad turned to look him in the eye and said "F--- off."

My dad died the next evening. Even when he was quite literally on his death bed the sarcastic b----rd was still winding people up.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2017
    Pliqu3011 likes this.
  9. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Is that not the best way to exit or what!!!!? Sorry for your loss, but what a cool story!!

10. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Has the jury come back yet?

11. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Sign of a man ending life happy :thumb:
    Can only hope I'm the same when that time comes!

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Jury is still out...

13. techniana

techniana What's a Dremel?

I had a really bad toothache. Not such a good start into the year, but things should get better soon, hopefully :)

14. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I have a very...sensitive problem. Perhaps someone else can give me some advice if you have anything helpful?

Basically, my Wife works and I deal with the kids, simple. My middle child has a best friend, they're completely inseperable at the moment. So I've been speaking to her mother more than usual, because they have a lot of sleepovers, they go around each other's houses and things like that; I need a lot of detail because my daughter has ASD.

Now, my wife also knows and speaks to the mother. And she's getting paranoid because I speak to her, mostly because of the mother's record with men - she flirts a lot and such basically, dishes it out pretty easily. I only really speak to her when it pertains to our children, it's not like we have a friendship or anything. Now, when she brought this up the other day, I got way more defensive than I should've, mostly because she assumed that I would be interested in her - yeah she's pretty attractive but hardly my type. My Wife is not happy with any answer I give. I know that she feels guilty because we're not particularly physical nowadays, we're only in our late twenties after all. Yes she works, but she actively avoids being physical, hence the sore spot. I have no idea how to approach this in a way that she will be happy with. I can't cut the connection with the mother because it's our daughter's best friend and she'd be crushed.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

You don't need to cut the connection with the other mother, you just need to show your wife that your attention is 100% always on her.

Drop the kids off somewhere or get a baby sitter and perhaps take the wife out for something to eat? Cinema? Just something where you both get some alone time.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

You might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb ;)

17. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Sounds like they both need a bit of DW flava.

18. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I have a Mercedes in my garage stuck in park meaning the wheels are locked, the garage is located up a very tight ally so trucks that could possibly lift the car and take it to the dealership to get a new key, can’t get near it… even if they did the garage has a roof so the lifting tools probably wouldn’t work due to the height.

Anyone have Supermans number?

19. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

These?

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What about these castor things i have seen car mechanics use with them on they only need to lift the car a few cm's.
    Something like these things. http://www.sgs-engineering.com/ws40...M5VaaKqwCr2Vb-kPpzLQhp4rGy7wB4T850hoCM3Lw_wcB