1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Sorry, long weekend over here

a: 6
    b: 4

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I try very hard not to post in this thread. Ever.

Today sucked balls though.

First up, and made me very sad, little Jazzy had to be put to sleep.

14 years ago one of my ex's bengals got in with one of the savannahs and Jasmine was born. A happy accident, but not something fellow breeders would have been happy about (it's very catty is that stuff, pardon the pun). So my ex (who wasn't even my girlfriend at the time) gave me Jasmine to rehome.

We didn't think she would live 14 weeks, let alone 14 years. Firstly she was beyond tiny (its hard enough to breed bengals or savannahs, let alone cross) and her rib cage was so small she panted a bit after going full loon. Then she grew into such a beautiful girl, and so much fun :(

[​IMG]

You can see it there. She was all lower half.

[​IMG]

But a real bundle of fun. When the lady who took her plopped her on the floor in front of her 6 other cats she duffed every single one of them in the face lol. She may have been tiny but she didn't take any ****.

Sadly today mum told me that both Jasmine AND Simi (a white fluff ball) had to be put to sleep. On the same day ffs. Simi had uncontrollable bowel movements for a few weeks so was taken to the vet. The vet told her that he was inoperable. So she scheduled the vet to come around the house and put him to sleep. However, in the week that followed Jasmine was eating uncontrollably but extremely skinny. So the vet had a look at her and realised she had an enormous tumour in her stomach. So the agonising decision to put them both to sleep was made :(

RIP little Jazzy and Sim Sims.

Then about ten minutes after that call mum phones back to tell me my aunt Pam had fallen in her garden and shattered her leg. FFS. She now needs a knee replacement ASAP. If it doesn't rain it friggin pours.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Vault-Tec So sorry to hear mate, it hits pretty hard since our 18 year old had to be put to sleep 8 weeks ago tomorrow.

Yeah, it's just a massive bag of donkey balls :sad:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Vault-Tec likes this.
  5. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Few slates and a ridge cap came off the roof during recent windy weather. Had roofer out today for a quote hoping it would be a simple job of replacing, but nope. Needs a whole new roof, and the guttering to the front of the house is also shat it.

Fun. :wallbash:

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

My balance has never been what you'd describe as great. Tripped on my own feet last night and seem to have broken something in my right shoulder so going to the ouch house in a bit

Thankfully my pain threshold is incredibly high so that helps

Edit: yup broken clavicle

Last edited: 2 May 2024
  7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Ouchies. Heal up fast.

8. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Jeez. Hope you're all coping ok.

adidan likes this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Bugger. Sorry to learn of your loss, @Vault-Tec

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm good dude. Bit sad. Was a hat trick really. My aunt has had her op now, they have wired up her leg etc. I think the worst thing though was seeing how bad my mate Darren actually is. (See other thread about Car SOS).

12. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That really is tragic about Darren, upsetting to see.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Last day of 2 week holiday.

14. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Went out on a bike ride with the youngest. Turd slicer feels like I’ve taken 8”, girth.

LennyRhys likes this.
  15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Been trying to switch suppliers for over a month now, phone calls every other day with no success, complaints, citizens advice, spoke to the information commissioner, now we have to wait another 4 weeks to speak to the energy ombudsman.

Been told we have no debts, we paid off what was on the metre, its fine to switch call Octopus 8 damn times and still declined, British gas can't see any debts or reason why it would be rejected yet their the ones rejecting it??

what a complete pita

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Absolutely exhausted lately. Just feels like there’s always something to do, or somewhere to go, and days off don’t feel “relaxing” or “restful”.

Doesn’t help that I’ve been sleeping like utter crap for over a week. My other half has PCOS, so her periods are infrequent and can be extremely heavy. She’s been waking up at least once or twice a night for well over a week, which invariably wakes me up as well. This morning it was about 0540, which was about 20 minutes before my alarm was due to go off… meaning that snoozing my alarm was inevitable.

I’m away all weekend at Skynet Wales, so that should at least get me out of the house. Although bollocks to staying at the venue - I’m too old for that sort of nonsense, I’ve booked a local B&B.

mi1ez likes this.
  17. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Lodge a complaint on Resolver website. Forces their hand. I had issues with Eon, took several months but I could eventually escalate to the ombudsman.

They sorted my issue out within a week and paid me a small sum for my time and effort.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The curse is back.

[​IMG]

Context: when I previously worked at this company I’d get punctures at least every other month. It took 6 months, but the curse is finally back.

I’m getting new rubber fitted in two weeks when I have the service & MOT done. The back tyre is squared off pretty badly and the tread is pretty low. The bolt is far enough away from the wall that I could plug it, but the more I look at the photo the dodgier the tread looks.

I was planning to use the bike to get to the LAN this weekend, but I need to get the calipers out and measure the tread first.

19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Grrr, that is axpsin Byron. I've been through 2 newish tyres this year and could do without it.
    Good luck with the LAN

Byron C likes this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not cheap for bike tyres either. It’ll be a little under £300 to supply & fit a pair of black circles from my usual garage/dealer. I probably need new brake pads by now as well, better check those when I check the tyre tread… This service & MOT is gonna cost me the best part of £600, easily.