1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Wake me up when Forza Horizon 3 hits steam. ;)

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Although I did not finish it I have given up on what I consider one of the worst games I have ever played. The game Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. On the plus side it looked good. On the minus side the game seem to consist of a little bit of extremely poor gameplay between overly long FMV sequences. I decide enough was enough when I had to kill 3 aces whilst piloting a flying brick called a Jackal.
    I have no idea why i bought this game as the CoD franchise has been going downhill for some years.
    I talk only of the single player I don't do multiplayer so that might be a different story but for me this was/is rubbish.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Space Hulk: Deathwing

I'm not sure how I feel about this game. The problem is, I actually think it's a bit too accurate - it's a bit depressing to play and a bit of a slog - which is actually how I felt when playing other Space Hulk games. Quite frankly, it feels like a good mod for some UE4 FPS. I think diehard 40K fans will appreciate it - the architecture of the ships is quite beautiful yet grimdark at the same time.

At the end of the day, I finished it off, so it must've held my interest for that to happen! I played it for about 17 hours overall, though the first 4 hours were spent trying to complete it on the hardest difficulty - I only got halfway through Chapter 2 before having to switch it down to the next difficulty. Trick is to upgrade your squad to be able to carry thunder hammers, then laugh as they run around knocking the snot out of anything that comes your way. As for me, I stuck with the default assault cannon to 'encourage' things to stay at a distance.

So, I'd say wait for it to be at least 50% off and even then only buy it if you know your 40K lore.

Oh, and it may have the record for world's shortest video game ending.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Titanfall 2

Utter bollocks. a constant reminder that you can not build a proper FPS catering to the limitations of a joypad, its visuals harks back to the epic megagames "we dont know what we're designing so lets slap **** everywhere" school of visual design made famous by gears of war and its campaign is nothing more than a series of set pieces cobbled together by a plot that made quake's look like it was written by William Gibson.

5. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Just completed Witcher 2 last night and was a truly great game. Incredible story that makes you just feel just a part of a larger, more complex world of politics and power struggles. I am also overjoyed that they gave the game an excellent ending and had the bravery to have it as
    Geralt and Letho just stood there talking about all the hows and whys of the plot. I let him live and walk off due to the fact he had spilled all, the story didn't need that end battle in my eyes. Like I say very brave ending that works perfectly.

From only reading reviews at this point, was surprised to see that people felt Chapter 3 was rushed as thought the pacing was excellent throughout. Needless to say I'm very excited about starting Witcher 3 today!

6. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Past couple of months i commited to playing ME3 by finishing my 2013 ME save and continuing into ME2 and ME3.

Mass Effect 1 - Replay
    Still my favourite of the series. The story is 10/10, i love the armor, level design and the feel of the game in general. I loved exploring all the planets in the Mako.
    Only negative things really were the elevators!
    Romanced Ashley...

Mass Effect 2 - Replay
    The characters and set-pieces are fantastic but the main story line is fairly basic and the majority of the game feels like side story and filler for game 3.
    Romanced Miranda...

Mass Effect 3 - First Play
    Initially detested the feel of the game in the intro/demo level. Got used to it though and once it gets going it is a very good game. Again fantastic set-pieces and characters, story a bit better than game 2 and also some of the background stuff is fantastic
    (level inside the mainframe, geth history and the revolt against the creators in particular)
    Hated
    dream sequences with the kid
    Surprisingly didn't hate the ending but it was the patched version that adds additional detail? Dont have a comparison personally as first play.
    Romanced Liara by accident...

TL;DR - A fantastic trilogy of games

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Sadly this is as far as I've got with the trilogy. As a first-time playthrough I'm not entirely sure where to go and when to efficiently progress through the campaign, and the thought of having to go backwards and forwards (that should probably be 'up' and 'down') in those bleedin' elevators has beaten me. I want to play through the trilogy, but not sure if I can face it.

8. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Yes it is a bit of a mess to get used to initially but its worth it and generally they change each game to make them more playable.

As a first playthrough i wouldn't focus on much side quest content and just try to get the story missions done. Also i think there is a mod for the elevators to speed things and plenty of walkthroughs should you get lost. I'm not ashamed to admit I turn to walkthroughs on occasion when I find that being lost in a game takes away from the fun!

9. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Played Portal again today.
    What a brilliant game. Pretty remarkable how easy it actually is once you've gotten the hang of "thinking with portals", in my memory the game was more difficult. On subsequent playthroughs you really start to notice how subtle and clever Valve's game design is.
    It was also fun that I still remembered all the lyrics of the credit song.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I still go back to Portal 2 and play user made maps, I think I have something around 2000 hours on the game which is frightening.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Mad Max: One of the few games over the last couple of years that I really enjoyed bar the bit where you need to take out a baddie whilst driving a brick round a windy circuit. Combat was also iffy, why could he not use a knife al the time.? Why was the shotgun so lame?
    unfortunately bugs in the game mean I cannot get a 100% on some collectibles as they are not registering even though I have collected them. Overall great fun.

12. Porkins' Wingman

Half-Life 2

Turns out it's a good game.

The last chapter or so is pretty epic. I did find the campaign a bit long for my liking, but the gameplay is great so it's not too much of a beef. Later into the game you get given a few people who act like a squad, but all they really seem to do is get in your way and see how quickly they can get themselves killed.

Other than that though it's a very intelligent game for its age, and a great sci-fi adventure. I liked that you, while ammo isn't always plentiful, you're never out of ammo for a particular weapon for long, and the game is testing at times but never too hard.

The biggest trouble I probably had was just figuring out which way to go at times, cos although it's a linear campaign, there's not much hand-holding, no map or radar etc. so you've just got to explore and hope for the best.

Grav gun is good fun.

Can see why this game is so well regarded. Holds up today, no problem. Play it if you haven't yet and you like FPS stories.

13. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

^You are finally now a fully payed up member of the PC gaming Master Race. Go forth and troll peasant forums.

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Better late than never.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Now go play Episodes 1 and 2!

Episode 2 is excellent.

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Mass Effect is not a series you efficiently progress through, it's a series of worlds you explore at length.

My play through of all three came well over 180 hours in total, the first was my favourite, to Hell with reloading I've got a tank!

17. Porkins' Wingman

What sort of time investment am I looking at with those? If they're a long as HL2 then I think they're gonna have to go in the 'maybe one day' section of my backlog.

18. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

My Steam library has Ep2 at 8.3 hrs but I'm not a person that rushes games. I assume ep1 is a similar time but that was played on another account I can't be bothered to log into.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Combined (heh) I'd say they come to about three quarters the length of HL2. Ep 2 is longer than Ep1 but even then it's under six hours.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Resident Evil 7
    I have enjoyed the game overall there are flaws.
    The non supporting of various aspect ratios being the most obvious.
    Graphically it really is not 2017 standards when you compare with the likes of Battlefield 1.
    Some of the weapons are pointless I am looking at you grenade launcher and burner once you have finished with the insects. Though I was please to learn that the knife was useful against the Molded.
    Quite easy to get lost or rather be unsure how to get to where you need to go.
    But as I said overall this has been an enjoyable game and one that has both kept me from finishing Battlefield 1 and secondly will play again choosing to save the other girl and see where it takes me.
    If you like the Resident Evil type of game and you can get this for around 20 quid or so then I heartily recommend it.

Edit: Just finished a second playthrough and annoyed that I missed some collectables though it is a bit unfair as although you return to where it all began and where I missed two files the room they were in is locked for some inexplicable reason. Movement is still rubbish particularly in a fight and reloading is a chore also.
    I have unlocked a couple of things. Running shoes which make you walk faster, A gun with only a few bullets and there are none in the game, the Secrets of Defence scoll which helps during blocking moves and the Essence of Defence another scroll which works in conjunction with the other. The thing is these all these bonuses need to be carried which means 4 slots you cannot use for essentials like ammo or health so not much help.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2017