1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 27 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Great little chip - yeah it's no benchmark ripper, but for 90% of people (and 90% of those peoples uses) it's spot on.

I fully expect Intel to follow suite with 3-series chipset and Coffelake CPU's though, they just don't have a choice at this point. It won't help AMD's recovery, but it will give people plenty of options!

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

So, are these failed 8 & 6 core chips, but perfectly good 4c8t Ryzens that have just had SMT disabled?

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a sneaky way to get SMT re-enabled on these, over to you Mobo makers...:naughty:

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Are you sure they're unlocked? AMDs website specifically says the 1300X is not unlocked, same goes for the 1200.

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

All AMD Ryzen SKUs are unlocked on the mu. That's what was touted when Lisa Su first showed them off.

These are just some of the failed silicon, yes. From that 19% of AMDs production that don't manage to be full 8 core chips. :)

6. M2r1o

M2r1o What's a Dremel?

These don't have integrated graphics, right?

7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Considering they overclocked them via multiplier in the review, I'd say it's a pretty good bet they be unlocked chips!

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I was expecting the Ryzen CPU to have a lower power consumption, and it's shame AMD have yet to release their Ryzen APUs as for an office/parent/work PC the lack of an iGPU is a shame, even if you can buy a dGPU for ~£20-30.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No. They are not APUs :)

Those are coming soon, but not Ryzen ones. They are based on Excavator.

Can't wait for the 1200 review. It kicks ass ;)

10. rollo

rollo Modder

It kicks arse when overclocked, which no one in this price bracket will do.

First APUs will not be based on ryzen, anandtech estimated we are 6-8 months from a Ryzen APU.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just looked up the i3-7350K on Scan - the price has been dropped to £100

12. Vault-Tec

That's nice of them. I'm sure every one that Intel kicked in the balls recently by upping the price of the Pentium will be happy....

13. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

And that is what actual competition looks like people.

14. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

They're the only retailer to do so thus far so no great biggy, when they all follow the trend then you can wheel out the Evangelistic Intel Choir :p:

EDIT - tbf I think it's Scan deciding now might be a prudent time to dump their stock whilst it's still worth something.

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Jul 2017
  15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Intel Bad. AMD Good. Intel Bad. AMD Good.

16. Vault-Tec

It's definitely that bit from Trading Places though.

Billy Ray Valentine: Okay, pork belly prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the pork belly contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

Only replace pork belly with I3.

SuperHans123 likes this.
  17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Unless you want a machine that can do some decent gaming on a budget as well as browsing/media/work, in which case the converse is true.

APUs have/are going to have their place but I think the budget Ryzen is ideal for where you want maximum gaming performance using a discrete GPU where the CPU uses up a minimum of the budget but without hampering gaming or general performance too much.

Guest-56605 likes this.
  18. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

+1 Spot on :thumb:

Intel have been living in a bubble of their own creation for far to long methinks - it's now gone boom rather than pop.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

Decent gaming on a budget is usaully a APU. that you can then upgrade with a direct gpu when you get some cash.

Board memory CPU even for this budget chip is £350 ( 16gb ram is £127 mobo £87 chip is £125) 16gb is the lowest I would truly recommend these days. Most games require 8gb released this year and this will only rise.

Complete rig without monitor or windows is around £700 (none SSD) - £800 (ssd + Hd( All prices from scan) at the moment using the 1060 gpu. Not sure I would consider this a budget idea. Monitor + windows and you would probably hit £1k for your budget build. For a system that will do 1080p gaming for 2-3 years.

APU can be done around the £400 mark yes it will not do 2-3 years at 1080p but its more what most would say is budget.

Getting hold of a 580 or 1060 will be very difficult for below £260.

With high memory prices and higher still monitor prices, today is a bad day to be a buyer for a entire new pc.

20. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

High memory prices are a bugbear just now for sure, the continual fluctuation in the value of the Pound with the pre Brexit uncertainty is not helping things either.

Tags: Add Tags