Multi Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Slizza, 12 Apr 2017.

1. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Just to clarify, he didn't actually have or offer to give me hacks. We played a few games and on one of the games when he landed none of the walls had rendered in for him, at one point all I could see was his name running under the ground in the police station.

Love the game, but sometimes it is broken.

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

The devs patch the game quite frequently with bug fixes and game balancing, they've been highly active so compared to other early access team they seem really switched on and genuinely looking to make a great game so I don't mind experiencing the occasional game breaking bug. I do have a mini bout of rage when I experience one of those bugs, but I've normally forgotten about it a few minutes into the next round.

I'm overly not bothered if they want to add micro transactions in the form of collectable outfits, as long as people don't later start dropping with paid for armour or guns...
    I doubt it took much out of the development time as they were already working on all of the clothing assets, so putting them behind a paywall like that is the smallest bit of work.

As for the problems with cheating, I can't think of a single online game that doesn't have cheaters... not that I've come across anyone that I could 100% day they had cheats.
    It doesn't matter how good your anti-cheat system is, people will find a way around it.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You didn't mention microtransactions before - I assume you are talking about the ones where the money raised goes to the prize pool for the event, and to charity...........

And blatant cheaters you say? Weird how you've seen all these 'blatant' cheaters whereas my friends and I have over 40 hours in the game, and haven't come across a single obvious cheater?

Even if that was the case - expecting early access titles to have a bullet proof anti cheat system in place is...... silly.

And then you go on to talk about performance issues......expecting early access titles to have perfect performance and then comparing an early access game to a AAA title, built by a team of devs deeply familiar with an in house engine, launched over a year ago after several previous titles, and several years of development...... I mean.... dude.

I'm going to say it again to you: Don't buy early access titles if you can't handle any of the above without saying the developers need to "pull their fingers out" and "jump off a cliff".

4. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Guys still play this? I just bought it a couple of days ago, only played about 2hours - struggling with the
    whole having no space to hold stuff and never finding a good gun (always just a pistol or uzi lol) or medkits.

Any tips on the settings to make it easier to 'see' people?
    They kind of blend in to everything to me at the moment. I was told put all graphical settings on low, view
    distance highest, AA on high and that is about it.

Where do you gather?

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well it's been a couple of day's since I uninstalled it and reinstalled and messed around with a few settings in game etc, so far other than the occasional bit of lag, frame drops etc and people blatently cheating which I referred to in one of my previous post's the game has been performing pretty well.

6. Parge

Pick up a backpack straight away (remember the level 1 backpack is the smallest, but also has the lowest profile if you plan on hiding in grass etc).

Finding a good gun is usually pretty easy though - I almost never end up without a proper rifle and shotgun. When you drop, aim for on small groups of houses as far away from the flight path as possible - that way you can loot without being murdered straight away - best idea when starting out.

Half of the point of the game is that its difficult to see people - means you have to be looking out at all times, using your scope etc. Its not a run and gun shooter. I have seen mods that change the colours slightly, but I don't use them and I don't think the pro's do either.

7. suenstar

This is going to be quite a long reply...

I'm still playing quite a bit, I do first person mode on the solo games and third person on the squads for a bit of variety.
    I play with almost everything on max settings on a 1980x1200 resolution (just shadows turned down and the game brightness at about 40%).

Looting:
    Loot is slightly random, you do often get better loot in areas nearer the named towns but sometimes you can get lucky and drop in a smaller set of houses and hit the jackpot.
    This interactive map can give you a good idea of popular locations to drop: https://pubgmap.io/erangel.html#2/-114.5/127.0
    My favourite places for loot on that map (depending on the plane's flight path) are:
    • Prison
    • Zharki
    • Hospital
    • The small cluster of 6 buildings North of Quarry (by the road)
    • North Georgopol
    When you drop from the plane, you can usually parachute two of the large map squares with ease if you pull the cord shortly after dropping.

When selecting loot:
    • Don't carry too much of items you don't need, so spare attachments can get dropped as can ammo for guns you don't have or don't plan on picking up.
    • With ammo for rifles and SMGs, you shouldn't need much more than 150 rounds (also worth noting that the 7.62 ammo is much heavier than 9mm).
    • Don't pick up too many grenades, they weigh a lot! (I'd say two frags and one smoke is enough for early game)
    • The armour vests also increase your carrying capacity.
    • You don't need to pick up more than 10 bandages, those also weigh quite a bit.
    • The VSS is absolute garbage, never pick it up.
    In solo games I loot with the plan of picking up what I may use to kill 4-5 people, then I'll resupply on one of those downed enemies.

My usual target loot is:
    • Level 2 helmet, vest and backpack (if I can get Level 3 then super but level 2 is good enough) - with a level 2 helmet and vest, the only guns that can reliably one shot kill you are the AWM and M24 from the airdrops. The Kar sniper rifle will take two shots.
    • SCAR/M416 Rifle with 140 x 5.56 ammo & red dot
    • SKS with 60-80x 7.62 ammo & 4x scope or UMP with 180x 9mm ammo & red dot
    • 2x first aid kit
    • 5x bandage
    • 2x grenade
    • 1x smoke
    Spotting targets:
    Spotting people can sometimes be tricky, you'll quickly become a player of everyone's favourite game "is it a bush or is it a boy?" within a few games.
    Really it depends on where you are on the map for spotting people, if you're in a place with lots of buildings then focus more on listening for sounds rather than relying on visual signs of other players. (If you use onboard sound with a Realtek driver, you should have an option called "Loudness Equalization"... if you turn that on it'll amplify the sound of footsteps quite dramatically, though be warned that the aeroplane at the start of the game will be near deafening with that setting on). Other signs of players in urban areas is shot out windows, open doors and vehicles close to the buildings.

In the more rural areas of the map, you do have to rely heavily on seeing other players so you'll be looking for anything that moves. There isn't really a special trick to spotting people out in the open field, all you can do is practice.
    Generally the best thing to do when you're in the wilderness is to try position yourself so nobody is likely to be coming at you from one side, then you can focus spotting people in a narrower area. Again, paying attention to sounds will really help you to work out where people are as you can roughly discern the direction of a gun sound.

Good places to get kills:
    If you're at a distance looking at a field, you'll notice that the crops don't render beyond the 200-250m distance so those make good killzones. The fields near Gatka and Pochinki being two of the common places as the circle often moves across one or the other - both have hills near by to camp up and watch from.
    The other major killzones on the map at the two bridges that connect the military base to the mainland, a lot of people like to setup a firing position near the wrecks on those bridges as you can rack up a lot of kills from people driving across... and get lots of loot brought to you in the process.

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Parge

Shall we have a bit tech PUBG session? This sunday?

Arboreal likes this.
  9. suenstar

I'd be up for that, haven't had much gaming with the Bit-Tech crowd for a quite a while so it'd be nice to get back into that.

10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

@suenstar Many thanks for your extended post; that's a really useful load of info for an idiot like me. I like the map, as it helps get an idea of what's where.

I've been dropping in fast (not travelling far horizontally) to a 2/3 house quiet area in the hope of getting some kit and not getting shot straight away... Fat chance

Sounds good, excellent call @Parge :)
    I'll be the one who's dead in no time! My name in CoD 2 was "god I'm crap", and it would be a good name for me in PUBG

11. suenstar

My only major failing point in this game is aiming but when would you ever need to be good at that? :hehe:

12. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Add me on steam Large, modd1uk. S'all about the m16 with 8 times and a suppressor, WIN.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I don't know honestly whether the dev's have fixed issue's without putting the info in the patches, or if my game was seriously messed up before uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but the game is running pretty good so good in fact that I just got my first solo chicken dinner.

14. suenstar

I recall that a lot of people's game was borked not too long ago by one of the big patches and the devs did a couple of recent smaller patches, so that may have been what was causing your game client to have issues and why it is now working. A bunch of the guys on Reddit were commenting about their game having issues after a major patch (I think it was the patch that improved on some of the foliage graphics and implemented the re-connect feature).

Here's the very vague patch notes from yesterdays micro patch that mentioned repairing client crashes:
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2781390484561132315

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sunday sounds like a good plan if I can make it. What time we looking at and what do we use to communicate. Been a long long time since I teamed up with anybody, in any game, period. Far too long infact

I find the loot in this game hit and miss. I have ran through many a building and found plenty of first aid kits but no weapons. Other times I find the weapons and no med kits, luck of the draw I guess

16. pete*

Thanks for the info, and suenstar, you're a star... mad set of info there. :)
    I've been unlucky enough to never drop near anything more than a pistol. And just about find an uzi before ending up in long range firefights with m4 and aks! Very annoying.
    But thanks for the tips! :)

I'll add you if you don't mind?
    Will be a "You're gonna go far, kid" that is me adding you. Yes I'm that unoriginal.
    And does bittech have a TS or discord still?

17. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

an

If not, fire me a message and I will create one

18. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I've got a TS server Bit-techers can use if they like :)

19. pete*

85.236.100.32:12357 This one is in my TS list as Bit Tech.

Don't know who owns or runs it?

20. suenstar

I'll be online from around 19:30/20:00 until about 23:00.
    Happy to use either TS or Discord, whichever other people prefer.

Arboreal likes this.