1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

****ing kids today being ignorant mouthy retards, I now know why the americans shoot up their schools.

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, that's not really funny is it?

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Troubleshooting windows...

Q: Is it Drivers?

Yes - It's drivers...
    No - Check again, it's probably drivers..

MLyons likes this.
  4. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I slipped on ice and hurt my knee real bad. Ironically, I was walking through a parking spot for disabled : /

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Oh god that takes me back to the vista driver store.

I see you need drivers, I have drivers
    No not those ones
    Found em, installing

/Facepalm

MLyons likes this.
  6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At my families for xmas which I do every year. The only issue is that this is the first year I've drove me, my mum and the kid we are looking after up here... in my Toyota corolla hatchback. This has meant I've had to leave my PC at home due to not having enough room because of her junk stuff :miffed::duh::waah::wallbash:

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

bout time the kids learnt how to public transport yes?

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth gaming laptop.

Or stick the kid in the roof box, it's small it'll be fine.

9. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Just keep in mind that in divorce the worst comes out in people and they actively want to hurt the ex husband/wife in whatever sense they can - financially, emotionally, physically and mentally. Rise up against it, be pleasant, be courteous, be calm and it'll drive her wild. It's petty from some angles but you need to be the better, more reasonable adult in spite of her - really rub it in that you don't need her and could have lived your life fine if she never apeared in it. I've been in one of those controlling relationships and only saw sense at the 59th second of the 59th minute of the last hour and then i got the fudge outta dodge, i'm still undoing some of the damage almost a decade later as it goes so deep but in time you'll heal - you'll be wiser and stronger for it and far less likely to be taken for a ride again.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

About a moth ago we, the residents were informed that essential work was needed on the electrical supply to our part of the road, this would cause disruption. On the date stipulated for the work to begin a load of blokes appeared, coned off the road installed temporarily traffic lights and preceeded to dig up the roads and pavements. Within a couple of days the road was reinstated the pavement on the opposite side of the road replaced our side of the road or rather the pavement with it's two holes barriered off.

Where it remained untouched for the past 3 weeks though in fairness a guy did check the barriers were in place now and again.
    Yesterday a quad of blokes appeared and promptly reduced up the opposite pavement.
    This is not an isolated practice. When they were digging up the roads in Leith Walk to move services out of the way in preparation for the tram infrastructure to be installed the same bits of the roads where dug up on more than one occasion with the resulting disruption. There was never any explanation as to why this was necessary. Turned out to have been a waste of time anyway as the farce that the tram building became ended up only cover half the original distance for around 4 times estates the cost.

Is it poor poor planning, poor organisation or what that roads seem to be dug up more than would seem necessary?

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah I have been doing that. The last time I saw her was enough for me. She asked me "Why have you made your Facebook account private?" making it clear she was stalking me. Then one night before bed she sends me a text message saying "Night Pandy something" can't even remember the name now but it turned out to be a Youtube account I set up in 2007 and was uploading videos of gaming to. I had forgotten it even exists but she'd found it alright.

I never wanted to marry her. After the first time that was enough for me. Unfortunately she is the sort of person that if you tell her no she just becomes more and more determined. I mean I gotta be honest, I never even really fancied her. She was a very pretty lady don't get me wrong, but short blonde hair? I'm totally into brunettes and always have been.

It won't happen again because I won't let it tbh. I need to be alone due to my illness. The older I get the more short tempered I become, so yeah I can do with my own company. I mean, I was fine before I met her wasn't lonely or anything like that. I think she needed me a lot more than I needed her.

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At 6... hmmm social services may have something to say
    Swap the spare wheel for the kid... may have to try that on the way back

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Another oil leak from the car, by the look of things, and it's still letting water into the boot even after the garage replaced the seals in the rear light housing. Oh, and last week it had a puncture. Again.

I hate cars.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sounds like your car might be a bit of a lemon :( What make is it and how old?

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Vauxhall Meriva A 1.3l diesel, 2006. ~£1,500 it cost me, and I shudder to think how much we've spent on it since on punctures, a leaky oil pan, when the coolant hose split and we had to be towed home, the leak in the boot that still ain't fixed, the rear callipers that needed replacing, something enginey I've forgotten, and so on and so forth.

Piggin' thing.

16. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Writing a native audio plugin for Unity.

Having no (adequate) documentation I can handle.
    Having to quit and restart the Unity Editor every single time I need to recompile my plugin... I can tolerate.
    But when dark magic starts to get involved, I'm done. For some reason Unity's own SDK code in their own sample project does not work properly when compiled with Visual Studio 2017. Not a single error or warning, but you can clearly hear the auralization just does not work.
    These kinds of errors keep me up at night, so at 5 AM I was still (furiously) installing older versions of VS [which in turn created problems because Unity's editor only wants 64-bit DLLs, which the free VS2010 can't build etc. etc.] and trying to figure out what exactly was going wrong.
    In the end I only managed to get it to work with a year-old version of the SDK and had to reinstall VS2017.

17. MLyons

Sounds like a standard day as a developer but as I've been told by my manager apparently I can't blame bit-tech errors or "wizardry".

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's only "wizardry" if you can solve it with brass buttons and fairydust.

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's not wizardry... it's magnets... which is science...

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

But what about the cheesecake?