1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Ghetto Mod #43023 - 2x 500W PSUs = 1x 1000W PSU!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Guest-16, 21 Jan 2018.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

When you spent all your $ a 1080 Ti, then forget your 500W PSU can't hack it, then realise you can make it 1000W with outside-of-case-plus-rando-wire coolness

[​IMG]

Guest-23315, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I have conflicting emotions...

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dust ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's not even the worst of it. The FD R4 can't support a 2x140mm AIO without me having to mount the fans on the outside of the case, so I have to leave the side off to wire the cables inside. But then I want a TT P3 to replace it all and that's completely open...

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Why not make a hole for the fan cables? You could probably squeeze the 2nd psu in the front and run the power cable through a hole in the floor.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

What? and cut through the tile? :lol:
    I love it. but I must know what you spliced the start/control cable to. Is it attached to the other psu's cable?
    Dust: That close to mainland China, it's doing to get crap anyway.

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Spliced green to green so when you turn the PC on it triggers the other PSU too.

We have air purifiers, so it's mainly what it vac's up from my socks. PM2.5 only ****s up your lungs.

This apartment has 4 rooms and nowhere to do any cutting sadly

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You got a bath? Good for keeping the bits contained and then you can rinse them down the drain after. When I lived in a flat I did a couple of minor mods to my arc in the hall next to the front door. Gad laminate down so easily swept up after.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes! But the kids use it and they have sensitive skin so we have to keep things like the bath particularly clean. Also it's more noise and space. We live inner city in a shoebox among stacked shoeboxes. One day we'll get a proper house with garage and I can do things properly. One day ill have my wall mounted PC...

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Needs moar ghetto.