1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I had no jigsaws now I have two bosch units haha. I lost the screwdriver that removes the blades, then found it at my mother's house of all places. They are now reunited :D

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Somnambulic kleptomania, very rare o_O:)

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We had our xmas outing last night and it was brilliant. Drinking followed by an escape room then pizza express then more drinking. Normally I don't like going out to drink and would rather get friends together at someones house to do it but I had a great time. The one issue is its 4PM and I've only just woke up.

adidan, Vault-Tec and Kronos like this.
  4. adidan

FA Cup is on, get the kettle on and feet up mate.

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Trying to catch up on the LCS games i missed yesterday. I've already seen the highlights of the FA cup match I'm interested in.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

At long last I am rich according to an email I have just received.
    Greetings you have been gifted $5 MILLION USD From Mr. Bill Gates. Contact me at this email for your claim:
    bill.gatesdonations.2018@outlook.com

What a great man Mr Gates is.

IanW and Byron C like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You & me both then. In the last few days I've had the head of the FBI and the UN Secretary General trying to get in touch with me about millions of dollars in unclaimed payouts.

Drinks are on us two then!

IanW, adidan and Kronos like this.
  8. adidan

Enjoy your drinks, I'm busy with Svetlana and Maria who it turns out live locally and are really friendly :)

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Not sure I want to share to be honest.

I have a few young ladies who seem of Russian decent who unfortunately have lost my contact detail, except email, and would like to meet up for fun. I put it down to my 64 years and dodgy memory as I am sure I should remember these lovelies. But no matter I feel it is only gentlemanly to get in contact.

IanW, adidan and Byron C like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Either my depression is lifting or it's the codeine I am taking for an ear infection pain. Either way I will take it.

IanW and adidan like this.
  11. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Jesus, I must be bottom rung of the ladder then - my inbox is filled with emails titled "Hey, is this you?! Stop texting me!" and "If I have to tell you again, i'll call the cops!"... Not even fake internet girls want a piece of this.

damien c likes this.
  12. Vault-Tec

Yeah, definitely depression lifting. Thank heavens.. Seeing my shrink on the 6th, hopefully it'll be all up from there.

Got my Aquacomputer arms today (mounting kit for X99) and the very smexy 45 deg monsoon rotaries. Really stoked about making the Waynio build actually capable of doing something useful.

I also found out that the rear hub on my new BMX wheels is called a Trapez (no SIC). It is called that because of trapeze, meaning it can swing both ways. All you do is take the driver off (freewheel sorta thing), reverse the pawls and springs inside and you can convert your bike to a left hooker. All pointless, but looks kinda cool in a weird way. So I will be doing that :)

13. MLyons

Just seen Eminem is on tour in the UK July so will be getting tickets for that. Was such a great experience when I went last time at Wembley.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This one's a mix of "awesome" and "pain in the bum".

I've really really missed having a decent set of speakers attached to my PC. But I can't have them sat on my desk because they're too low down - the sound is muddy when the speakers are flat on the desk. Aha, I have a riser/stand/thing from Ikea I bought ages ago... but that means I can't use my desk-mounted monitor arm (at least until the weekend when I can see whether the riser can support the weight of the arm), because it's mounted to the corner of the desk and a speaker would block it. Not to worry, I'll just use a spare monitor I have lying under my desk and put it on the riser between the speakers for now. Except it's not wide enough to accommodate the monitor and the speakers. I did have two of these risers but I threw one out thinking I'd never need it again. FFS...

So the speakers hang off by about an inch right now, until I get some proper desk stands for the speakers. Worth it to have good quality speakers hooked up to my PC though; my headphones are great, but I don't want to wear them all the time..

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  15. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

This just reached me. That's my name on the India chapter. Feels crazy to be up there with people whose work I've followed for years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

adidan, Byron C, Kronos and 2 others like this.
  16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Weekend in Dubai and a free upgrade to First on the way back this morning wasn't too shabby...

17. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

The sun is shining. The kids are in school. I'm going out for an epic run and get super muddy :)

Edit: Lovely long run. Only a little over 10k but first time I've been out running like this since before my little girl had her epic op.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2018
  18. Vault-Tec

IIRC tweeters are supposed to be at ear level in the seated position for perfect placement. So that would be why they sounded muddy yeah.

I agree on the headphones thing. I end up getting outer ear infections (bloody painful !) and then have to spray this vile smelling stuff into my ear for a week (smells like vinegar).

Byron C likes this.
  19. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Got into work a bit late today, which means a late finish - why is this awesome? Because 3 deliveries of bike parts came in this morning, so when everyone else has gone home, I can oogle and get a few bits assembled and ready to attach to the frame next month :grin::grin::grin:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

MS might have pulled the offer to upgrade to win10 for free but they clearly didn't tell the people who control the activation servers, getting fed up with win 7's limited touch functionality gimping my Cintiq and in need of a fresh nuke anyway, i decided to install 10 to see how it my Cintiq would behave with an OS that has proper touch support, anyway TL-DR i tossed my owm 7 key in and low and behold, i now have win10.

saves a hundred quid. :thumb: