1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Fallout 4 : New Vegas

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 5 Jan 2018.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Nothing to say when private servers are coming. So, it could well be by launch (if enough people playing the BETA give feedback). There's still nearly 6 months.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

private servers are one thing, but that still means that there'll be a whole lot of not a lot going on if no NPCs are about. Still, as you said, still got a while yet.

3. Vault-Tec

Mmmm, sounds like Aspie heaven :D

I know that very few would want to play it like that but man, imagine a huge great big playground all to yourself :D oh the yummy walks and building everything where you want it :D

4. Almightyrastus

True, I see the appeal from a solitary play style, but that is all it would be, a sandbox with beasties in. Somewhere to build stuff but nothing in terms of questing or story. The previous Fallouts have worked well as there is this great richness to even small settlements. Those places where people have moved into and cleared out the nasties have a certain business and life to them.

5. Vault-Tec

TBH I think I have spent more time just wandering around in Fallout than I have actually playing it and doing quests. I used to just walk the wastes in FO3 for hours and hours. Exploring.

6. Almightyrastus

Yup, I did the same. I used to navigate from one radio mast to another, picking up other locations along the way. Even now when I see a mast IRL I think "wonder what's over there". Like you, I spent hours doing that.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Samesies. I'd love a semi-realistic (i.e. based on reality, but fun) survival game that was just chill. No monsters, no zombies, a proper walking simulator with gorgeous graphics, where I can just amble along. Maybe post-apocalyptic so I can root around people's houses Gone Home style, maybe just wilderness.

Basically, I want Camping Simulator 2018. Somebody make that a thing, will ya? Nintendo Switch, plzkthzbye.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

EA did it, Battlefield 1 they call it. :)

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

I started doing that but then got side tracked. So, in the end I would start out at one end of the map and try to walk as directly as I could straight to the other end. Then I would walk sideways about 50ft, then return South. I can't believe how many times I did that. Just walking.. It was a bit of a PITA once the albino rads showed up but they were no match for my incredible stash of Nuka Grenades. I would collect as much as I could, then get the perk that turns 10 Nuka into 1 Quantum. Then make an absolute PILE of them lol. I really missed those weapons and their blueprints in FO4 :( they really did dumb down the weapons something awful.

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder