1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

One day, real cars will have keyboards and mice on their dashboards ....

Guest-44432 likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Bloody hell that sander is good. I ordered 25 belts, didn't even wreck one lmao.

Before. Broken brake lugs.

[​IMG]

And a cut off cable stop.

[​IMG]

10 mins later lol.

[​IMG]

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

The Kuru Toga works well for me but not everyone; I write in a brutalist block capital that has lots of applications of lead to paper, someone writing cursive will have fewer longer presses that don't make enough turns of the lead.

Nice little bit of kit though, interesting and works pretty well for what it is.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Love the Kuru Toga pencils, I have a couple of the metal ones that get used a lot for marking up drawings - lots of dashed lines, makes them work very well:

[​IMG]

7. perplekks45

IanW and MLyons like this.
  8. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I snagged an EOS IX for a song.

[​IMG]

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

A normal person would probably give up after having no fish for 11 fishing trips, not me tho xD, a £160ish ROD for £30 is a steal, don’t think it comes with a free fishing bag tho, it should do tho, even some £20 rods come with a free bag! Am i wrong for wanting a free bag at such a big discount? pffftt
    [​IMG]

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pair of 3" speakers turns out my 3.7" speakers wont fit into the doors being 0.7" to large (gah)

Monacor SPH-30X/4SW
    [​IMG]

11. Vault-Tec

Well I have done it.. First console since the Gamecube.

[​IMG]

I have been hovering back and forth between PS4 and Xbox one X. I eventually decided to get a PS4 Pro, but when I finally (after about ten hours of reading) went to order it it was out of stock. I then spent an hour trying to order one from Very, but it seems they want you to credit it so you can't actually just f*****g buy it.

By this stage (it's been going on since this morning) I was in a bad mood. I went on Ebay, first looked for a Pro but no luck (no stock and stupid prices) and then I happened across the Scorpio. £340, no controller no stand. I already have a controller, and I don't need a stand.

So I got this.

[​IMG]

Will be hooked up to the 55" in the bedroom. I am getting too old to be sat in a PC chair for 8 hours at a time. I found that out last week. My ass was hurting for two days.

I feel deliciously dirty.

liratheal likes this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

As much as consoles get **** on by hardcore PC gamers, there's just something nice about a sofa/bed session of a game that just.. goes.

I know steam are trying to bridge the gap with the steam link, but when half the games don't work or need intervention from the host pc, it's already more of an arseache than a console.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

@Vault-Tec - How are you constantly paying for all of this stuff when you're talking about being in perilous debt and the like?

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

He mentioned in another thread that he's sold a couple of the bikes he's been building. Not sure which couple, because I can't keep track of which one is which..

15. perplekks45

Plus he also said that he is debt-free and has some kind of reserves.

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Maybe the stuff is the cause of the perilous debt?

17. Vault-Tec

Aye that. I've had one of them 19 months and hadn't even taken it out of the flat. Was time to let go :)

18. Vault-Tec

It's part and parcel yes. I'm pretty screwed in the head so whilst I do get everything paid every month I tend to obsess about buying crap. I'm working on it (myself) and I have gotten better. I've saved a chunk now, and am doing OK but what I really wanted was CBT. Sadly the Tories have cut mental health services down to the bone so like with many other things I really need help with I am not getting them/it. Pretty much all that is left of the mental health service seems to be the pills every month. Everything else has evaporated.

Financially I am quite well looked after. Well, better than the £30 a week dole I used to get when I was unable to work due to being completely mental. My brother doesn't like it, as others I feel but I guess my answer to that (if that is what is niggling you) is basically why should I have to live a life of absolutely nothing with no pleasure because I am too sick to work? I did that for 35 years. It may seem like I get a lot more than I do, due to how much I buy. However, when you don't smoke, no longer over eat, don't have kids, don't have friends, don't go out, are single etc etc £70 or so a week (which is what I am left with after food bills rent etc) isn't really that much money. Especially when you find it very difficult to actually spend it, due to being housebound all of the time.

So I save. In chunks and clusters, or I simply buy bike parts that then become parts of a big picture (IE a full bike) that I can then have a sell up once in a while. Before it was computers, but I have not bought or saved for a single computer part in over a year. Bikes happen to be much cheaper, much better VFM and because I am very good at building them much easier to get more money back out of when I am done.

It just so happens that I have done my annual sell up, and had enough to buy this console. Which I have been wanting since the PS4 came out, and I realised it would be forever backward compatible with all of your games (one of the reasons why I stopped) and so on.

BTW if any one here doesn't like the fact that I draw benefits every month please consider I come from a very large family who have paid an awful, awful lot of tax over the years for things like this (IE in case one of their own was ever a mental and could not fend for him/herself). And believe me when I say, I tried. I was on and off of the dole as a kid due to not being able to hold down the countless jobs I had (because of temper, anger, mood swings and simply not going in) so I decided out of the frying pan into the fire (USA) and that did not work either. I gave up when I was 36. It was then that I finally realised I just wasn't any good at life. Never was, never will be. Now? I just float around in a pill drunken stupor unable to remember a telephone number by the time I have reached the top of the stairs.

What you see in text on the internet can quite usually not be like the actual real situation at all in real life.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Bah. I manage that just fine without pills! (No, seriously, can anyone remember what I came in the room for?)

20. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

To be honest, I really don't get why you need to explain yourself. Your enjoy what you do bud :)