1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other new phone time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elspuddy, 3 Jul 2018.

1. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

O.k what one should i get iphone 8 plus or oneplus 6? i mainley use my phone for music (i make my own rips and use band camp) , email, web surfing and a few games like pacman 256 fallout shelter , the phone i got at the mo is a iphone 6 plus

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If you currently have an iPhone and you're not unhappy with the ecosystem, get another iPhone. If you switch to Android now, you'll lose access to all the apps you've bought.

4. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Get a Samsung galaxy S8+

Best phone i have ever owned. Gorgeous screen.

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

My vote is for the Oneplus 6 - I bought mine on launch day and am very impressed with it. I made the move from iOS to Android a few years ago and losing the apps I'd bought was a bit of a pain but the financial saving of going with Android more than made up for having to rebuy some apps - sim free the OnePlus 6 is over £200 cheaper than the iPhone 8 Plus (closer to £300) - so unless you've got an inordinate amount of apps to re-buy you're better off with Android in the long run (in my opinion anyway).

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

iPhone X is worth a look, its a slick piece of kit and I love mine. And you can just backup your existing phone to iCloud and pull it down to the new shiny so easily!

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

<get the phone I've got, I like it and it's nice>

But seriously, to echo Gareth, don't underestimate the aggro of switching ecosystems. Unless you're particularly upset with iOS or Apple, stick with another iPhone.

TheMadDutchDude likes this.
  8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

The only aggro I had with switching ecosystems was moving my Whatsapp messages from IOS to Android. Huawei has a phone clone app though I didn't use that. I used Dr.Fone. I paid 30€ for it which is quite a bit, but I felt the memories were important. It's stupid on IOS you can only backup Whatsapp to iCloud and on Android you can only backup to Google Drive.

9. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

10. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

Even when i got a slit issue with iphones (having to redo play lists and put the songs back on to the phone after iv formatted my pc, why cant itunes and iphone back that info up or trasfer it to my pc !!) i went with the iphone 8 plus.

Arboreal likes this.
  11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Cheeky question, is your 6 plus going to be for sale?
    My son needs a new iPhone, and I put up a wanted a few weeks back for 6 / 6 plus on o2 preferably

12. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Good choice, fella. I have to agree with the above and echo what Gareth said, even if I was a little late.

I switched from Android back to iOS with my X and I love it. It’s so much faster than my old phone, it’s ridiculous.

Elspuddy and Arboreal like this.
  13. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

Sorry its been sold to a friend

14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

No worries, glad you're sorted :happy:

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Switched from an iPhone 5 to a P20 Pro (there's a price check for one) and am as happy as @TheMadDutchDude with his iPhone X. Honestly, get the best phone you can afford.