1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync (Mini Review)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 20 Nov 2018.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync (Mini Review) - £360

2560x1440
    144Hz
    2ms Response
    VA true 8 bit panel
    Adaptive Sync

So my old Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC for comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The slight glow in the bottom right is some light come in from the curtain (As you can see the bottom bezel is lit up).
    But no backlight bleed, and a pretty nice dark image.
    [​IMG]

Gaming - So as i own a GTX 1080Ti, I was debating whether to buy a monitor with G-sync, but I was in doubt that I really needed it.
    So screen tearing with Vsync off. So in these games I've tested - Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Mass effect Andromeda, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Project Cars 2, RaceRoom, Hitman 2, Day of defeat, My FPS was anything from 120fps to 300fps and there was no noticeable screen tearing.

Only in Mafia 3 did I get bad screen tearing with Vsync off. But bare in mind it will only run at 60fps with Vsync on, where there is no screen tearing.
    So it seems to me that G-sync would only be an advantage in older titles that only support up to 60hz.
    From more modern games, now that 144Hz monitors are starting to become more mainstream, the newer titles like Hitman 2 and ACC seem to show that G-sync is not needed.

Now I have very fussy eyes, and from my Philips Monitor I was getting fed up with the so called 5ms response and the ghosting I was seeing was pretty bad. But now owning this monitor, there is no ghosting from the typical mouse use in games.

My conclusion, this monitor is a bargain for what you get. Yes the red looks worst in the pics, but sitting here in front of me, it's a matte metallic red, which does look quite stylish. So the pics don't give the monitor justice.
    The bottom of the stand is Aluminium, where as the mid section is the typical outer plastic with a metal structure inside.

So I highly recommend this monitor, and especially for those that are sitting on the edge wondering if they really need G-sync.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Nov 2018
  2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Please remove the colour tag from your posts. Some people have the dark theme.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Second that, I'm one of those people that use the dark theme.

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

What colour tag are you referring too?

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

For some reason your text has been specially set to black. As in [ colour = rgb (x,x,x ] like for pics, strikethrough, bold. People who use the dark theme for the site can't see dark text on the black background that theme has. Normally with no colour specified it'd show as white on their screen. If you edit your original post, then hit the page spanner icon on the menu bar it will switch to basic text format for you to delete it.

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I don't see that in the edit?

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Is that better?

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yup, that's fixed it.

Guest-44432 likes this.