1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Surely eBay and Paypal can see that you paid for the item, or is that asking too much of them?

After eBay buggered me about last year, withholding money for no good reason, I will never sell through eBay again and will only buy low value items I cannot find elsewhere.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Buy via a credit card?

Claim through them?

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Surely if it's over the 180 day limit for you, its the same for the original seller? I don't get how he would make that case so long after you bought it (and had all the buyers protections in the first place).

Need to see the full story!

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Happens loads on AVF with phones. They wait til they're clear then report it stolen. One of the reasons why I always buy sim free and brand new. Yeah it's more expensive but there's no chance of it being blocked

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It's the original seller that reported it stolen, supposedly. Hence where the 180 days comes in.

Don't worry, I've got quite the story building on the other site. I'll possibly even publish it on our review site as a warning to all.

6. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Hurry up. I want to read it. :grin:

MLyons likes this.
  7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Last week or so every night coming back from work I've had a headache, twitchy eye and had to have a nap, weekends have been fine. I think I have a work allergy.

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

EBay/PayPal holding a payment of £150 for 22 days ‍♂️

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Trying to benchmark the penultimate machine in the mini-PC group test, and Unigine's doing that thing where it sits at the logo screen forever. Last time this happened I sorted it by going into the BIOS and enabling pretty much everything that was disabled, but it doesn't seem to have helped this time.

Stranger, though: it ran the 4k Optimised benchmark fine. It's now spitting its dummy out on the far easier 1080p High and 720p Low benchmarks. How does that make any sense?!

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Those resolutions are obviously beneath such a highly strung machine.

Pffft, I don't get out of bed for less than 1440p *

* yes that is £14.40

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

's a piggin' seventh-gen Core i3. Hey, I said the 4k benchmark ran fine, I never said it ran quickly.

Ended up just reinstalling Windows, and now it's running through the 720p benchmark without a care in the world. Ah, Windows, how I loathe you.

Which brings me on to another complaint, and one that catches me out every single time. Insert Windows 10 ISO USB, reboot, choose language/layout, Install Now, I accept the licence terms, Next, ooh, I have two options, Upgrade and Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced). Well, all I really want you to do is refresh the Windows installation that's already on there, so I guess Upgrade.

HAHAHA YOU CAN'T UPGRADE IF YOU'VE BOOTED FROM THE INSTALLATION MEDIUM I'MMA BOOT YOU BACK TO THE START.

Why, Windows, if I can't upgrade when I've booted from the installation medium DO YOU GIVE ME THE PIGGIN' OPTION TO UPGRADE WHEN I'VE BOOTED FROM THE INSTALLATION MEDIUM? JUST GREY OUT THE DAMN BUTTON.

Furrfu.

Last edited: 14 Mar 2019
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You should know by now that Windows options are often nonsensical and/or flat out lies..

Though, in your shoes I'd be tempted to just have a 'test' gold image that you blow onto the drive with all the software preinstalled and whatnot.

13. Gareth Halfacree

I don't normally do Windows testing, so I've never had cause to make one - and the majority of the systems came with Windows already installed, it was only the barebones and this awkward one I needed to faff around with installing (or reinstalling) it on.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Eh. I tend to have a selection of ready-to-boot images for a few different os's. It's not usually that much space these days!

But then I suppose you're a penguin bod and I'm a windaz bod.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sounds like you need an eye test. Or turn the brightness down on your monitor seeing that helps.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Its the lovely LED lighting in the office that's doing it along with oodles of stress.

Spent all yesterday getting VS2012 working SSIS an SQLS playing nicely, users come in this morning without testing it has kicked off saying nothing works an wants rolling back to Win7 because excel wont open a file.
    Think a lot of this is stemming from the migration project an just how poorly its being done. very little testing, people being moved to the new OS without packages being ready like VS2012, latest example of "testing" Office 359 build 1902, the installer works flawlessly.
    But the action of the installer is it uninstalls office, it does so without errors though.

17. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Users complaining. Surely not.

18. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Getting through this month litterally by the skin of my teeth. A little stressful to say the least.

19. Gareth Halfacree

It finally happened: seven years after I bought it, my Dell laser is running out of black toner.

Now, first problem: where the hell did I put the spare toner?

Second: how the hell do I change the toner again?

perplekks45, IanW and MLyons like this.
  20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Seven years? You slacker...