1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Reminds me, as we pack up to move (arrrgh running out of time even though its veen dragging oooooon) my S939 system will come down from the loft.

Abit AX78 with a x2 5000 iirc. I think there's an X800 in there and 4Gb RAM. May just slap Mint on it when i have time and space for it in the new house.

xaser04 likes this.
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think my first actual custom build, instead of an off-the-shelf I later upgraded, was a Pentium 266MMX. Still got it somewhere, along with 64MB of EDO RAM, SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, Matrox MGA (I think), and a 3DFx Voodoo 4MB accelerator. Keep thinking I'll find the time to build it all back up into a working box, but I never do.

Fingers66 likes this.
  3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Rebuilt my system in a new case last night having sold my Cosmos SE, I just wanted something smaller, I got the SE on the pretence of constantly upgrading, adding more cards, HDDs, cooling. When in reality its only had a GPU change when mine blew.

Bought a replacement case for £35 and it looks pretty good for the money

thankfully it booted... Its been a long while since I've done any PC building and even though the components are a good 5 years old or more it was still £400-£500 of components used I couldn't afford to bork.

4. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

My 4 year old goddaughter blowing me kisses last night after dance practice. She's not been overly fond of me lately, and this made me feel a whole load better

5. adidan

Awesome news, my very good Aussie mate's mum has been given the all clear after cancer treatment.

She's gradually getting back into 'normality'. Chuffed for my mate and also his mum and dad who are two of the most genuinely nice people you can meet.

Sometimes good things do happen to good people.

Vault-Tec and IanW like this.
  6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

That sounds like great news!

adidan likes this.
  7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Halved the development time of a project i'm working on. Really glad as I want to get it live as soon as possible.

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You must have stole the time from the project I'm currently on :hehe:

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Had a statement through from the Revenue, and it's showing a £345 overpayment in January that my accountant hadn't... err, accounted for. So I owe £345 less tax at the end of the month.

I mean, I still owe pretty much every penny I've got in the bank, but still. It's going in the 'win' column.

Arboreal likes this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Owing the HMRC less than you thought is very much a win. Not quite an HMRC owing you win, but a win nonetheless.

OT: My leather hole punches arrived. Much sharper than I was expecting, and only needed a gentle tease to go through the silicone I wanted them for.

Which means the boost management is all plumbed up again. Somewhat irrelevant, as it's not yet registered for German roads, but barring an exhaust I'm pretty confident it'll make it through the TÜV.

Next decision: Can I be bothered to wrestle the front bumper off for the sake of fitting a fan, or do I wait and see just how necessary one is.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Something'd have to go really, *really* wrong for that to happen: I'm self-employed, so I pay HMRC on account. "Owing a bit less next time" is the best it gets.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You self employed folk and your "accounts".

I definitely don't envy you that, over PAYE anyway.

MLyons likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My uncle has never been the same. I think that's the only thing that's ever scared him. He's no spring chicken, but yeah never seen him like he is now. He's a total charmer and was always so positive and driven but now he just sits watching TV all day. Ditched his RC helicopter and everything.

Poor sod. I'm glad he's still around though as he was pretty much my dad.

14. adidan

Yeah it's a bloody bugger to say the least.

Even if you're lucky enough to get the all clear it has to affect you, how much is down to the individual I guess.

15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

something something ryzen something something cinebench something something intel are something something

16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

You neglected to mention Fast Food Friday?

17. adidan

Is the Doge in work on Sunday?

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

fitted a new bottom bracket on the bike so some lovely new bearing spinniness.

Mail from a friend who put my CV in for a job, they came over an started asking questions about me seemed to go quite well from what she said. Might get an interview out of it!

IanW and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

Awesome, fingers crossed.

legoman likes this.
  20. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Let's play the "fill in the gaps" game!