1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ah, the 21st century: where people buy wired mousemats for their wireless mice...

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I might understand if it was a wireless mouse that charged via the pad, but alas.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There was one a few years ago where the wired pad actually triggered force feedback in the mouse - like, if you were dragging a folder with 10GB of files inside it'd feel 'heavier' than a folder with 10MB of files. Obviously mainly targeted at gaming.

Aha! Logitech WingMan Force Feedback Mouse, using FEELit tech licensed from Immersion Corporation. Full DirectX 5.0 support, and a USB connection for "300 times faster communications than that of any other serial-based mouse!"

[​IMG]

perplekks45 and legoman like this.
  4. legoman

I wonder what would happen if I tried moving the 4tb on one NAS drive to another. Am I worthy enough to move the mouse?

MLyons, Dr. Coin and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Move aside walking desk, this mouse is for people who want to pump iron all day will at work...

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I can't remember what it was called but we had a mouse like that in our shop and it had recoil for when you shot a gun or fired an arrow in Turok. Pretty cool :)

7. legoman

Silly cycling kit, because its silly but true

[​IMG]

adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Thinking about cycling kit, why is so much of it these predominantly, or fully, black? Do cyclists these days not want to be seen on the roads? My club top, when I was still cycling a lot, was mostly bright yellow. I know some use lights during the day now but, lights, rears especially, are mostly not bright enough to stand out much in daylight and making sure you get seen is of paramount importance.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

My ski kit is all black from my helmet to my boots and skis. I look like a ninja on the slopes.

Ok, rather a bigger than normal ninja.
    Who is less dextrous.

Ok i'm more of a fat shadow falling off a mountain.

10. legoman

Trouble is a lot of the more stylish kit is darker colours, generally though if you contrast with the environment your in your OK, unless its dark, in which case your screwed bar lights and reflectives.
    My usual winter clobber is mainly along the lines of my avatar (which is me by the way) I have a couple of dark jackets etc but they all have a chunk of something to break up the black, my heavy winter gilet has a thick stripe width of the middle pocket running top to bottom for example.
    That one pictured on the front has a great big orange panel on the front but the rear is just some reflective details, works fine though as I have other reflective bits and lights you'd be hard pressed not to spot me in dull/dark conditions.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

This is how I feel every time I see someone in cycling gear.

P.S Not saying that I found you sexy Legoman >_>

legoman likes this.
  12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

2 tickets to see Rammstein next year :)

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

2x unlocked Moto G5 phones in pretty excellent nick for £12 apiece. Company my other half works at was getting rid as they are out of contract, but they weren't allowed to sell them to staff for more than they could get from a corporate recycler. Despite the fact that these things fetch £50-£70 on eBay... I'm not going to sell them on for profit though, they're being given to my mum and brother...

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Two questions:

1. How did you get them? In Germany you can't use any website when the tickets go on sale (Eventim, Ticketmaster, et al crash within seconds every. single. time.) and phone lines are always busy, literally all the time. People camp in front of shops that sell tickets.
    2. How much did you pay? I tried buying tickets for their concert in Frankfurt in 2019. They are actually half of what they were two months ago, but .... well, judge for yourself.
    [​IMG]

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
  15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Holy hell those are insane prices!

I got tickets for Belfast (I'm in Ireland) in July 2020. They were 99 sterling each, so I got 2.

I am however, also going to go see them in Tampere in Finland in just over a month :)

Rammstein are a massive point on my bucket list of gigs.

perplekks45 likes this.
  16. perplekks45

Well, you can't get cheap Rammstein tickets for German gigs, it seems. Gratz to you for getting tickets (cheap-ish) and damn, I'm jealous.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

If the costs are so high there (which is kind of understandable, but not acceptable), make a weekend of it somewhere else! Considering you can get a cheap Ryanair flight (or the equivalent) for €50-60, a cheap B&B for €50-80, then for less than the cost of seeing them in Germany, go see them in another country :)

IanW, perplekks45 and Guest-44638 like this.
  18. perplekks45

If only I still had days off left for 2019. But with a 25 people LAN, Dreamhack Winter and a North Scandinavia trip over New Year's already booked there's just a single day left. :D

19. legoman

Ill just open my window tonight, be able to hear Rammstien clear as day :grin:

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Ah, but they are doing the 2nd leg of the tour NEXT year ;) 2020 is a whole new year!

perplekks45 likes this.