1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Post-house-listing anxiety.

IT'S BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR FOUR WHOLE DAYS!!!! Why has it not sold yet? Will it ever sell? It's it too expensive? Is everyone on holiday or waiting for Brexit, or Boris's stamp duty "pledges" to come to fruition? When one of those things happens will everyone decide it's time to move and then wonder what's wrong with it since it's been on the market for a few weeks or months and then make low-ball offers? What if by the time it sells the houses that are on our shortlist are all gone, and no more houses that are suitable ever come up for sale again?

And it's all going to get so much worse.

The worst thing is that when we listed we thought that if nothing happens, nothing happens, we're in no rush. Which we're not. Quite content to live here another year or two and then try again. But also impatient because I want something to happen immediately.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Bad news from my mum, unfortunately. She won't make it through this time, according to the doctors. They give her a few days at most. Tough times right now.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh man, no words :(

Sorry to hear that. We're here if you want to bend an ear. I know that may be of little comfort but I know this place has helped me through a few very crappy places.

adidan likes this.
  4. perplekks45

Yeah, same here. Thanks, mate.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Ah crap mate, really, really sorry to hear.

As @Vault-Tec says, we're about for what it's worth to vent or ignore as you need. Thoughts with you, your mum and your girlfriend.

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Ouch - not exactly the kind of news anyone wants to hear esp. on - cue humour failure - a thread page no. like we're on. :(

7. perplekks45

Sorry for ruining the 1337 moment, guys. And thank you for your kind words.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

So sorry to hear that perplekks45, we're thinking of you. Hope you get some quiet time together, and she's not in pain.

9. perplekks45

Well, that's it. Just got the call from the hospital, she's gone. The good thing is she didn't have to suffer (too much). I will miss her, but that's a given, isn't it?

Thank you all for your extremely kind words and offers of support.

One day I'll write a book about her, the strongest woman I've ever known.

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

My condolences to you and your family. As you said, it is some consolation that she didn't suffer. Although the moment is expected, it is still a shock when it happens, and there is part of you inside that is unprepared.
    My wife's husband dies 8 years ago 'unexpectedly', he was suffering with slow progressing prostate cancer, and went in to the hospice for a respite break. He was gone overnight, 48 hours later, although he wasn't at the end phase. That was a blessing and a shock.
    Be strong and carry the good memories with you.

adidan and perplekks45 like this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sending virtual hug

[​IMG]

adidan, perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  12. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Sorry for your loss dude, it's never easy losing someone important. My condolences.

perplekks45 likes this.
  13. perplekks45

Thank you all for your kind words. They do help and I really appreciate them.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Dead pooter.

Ruled out the PSU, RAM and GPU. So, it's likely the mobo. Of course it is - I don't have a spare Coffee Lake CPU or board to confirm, so law of sod dictates it must be. ffs.

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I have a Pentium Gold CPU doing nothing if it's any use?

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That would be incredibly useful, Ian. I'll ping you a PM shortly.

17. Vault-Tec

Sympathy and man hugs.

18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

No words mate, other than i understand so you have all my sympathies.

Keep your other half near you, they're invaluable. Take care of each other.

19. Vault-Tec

Been pretty quiet lately. After the first round of heart tests I started having to think about things. Second round of heart tests and I had started making my mind up. Letter saying "please book an appointment to come in" and my mind was made up. Obviously there is something wrong. I started wondering how it must have happened and it made me think about why my psych wanted me to get them done in the first place. Apparently one of the meds I take messes with your heart. It's not just that either. They have made me fat, lazy, tired all of the time and eat far too much. I decided I was going to seriously drop the amounts (of two) and what do you know? within a day I can only eat a meal half the size of the ones I was eating before. And I feel full, and I don't feel starving hungry etc.

It's time for me to get off of these really seriously heavy meds now. I've been on them for ten years and I only did so because of the situation I was in all of the time. IE - escapism. I was quite happy to sit around smashed off of my face without a care in the world. Now though? I either continue taking them and die for it or I start trying to think again. It's not that I am scared of dying. I'm not, and I haven't been for several years now. I have accepted it and feel that I have done all I wanted to do really. Travel the world, get married (twice) live in the USA ride like a bellend on a BMX etc etc. I've fulfilled every wish I had, and now that period of my life is over. "content" would be more the word. Certainly not suicidal, but just content that I've had a bloody good laugh here on this planet.

So yeah, I was expecting to go around the twist immediately but tbh? I've been fine. Quieter than usual, but other than that I feel good within myself. Not like I'm on the brink of insanity any way, far from it.

I don't like being fat though. Not at all. I've had periods of obesity during my life. I was a tiny skinny rock hard kid, then I got ran over and had other health problems which made me fat. Then I lost it all during the rave years (lmao, I wonder how :D ) and then remained steady at around 13 stone. Then I go on these meds and now I am over 18. And the problem is I can't carry it. After four trips up and down my stairs at my flat my knees hurt so bad I want to cry. So it's time now to get rid of this baggage (lol literally) and stop carrying it around with me.

But yeah, I am so over my second round of hippy years. Tired of being mashed. I took drugs from 13 to 21 then stopped, now it's time to have a few years off again. Who knows what mayhem I will create this time :D you'll probably read a post from me 6 months from now saying "God it's cold here in Outer Mongolia" :D

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That's pretty 'plus' for a 'minus' tread...! :)