1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Antec P120 Crystal Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Feb 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

I think the basis of the temperature analysis on this review is a little ... off. Don't get me wrong, I think the review of the case as a whole is fine, and I love looking at the internal designs of a case to see where (if at all) a manufacturer has tried to make innovations. However, the innovation here is that the case is designed for water cooling ... so much so, in fact, that they don't bother including *any* air cooling as part of the deliverable. If that's the case, you shouldn't expect someone to take this in it's out-of-the-box configuration and try to air-cool it. You should be looking at installing some medium- to high-end AIO liquid kits and performing the test with those specs. And you'll likely find, I imagine, that the case performs like any other case with good liquid cooling setups, with the exception that it's actually designed (as you point out) to allow for those kits to be installed, rather than "there's room in there, if you try."

Just my 2 centavos.

-J

murtoz likes this.
  3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

The issue is they are trying to compare apples to apples by having the same test setup across multiple cases. That said, I have never let the thermal performance test result influence my case purchasing decisions. If I did I'd end up with a testbench/torture rack and a box fan. The functionality of the rest of the case is much more important. For example, I have an nano-itx motherboard in a Fractal R5... why? Because it has 8 hard drive bays, was one sale when I bought it, and a few other reasons that were secondary.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

If you're buying this case you're doing so to likely watercool in it, or at least with the understanding that you need to also get some fans. Even 2 fairly wimpy fans blowing some air through the case would improve those figures massively. Lets not forget that the Meshify's stock fans are fairly weak and don't show it's true potential for bombastic aircooled performance.

I'd love to have a pop at building in this and wouldn't be too difficult to get a 360 in the roof too.

5. UkayJ

UkayJ What's a Dremel?

I have to ask, how would you possibly get a 360 radiator in the roof with the PSU there?

6. The_Crapman

[​IMG]

jon likes this.
  7. Diletta Graziosi

Diletta Graziosi What's a Dremel?

reminds me of a 011 dynamic but with a front psu mount

8. Jangalit

Jangalit What's a Dremel?

yeah my same question haha

9. The_Crapman