1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's a good thing, I feel. So many people are (temporarily) out of a job, it's insane. I'm very happy to be able to work from home 100% of the time right now, be honestly I'd prefer a bit of a furlough to properly enjoy the lovely weather we have at the moment.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Suck-ups on conference calls. Cloying attention-seeking sycophants chirping up every two minutes just so the boss can hear them agree with every point or instruction, but not actually contributing a damned thing beyond lengthening the bloody call.

[​IMG]

Fingers66, MLyons, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

With you there...

Fingers66 and perplekks45 like this.
  4. perplekks45

You mean future management making their "opinion" heard?

Fingers66 and MLyons like this.
  5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sounds a lot like James Corden's career.

MLyons and Pete J like this.
  6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So my granddad was given a diagnosis of terminal cancer today; cancer of the liver and pancreas, he was given about a month.

He's 80. His wife, my step-gran, is mid/late 70s and is already a cancer survivor. My mother has chronic asthma and, along with my brother, is supposed to be in self-isolation for at least another week. They, therefore, are all classed as high-risk for COVID-19. Plenty of our family is going to be in a similar situation: many of his kids, grandkids, etc, are either going to be high-risk or in close-contact with those that are high-risk. It's a big family... This would be bad enough at any time, but being in the middle of this pandemic is going to make things a million ****ing times more difficult.

I have no idea what we're going to do about visits. For the next week or two we'll probably be able to get away with seeing him from a distance (his garden is a decent size) but as the weeks wear on that's going to be harder and harder for him to do. I shouldn't even be going up to see my mother & brother at the moment but there's no ****ing way I can carry on sitting around in my house ~25 miles away from everyone.

It's just too much to process. Right now I'm just going to carry on getting drunk, eating crap, and watching a Devin Townsend concert.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2020
  8. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Single greatest conference call tool, moderator controlled group and individual mute. Not only does it limit the sycophants, but more importantly it stops the heavy breathing, keyboard clicks, background noise, etc.

9. perplekks45

That's terrible news. I wish you all the strength you need and hopefully this virus crisis is over soon so you'll get some proper personal time with your family.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

At the start of last week I had crippling back pain, which I'm only just getting over.

Then last Friday this happened:

And now this morning I'm having a gout flare-up.

And in the midst of all this I've had to put the cat among the pigeons at work, because it turns out that a process which has been running for well over a year is massively broken. And of course it just so happens to be a thing that I'm working on, so now this massive mess is mine to fix.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Don't look at how it works!!! It'll break!!!

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Sold my bike last week at last, everything fine till yesterday when got a notification from paypal saying it was an unauthorised transaction and a dispute has been raised, went in favour of the buyer.

So now they've got my bike and the money :(
    Trying to sort it but as they collected it got no proof of delivery etc so time till well if I can do anything.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Contact the police, I'm assuming you + scumbag communicated electronically prior to the sale? The cops might (probably) not do much about it but they'll give you a crime number. Once you have that contact Paypal Customer Service, tell them it's been reported to the police and provide the crime number. Once you've done that contact the scumbag and tell them you've gone to police too.

I've had that happen to me, Paypal were much more helpful once the police were officially involved and I got my money back. It was like a switch flipped and it went to the 'oh you really mean it,' team. No idea if the cops ever did anything about the scumbag though.

Also, ouch mate that sucks.

MLyons, adidan and perplekks45 like this.
  14. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Diminishing enthusiasm to do much more than sleep... even my typical day spent "in front of a PC" is starting to fail to retain a shine.
    Pretty cr@p compared to some who've lost most of their 'not-at-home-all-day' life, but...

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Don't peel the lid back, you'll tear off the tape that's holding it all together!

16. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Waiting for assessment call from NHS. Got the symptoms.

Jolly.

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Here's hoping!

18. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

NHS lady thinks I have a mild case. Observations:

Very sore throat
    Breathing is definitely harder, nothing severe but noticeable
    Sore eyes (wtf?)
    Tiredness, feels different than run of the mill flu
    Chest feels like someone bolted big lead weights on it
    And yes, fever
    Brain fog that comes and goes

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Well that's certainly consistent with what others who've been diagnosed have described..

Hopefully it's not Covid and if it is then hopefully this as bad as it gets for you/you recover quickly.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

"Thank you for providing the number. First of all, you have been paid through personal payment, not commercial payment. PayPal buyer protection is legible for commercial payments only. I'm sorry for your experience, I hope the police can assist you better."

Reported it and pinged paypal the crime number, apparently he paid via friends and family I'm guessing (didn't ask him to, he just asked for my paypal and sent the money) so that's that from them it seems.
    Weird thing being the buyer responded at the end of the day yesterday after I suggested he bring the bike back since the payment had been reversed, saying let's see what paypal do, can't tell if he's playing mind games or maybe just thick.