1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Speaker distortion fixes?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 16 Apr 2020.

1. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Hi all

To continue my woes with Logitech, the Logitech speakers I got at the end of January have developed a distortion in the left speaker. If I lean it face down it goes away, but in the normal position it creates a weird mechanical distortion that I can't really discribe. Do you think this is something I can fix myself, as I don't have the box to send it back for a warrenty return. I got it from Curreys online, do you think I can just take the speakers and an invoice in for a replacement/refund? (although current travel limitations prevent that really). What do people suggest?

I made a video of the sound here:

Also when its idling it makes a buzzing sound quite often, but its more or less always done this.

What the hell is going on with Logitech though. I've always heard them regarded as the best hardware in the industry, but I've had 2 G903's break within a year each and now these break in less than 2 months! I don't think I can reccomend Logitech stuff!

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

If it's in warranty, take it back to the store (or call them to sort a return by mail) as it's clearly a manufacturing defect within the warranty period.
    Like any brand name, they will produce some pieces of Nice Kit, and large swathes of Cheap Tat.

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

G903's though? Thats meant to be atop of the line mouse, with apparently massive faults!

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

So to compound things Curry's customer services is a mess currently, you have to do it all over the phone and the waits are over an hour... Soooooooo, thoughts?