1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Videos of awesome

Discussion in 'General' started by VipersGratitude, 1 May 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Of course! :duh: I used the album title like a pleb!

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

If they try and rattle this off in 90 minutes, I shall be seriously pissed off.

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah it better be a good drawn out movie, I don't want a sped up dumb down version. The pace helped make the original.

David likes this.
  4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

It's meant to be split over two movies, although the second hasn't been officially greenlit yet, presumably pending commercial success of this one. However, even if covid keeps people at home then it still has a chance should the upcoming HBO show Dune: The Sisterhood prove popular

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I love the trailer <3

I'm going to enjoy this film.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Great cast, but you can't tell Dune in 1 film. The one from the late 80's/early 90's was pretty good, but it still missed out loads. Dune needs to be told over many, many episodes like GoT. AND you basically need to do the first 3 books to really do the story justice. A two, or three hour film might be cool, but it will never be good enough.

adidan likes this.
  7. adidan

I'd be happy with two or three two or three hour films :)

Fizzban likes this.
  8. Fizzban

I mean..I'd watch it. I'd lap it up like the Dune-starved Spice Melange-head I am. But I really want to see it all laid out over hundreds of episodes. A man can dream, right?

The first four books in detail. It's greedy, but I want it. So much.

9. Fizzban

2012 Drum n Bass in 2020. This is mix is banging, dirty, whatever you wanna call it. Make those speakers sing!

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To be honest, the only way you can get the full Dune story is if you read the books (and I have done). There is no way that you can capture the entirety of Dune in a film, a series of films, or even a very long running TV show.

I do kinda like the David Lynch version of Dune (Sting's winged pants Cheesecake), but it definitely feels more like a 'based on' kind of film. The Dune miniseries(es) that were released in the 90s were really good adaptations. They really didn't get the look right with Frank Herbert's Dune, and Paul Atreides was too much of a whiny bitch, but IMO they generally did a decent job of keeping the important parts of the story intact. I thought Frank Herbert's Children of Dune was a really good adaptation though.

Even if there are some liberties taken with the story I will be OK with that - as long as it isn't disrespectful of the source material. The work I've seen so far from Denis Villeneuve's has been fantastic - Arrival was simply brilliant IMO - so I'm really excited to see what he's done with Dune.

11. Fizzban

Mini-series..That the Children of Dune thing? I quite liked bits of that. I have read the original 6 books many times, and I am just dieing to see the first 4 books on screen.

I'm not intentionally poo-pooing it. I have read the books so many times. I just wanna 'see' it. But I know it is old. If a new film can get it attention that it's all good.

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Struggling with the casting of Zendaya (sp?), but that's mainly because I can't see past Sean Young as Chani. :blush:

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

There were two: Frank Herbert's Dune, covering Dune, and Frank Herbert's Children of Dune, covering Dune Messiah and Children of Dune.

14. VipersGratitude

Drone footage of San Francisco taken yesterday. This should probably be in the demote thread.

15. adidan

Unbelievable eh?

My Aussie mate sent me a pic this morning as it apparently was just the same over there last bushfire season.

VipersGratitude likes this.
  16. Fizzban

I only saw the Children side of it. I'm ok with that though. Seeing Leo with worm skin was fun even if it was only mild compared to the books. And that dude I was like..why isn't he famous?! And now he is. 'James McAvoy' (I called it)

Honestly most books would be better in full CGI. You can get the best mo-caps and the best vocals without compromise. I like real acting, but it limits books and anime brought to "life".

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Sciencey stuffs:-

The extremely remote possibility of life on Venus! :jawdrop:

Musicy stuffs:-

18. VipersGratitude

19. adidan

When there's a full series that'll be a one month sub :thumb:

Fizzban likes this.
  20. Fizzban

Expanse this December. Waiting for the full season will be torture.

adidan likes this.