1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yeah, that's what seems to happen more and more. I decided a while ago to just say no and see what happens. Haven't gotten myself fired yet, so it seems to work.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Sounds like time to re-negotiate your pay to me.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye @goldstar0011 this sounds like it's the ideal time to roll out the "i'm more than happy to do the work outside of my role so long as you're happy to pay the appropriate wage".

IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Totally agree, need to grow a set and push it.

So next post might be in awesome section as it worked or here that I'm job hunting :hehe:

Arboreal, IanW, perplekks45 and 2 others like this.
  5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Our server has thrown a wobbler this morning. The management console is lit up like a christmas tree, everything is somewhere around 4 hours behind and my inbox has quite a few emails I'm ignoring from people who don't understand simple english.
    Fun times.
    Though the server is being replaced next week, I'm thinking maybe it knows and isn't going to go down without a fight. Or at the very least go down every day and cause a fight.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After playing "whack and clamp" with some bits of wood, one of which was particularly uncooperative and bendy, I've decided I need more, bigger, clamps.

I'd also like them to be quick clamps.

Whiiich looks like about 50€ a clamp.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I read on a woodworking forum once; you can have too many tools but, you can never have enough clamps.

liratheal likes this.
  8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I've always called them cramps when talking about woodworking.

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Got a god damn cold, that's twice I've been ill this past month now.

10. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Woke up from a nightmare of having my ribs crushed.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's that old dead dad anniversary time of year, always makes me have mopey grumpy moments.

A few more than usual anyway :happy:

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I get something like that from time to time, not being able to breathe. Funny how our brains can put us through some hellish times during sleep.

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

If you think you have enough clamps, your wrong you never have enough, or the right clamp.

Currently hating work more than I thought I could. Moved to a new ticket logging platform which is terrible minimal training done via a video call an its painfully slow to use. They optimised it for one area of the business who did all the testing.
    Example of the brilliance, the users information is all at the top, expect the phone number and device ID, which is hidden in an optional tab so a fault can be skipped over, and this data is at the very bottom of a long web form behind a tab menu.
    The old system refused to let you save a fault without those details because they were required, not so with the new one, this was fed back and according to them its how it should be.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Another annoying first world problem. Went to the butcher early this morning with the wife. Tried to use contactless payment (GooglePay) with my phone, transaction refused, no indication why so, wife had to pay. Looked at Google Pay online and Lloyds bank, no help at all. Searched with Duck Duck Go, turns out Lloyds restrict Google Pay to the ₤45 contactless card limit but, don't tell you.

Another nail in the coffin for Android, as I can't be bothered to change banks. Now 100% certain next phone will be an iPhone.

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/help-and-guidance/apple-pay.html

"To protect you from fraud, we may restrict the value or number of payments you can make using Apple Pay, so please make sure you carry your debit and credit cards with you just in case. Some retailers will also limit individual payments to £30."

I think you need to switch banks.

perplekks45 likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Maybe but, the wife uses Apple Pay without any problems and she is also with Lloyds. Added to which, all the banks are equally capable of being shite.

I suspect the restriction your quote refers to, would be most likely to come into effect if suspicious activity is detected. Personally I would hope all banks would do the same.

ElThomsono likes this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I dunno; I'm with Santander and I've paid more than £250 on Android pay before.

In winter I keep a wallet in my coat but when I'm not wearing one I don't carry it, I've really gotten used to being able to rely on contactless. But once or twice I have found myself in your situation and had to walk away from a transaction.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Didn't realise apple/android pay were things people cared enough about to base a new phone on!

Personally failing to keep on top of the various tasks required before I move in a couple of weeks.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

The main driver of change is the failure of Android phone manufacturers, to keep phone operating systems up to date. My Galaxy S8 was updated to Android 9, soon after I got it, early 2018, that's it, it's now 2 versions out of date. If I had bought a last year's iPhone then, I would now be on IOS14. Also I like the wife's iPhone XS.

Byron C likes this.
  20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Nah, just needs a new butcher