1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other True Gamer gone?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 9 Dec 2020.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I've noticed TG's account has now changed to _____.

Has he left the forums or been perma-banned?

EDIT: Please don't link the Guest usernames i make to the original username. kthx - MLyons/DevDoge

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Dec 2020
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

He's escaped.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh. That's sad :sigh:.

If he was banned, it'd show under his name I think. I'd be surprised if this was the case as he's pretty level headed IMHO.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh he used to be, got a bit full of himself lately. Did get banned for a week about a month ago and was around on discord for a bit, but think he's not been on there for a while either.

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I suspect he requested account deletion. I don't think I've seen him on here since he got himself a temp ban a month or so back.

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

edited original post.

bawjaws likes this.
  7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Sorry. Didn’t realise it was a no-no. Wasn’t hard to figure out which pseudonym was his though. He has been pretty prolific over the years here.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, I'll miss him. I haven't been following his posts, but based on my past interactions, all I'll say is maybe the crowd needs looking at as well as the individual.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

What's the purpose of switching the username out for a guest name?

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

GDPR - Guest name accounts are none-searchable too iirc, making it more difficult to collate and attribute data to an individual.

I think.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I don't know, if people choose to leave and don't say why they're going, then I'm not sure what "the crowd" can be expected to do about it really.

It's always a shame to see users leave the forum, but I'm not aware of anything with T_G's departure that's indicative of an issue with the wider userbase. I could be wrong, of course.

12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I had a look through some of the threads he posted in this year. It seems he was posting in one that Gareth cleaned up, it could have been that. But who knows.

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I have had many great and pleasant exchanges with him, fond memories of his insane quad 670 setup, but some of the recent one's have soured the taste somewhat, with quips such as "I'm just here to educate you all", calling anyone who questioned him a "keyboard warrior" and essentially offering people out.

I know he's been through some horrible stuff in the past with his ex and who knows what he's going through now, it's been a one hell of a shitty year, but it's a shame he's left rather than seek refuge. The thread below this one as I type is a thread of gratitude and dedication to this weird and wonderful place of ours from someone in pain and I know when I've had my lowest times this year and felt like I'm chewing the rocks on the bottom, I've found comfort and help here.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's up to the user. We delete accounts and they delete posts

15. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Fair do's. I was under the assumption that when an account was deleted, the account username was automatically replaced with a 'Guest-xxxxx' name, so that topics and conversations remained. I didn't realise he'd requested anonymity.

16. MLyons

it's not automatic. I have a heavily documented process I go through. The anonymity bit is something I provide to all deleted users deleting their account, nothing special about this time.

17. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Had a recent trade with him when I sold my 5600XT. Seemed like a really nice chap. Hope he can sort out what's bothering him and come back.

Pete J likes this.