1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It has improved a little bit since release. My average is 35 FPS if you believe Radeon Software. It's not a bad game, if you weren't involved in the hype I reckon. It's not what was promised, but.. ****, 125 hours later and I still play it.

So.. I kinda get that for the fast paced games, but. 2077 just isn't that.

That's about eight minutes of me cutting about on a bike, and shocking driving skills aside, it doesn't dip too far below 30, and.. Well, I can't really complain. The game isn't fast enough to need it IMO.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I understand your point but any stutter completely destroys the gaming experience for me. Strange, considering I really enjoyed Quake when it came out in glorious low FPS. :lol:

3. liratheal

Fair. I go for visual fidelity over wicked high FPS these days, but I tend to play slower paced games tbh.

Bloody_Pete, Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Depends on the game. I can live with a few slowdowns in something like CP2077, but in Warzone I will turn down almost every setting to try and achieve at least ~120fps.

I mean... not that either of these things are really a problem for me since I switched from a 1060... It's pretty much only CP2077 or Warzone that really puts my PC under pressure anyway; the former because CDPR just absolutely have to make "Yeah but can it run Cyberpunk?" the new "Yeah but can it run Crysis?", and the latter because its optimisation is absolutely laughable.

Quake was damn fast if you played it in software or had a 3dfx card!

perplekks45 and liratheal like this.
  5. perplekks45

I had an S3 ViRGE, then a Voodoo, then a Voodoo 2. "Damn fast" was something different, though. Especially with the first two of those cards.

Back on topic:

[​IMG]

x2, because it is a 2TB 980 Pro in the OEM variety for 250 Euros each, shipped.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not an "Photo Taker" so excuse the photo's.

New purchase thanks to my dad needing a upgrade and him buying my "old" stuff which was only bought last year :hehe:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite
    32Gb Corsair 3600Mhz
    Corsair H150i Elite Capellix
    12x Deepcool CF120 Plus fan's
    Corsair RMX1000 PSU
    Corsair Cable Kit (Red & Black)
    Corsair 5000D Airflow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case does not make it easy to deal with cables and next month, I will more than likely be buying the 7000D Airflow, and then start prepping for a full custom loop but the AIO will do till I get everything sorted.

Byron C likes this.
  7. perplekks45

Nice hardware, but that GPU is sagging quite a bit.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yep, I am going to dig the box out for it as iirc it had a "Anti-Sag" bracket with it, but if not I will get something to prop it up with.

perplekks45 likes this.
  9. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I like how the RGB is set to match the storage boxes :happy:

damien c likes this.
  10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah those are downstairs and the PC is upstairs.

Still trying to sort the RGB out, as it's the first time I have actually bothered with it.

One thing that was pointed out somewhere else though is that I was an idiot and should have slept before installing the fans, because they were all set to Exhaust :wallbash:

11. liratheal

Not everyone has a GBA game case and a slice of acrylic available to prop up their card, jeez.

Bloody_Pete, perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice kit.

Let me know how that cooler manages with the 5950X. I'm getting one next week to try and keep a 5900X under control. Hadn't planned to go 'full watercooling' just yet, so hopefully it'll manage ok! :grin:

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

At the moment not sure how it's doing, it's hitting 82c running Cinebench R20 with PBO running the CPU at 4.3Ghz with 1.2v.

I am not sure though if it's because the fans seem rather poor and don't really feel like they are moving much air.

Need to keep looking and testing, but so far this is really pushing me towards a custom loop even more.

14. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

New 32" 1440p monitor, along with my recently purchased B560 case. The 3090 is kept around 50 when fully stretching its legs, which it should get a chance to now with 144hz limit on the screen

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Thanks for the update!

Hm. This is not reassuring me, if I'm honest! :grin: May stick to a chonky air cooler for now and double up on the amount of fans I'd planned to buy...

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well just played a quick couple of minutes on Destiny 2.

Overall CPU usage was hovering around the 15% mark, with a Core Clock of around 4.65Ghz and the CPU temp was sitting at around 65c at around 150w power draw.

I think with some better fans, the cooler might do better because even the GPU which normally only hits around 50c with the fans at 100% whilst playing Destiny 2 for hours on end, was hitting over 65c with the fans at 100% and the glass near the GPU is "HOT!"

I am currently watching YouTube to find which fans I should look at, because as much as I hated RGB for some reason it's growing on me and I don't like it because it's expensive :hehe:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well now have 12x Lian-Li Uni SL120 fan's on order so will see how they work out as everything I have seen about them looks really good.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  18. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

From the pics though, all your fans are exhaust ?

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, that's gunna fur up PDQ.

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I have some of their previous fans, and they're surprisingly good. Not the nbest, but for the money, great. Only annoyance with the ones I got is you had to, one by one, stick all of the anti-vibration padding to them. In each corner. On 6 fans -_- Otherwise, great!