1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Crazy destruction derby today. Super spicy race teeing up a showdown finale.

Hopefully it doesn't end an epic season with another Abu Dhabi snore fest

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Prediction? I don't want it to be the case, but Lewis drives off into the distance with Max 10 seconds behind, everyone else enjoys the parade. The end.

Odds-on it'll be a huge anticlimax either way.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

WOW - Lewis is firmly planted in Max’s head, y this is awesome.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Don't know why Lewis and max have been called to the stewards. The stewards themselves should be reported. Shocking weekend from them, they've dillied and dallied and dithered all weekend, too scared to take action against the myriad of shenanigans, so that they not adversely affect the championship fight, teams and drivers have cottoned on and really pushed what's acceptable behaviour and has landed us in the mess we had today. It was fantastic to watch, but my god they've gotta sort themselves out.

Omnislip likes this.
  5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Last edited: 5 Dec 2021
  6. The_Crapman

69 bar is not a light little tap. Very lucky to get away with that so lightly. What a cock

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'm a bit confused, how does the results stand, if he got a ten second penalty that would put him behind Bottas as he was 6 seconds approx behind.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Bottas finished 15.7 seconds behind Verstappen, +5sec penalty, +10 sec penalty, Bottas now finishes 0.7 seconds behind Verstappen.

It really strikes me as doing something to be seen to have done something without having to do anything at all. The result doesn't change, the penalty points won't interfere next weekend unless he does something insane like driving through the pits at full speed. If he weaved about and pumped the brakes to me that's a black flag, I felt the same when Vettel had his red mist episode at Baku, same when Maldonano side swiped Perez at Monaco, ****ery like that needs to be stepped on hard.

F1's stewards have always been weak (see 1976, 1990, 94, 03, 06 etc) but this year they've really outdone themselves. When Hamilton finally got past Verstappen he ran Max off the end of the corner, which is perfectly legal after Brazil and demonstrates just how badly they've screwed up. It's going to end with someone in hospital next year, sods law says it'll be a marshall.

Omnislip likes this.
  9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

That was exciting for all the wrong reasons. Kinda like a fight in a car park during black friday. You expect the thrill of getting and setting up a new TV but the sheer stupidity of the circus trumps all.

I will say I was completely wrong about the circuit. While it mightn't have tons of overtaking spots, it looked very technical and difficult with plenty of drivers paying the price.

The_Crapman likes this.
  11. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Good old official F1 timings being miles off :lol:

Side note, Ricciardo quietly drove to 5th, that was quite the performance.

12. The_Crapman

Was a shame Norris got caught out with the pit stops and then got caught up in the crash on the first restart. Could have been some good points, third looks like Ferraris now. Although wil allow them more dev time next year.

13. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

There was a driver in hospital this year - the one who put him off took a 10s penalty and won the race :eyebrow:

The_Crapman likes this.
  14. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I still see that as hard racing with Lewis being over ambitious and therefore more to blame.

What Max did yesterday was 100% deliberate and down right dangerous.

I hope Lewis wins this year and sees sense and quits while he's ahead and more importantly alive.

15. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

Deliberate yes, but not nearly as dangerous as a lunge at Copse, even if it was done in good faith.

These days nobody gets punished for doing things that are dangerous to other drivers - just 5s here, 10s there.

16. The_Crapman

a lot needs doing with the rules. Clearly defining dangerous driving with harsh penalties, parc ferme conditions during red flags, save for being able to change from slick to wet tyres if it starts raining while the race is stopped, for safety, but not from wet to dry. more defined "let them past" points, not within a couple of corners of a drs detection zone. overall some sterner more effective penalties, more stop and go penalties, a forced drive through the pitlane. a bigger full time team of stewards for consistency and the ability to deal with multiple situations quickly might be an idea too

Omnislip likes this.
  17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I’d argue braking in front of your competitor on the straight is just as dangerous as what Max did at Silverstone, on both occasions he really only hurt his own chances though.

He’s clearly feeling the pressure and reverting back to type, having shown some real maturity in the first half of the season it’s really disappointing to see him fall back to old ways.

The_Crapman likes this.
  18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I'd argue racing slow on racing line behind a blind corner was more dangerous, yet Hamilton got away with just a reprimand and small fine.

Omnislip likes this.
  19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

There's not enough bloodlust in this thread :naughty:

The carnage and unpredictability is about the only thing that makes the actual races worth watching at the moment.

Hopefully next year's rule changes will go some way to make it a racing series again.

20. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I think it was lucky that Lewis and his car were clearly faster, so the result seems very fair (even if you don't think the route to it happening was fair!)

If it had been decided by penalties then phew boy would it be kicking off