1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I usually would, got no appetite for it for the first time ever.

Edit: To be fair this time round most of it will be on during the day which, if memory serves, is usually full off guff, gossip and funeral adverts.

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

No sh!t?

Pete J, IanW, goldstar0011 and 2 others like this.
  3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that was very careless of you, stones are such difficult pets to lose.

Hope you recover quickly mate.

Pete J, IanW, goldstar0011 and 3 others like this.
  4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Usually, I'd be delighted. But for reasons highly likely different from many other people, I'm boycotting this world cup.

Pete J, Scroome, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/20/power-rangers-jason-david-frank-dead-dies-tommy-oliver-green-white/

Bugger... another part of my childhood gone

Also seeing some of the comments on the news articles about this makes me want to pull my hair out
    so many people out there going 'guys just speak out about it blah blah blah' the fact is only a tiny percentage of people who attempt suicide NEVER talk about it
    the overwhelming majority try over and over and over again to talk about how they feel and are met with
    'dude, just man up' 'dont be sad, just cheer up' etc etc
    as someone who has been there, we talk, we try, and we get shot down over and over again and after being rejected like that repeatedly we just give up talking about it, because nobody cares, so why even bother

then after the fact those SAME people who told you to 'man up' are the SAME people tweeting out 'oh i wish he had reached out to me' 'he was such a happy guy' 'i never saw this coming blah blah blah'
    /rant

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

****ing gout.

First it was my right ankle. Now it’s spreading across all the joints in my left foot. Both leave me basically unable to walk properly, and this morning I could barely put shoes on.

The part that really pisses me off is that I’m taking medication to reduce my uric acid levels, high levels of which are responsible for gout so this stuff is supposed to help prevent attacks. But this is the worst it’s been in a very long time.

7. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

No, there was lots!

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Try this one simple trick to lose weight, you will NEVER guess, Dietitians HATE him

Pete J, Isitari, Vault-Tec and 5 others like this.
  9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

It's a temporary boost doctor, nothing to worry about.....

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My regular pain medication is experiencing shortage right now so I'm on suboxone. This stuff is sheer misery. Wish the shortage would end already.

11. KayinBlack

HP Z Drive Turbo is wrong gen, not bootable. Will have to get a new NVMe drive to drop in it (only uses a PM951 drive, as it has the proper AHCI boot information.) Least I found one for $20.

Just a pain in the ass.

12. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Same....I think :D

perplekks45 and Pete J like this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Is a sports ball happening?

Pete J likes this.
  14. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Apparently so...Much money. Such Rich people.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Motherboard seems to have died on my Optiplex 3050, mildly infuriating because now I get to test the supposed twelve month warranty and who knows how much of an arseache that is going to be.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Confirmed: mixed-presentation attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (this means I have a combination of "inattentive" and "hyperactive/impulsive" symptoms - more deets here). I'll get a full written report in the next couple of days and we'll start looking at medication.

It's good to get that validation, to have someone else agree that yes, these things I struggle with do have an underlying cause, they are a problem, they have had (and continue to have) a negative effect on my life. It's also somewhat depressing to think that I have spent ~30 years of my life belittling and berating myself for not having lived up to the expectations of others. That I had to wait until I was 40 years old before I received a diagnosis of a medical condition that has had such an impact that I'm only just starting to understand it.

The psychiatrist I saw also strongly recommended that I pursue an assessment for autism spectrum disorder. Once I get the report I'll follow up on that with my local NHS GP; there's a new screening service that's been launched to reduce waiting lists, so hopefully things will start to get better.

Feel absolutely drained now.

Hex, Vault-Tec, adidan and 8 others like this.
  17. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Byron, I can understand the frustration and upset about the time taken, but you now know what is behind your difficulties.
    If nothing else, you can stop being so hard to yourself and find a way to deal with the problems that works for you.
    A mixed 'blessing' indeed, on to the next chapter

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Might have taken you a while, but you still did something about it. Which is more than a lot of people.

Vault-Tec, IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  19. KayinBlack

Once you have a name you can do a lot, Byron. Don't be so hard on yourself. I was 37 before I was diagnosed with autism. I just thought I was a shite person.

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

One of the problems with mental health issues and getting help, is that many people simply don’t realise they have a problem. Been there myself…

Vault-Tec likes this.