1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Either that or Andretti. Andretti Porsche maybe?

Not a bad shout

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Andretti really isn't taking no for an answer is he?

As for branding, iirc Caddilac is also what they went with for LMDh so they seem to prefer that for this kind of racing to Chevrolet or whatever.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well that answers the question of how Andretti will get funding. They'll still be denied entry since the rules as currently written split the prize money between all the teams, not the top 10. So the teams will all be unanimous in their denial of entry since they don't want to lower their share of the cash. Time to see if Mr Bin-whatever his name is as spineless as I think he is.

5. javaman

There was Tweet on 2nd January from Bin salesman that he had instructed the FIA team to investigate setting up a formal process for expressing interest to join the grid.

A couple of articles about it mentioned the problems torpedoing informal expression of interest eg. Financial stability, diluting the franchise, ensuring teams can and will remain or what "bringing something to the sport" actually means and what the FIA will be looking for to answer those questions

6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Have they been watching haas?

javaman likes this.
  7. javaman

Haas despite their performance is at least stable and sustainable. Even if Gene loses interest in F1 he has an investment that can be cashed in on. Think Audi here, if places are limited and the hoops are so hard to get a new team on the grid then buying in is the only way. The golden ticket ie. The piece of paper that says you can race becomes worth more than the sum of owning building and running a team costs combined.

I can see Haas exiting the sport anyway. There are seemingly enough manufacturers sniffing around, Porsche and Honda for example and Ford and Hyundai have been rumoured never mind other investors seeing the value in investing.

Tho there is a possibility that the rivalry with Andretti will spark the I was here first and can do this racing thing better than you forcing Haas to up it's game.

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm just salty as a mick fan :p

javaman likes this.
  9. RedFlames

MLyons likes this.
  10. fix-the-spade

11. RedFlames

12. The_Crapman

Be interesting to see what red bull turn up with. Imagine if everyone arrives with their red bull clones only for red bull to have done a complete redesign. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none, but maybe they used last year's submission to test the vulnerabilities of the budget audit and found a "catering" company that make exquisitely umami carbon fibre panels? :eyebrow: seems like a very red bull thing to do. :hehe:

MLyons likes this.
  13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Personally, I'd like to see another Brawn year, where a lower end/new team pitches up with a killer feature that pisses in the morning coffee of the big boys.

noizdaemon666 likes this.
  14. The_Crapman

Oh that would definitely be a preference.. maybe Aston Martin and they're sidepods reminiscent of the 2011 McLaren-Mercedes MP4-26 could be half decent and Alonso romps to Victory, or stroll comes back and thrashes everyone, wins the championship and we all have to shut up about him being **** :lol:

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Those are the best years, we need one of those every year like in olden times.

16. The_Crapman

Screenshot_20230223-182528.png
    :naughty::hehe:

17. fix-the-spade

Verstappen drove 2.75 race distances today, went fastest in the middle of a long run.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to watch this year. I wonder how much Red Bull spent on catering...

Last edited: 23 Feb 2023
  18. veato

veato I should be working

I don't like pre-season. You just don't know who is sandbagging and by how much.

19. RedFlames

20. veato

veato I should be working

I'm enjoying the latest Drive to Survive. Or more specifically Guenther "F*****g hell, I've got to call Gene" Steiner. He needs his own show.