1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gareth Halfacree's Recent Activity

1. Gareth Halfacree liked Fizzban's post in the thread Multi Deus Ex is 20 years old!.

Deus Ex released June 17th 2000. I had hoped Bit-tech would honor this. This game meant more to the gaming community than almost...

10 Jul 2020 at 23:26
  2. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Multi Deus Ex is 20 years old!.

Word. Deus Ex was a milestone. Arguably, you could take any one part of it and point to a game that had done it first, or done it...

10 Jul 2020 at 23:26
  3. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread CPU Real workload stress testing.

Or just loop Handbrake - the PC Pro benchmark suite (and my handcrafted Linux equivalent) uses the command-line version so it's...

9 Jul 2020 at 09:59
  4. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread The Coronavirus Thread.

To put this into perspective, the government had to be shamed into giving children who would otherwise go hungry £15 a week in food...

9 Jul 2020 at 09:18
  5. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

There was a discussion on that front when it launched: the Mac Pro pricing at the top end is actually cheaper than speccing the same...

8 Jul 2020 at 15:58
  6. Gareth Halfacree attached a file to the thread Equipment Thermal Imaging - The Want is Strong.

Oh, and by way of comparison here's a similar shot - different scale, though - taken on the FLIR C2. [ATTACH] You can really see the...

raspberrypi4-thermal-idle-updatedfirmware.jpg 8 Jul 2020 at 15:44
  7. Gareth Halfacree attached a file to the thread Equipment Thermal Imaging - The Want is Strong.

After doodad *and* post-processing. Purty! [ATTACH]

flirets320-raspberrypi4-focusadjusted-small.jpg 8 Jul 2020 at 15:15
  8. Gareth Halfacree attached a file to the thread Equipment Thermal Imaging - The Want is Strong.

I'm actually writing this up now, so I needed better comparison shots - which means getting out the crack detector and spray-painting a...

FLIR0011.jpg FLIR0014.jpg 8 Jul 2020 at 14:35
  9. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Equal opportunities monitoring - valid or discriminatory?.

The argument against that is the same as the argument against the death penalty: what if you're wrong? It goes further, though. These...

7 Jul 2020 at 14:39
  10. Gareth Halfacree liked damien c's post in the thread Equal opportunities monitoring - valid or discriminatory?.

@Gareth Halfacree @liratheal Thank you both, to be honest some of the points you have made I had not thought about, and I am happy to...

7 Jul 2020 at 12:48
  11. Gareth Halfacree liked liratheal's post in the thread Equal opportunities monitoring - valid or discriminatory?.

As should anyone. Woman, man, black, white, straight, gay, binary, non-binary. The number of white vs non-white employees wasn't...

7 Jul 2020 at 12:00
  12. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Equal opportunities monitoring - valid or discriminatory?.

I've talked about this issue on the forums before: a good team is a diverse team, it's as simple as that. You can have a team made up of...

7 Jul 2020 at 11:41
  13. Gareth Halfacree liked Byron C's post in the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

Power Mac G4 - 733MHz CPU, 1.25GB RAM, and two HDDs (which I'll probably replace with IDE-to-CF/SD adapters). [IMG] I was looking for...

7 Jul 2020 at 10:47
  14. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Other Reasonable expectations of a NAS?.

Synology says 5.4W with the hard drives in idle; this forum thread suggests a tweaked N54L can hit 25W at idle (or 19.2W with a more...

7 Jul 2020 at 10:45
  15. Gareth Halfacree liked Spraduke's post in the thread Equal opportunities monitoring - valid or discriminatory?.

My anecdotal experience from the world of engineering (primarily oil & gas) is that there is a severe lack of diversity in most meetings...

7 Jul 2020 at 10:32