1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gareth Halfacree's Recent Activity

1. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Multi Apex Legends (The Titanless Titanfall FTP BR).

Don't look at me, I've not played Apex Legends or Anthem - 'twas @Otis1337 who said 'The bullet sponging kills it for me.'

18 Feb 2019 at 19:04
  2. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Other What's ruining your life right now?.

And now, to add insult to injury, Unigine Superposition won't run on the bugger. Hits the logo screen, thinks for a bit, crashes. Which...

18 Feb 2019 at 17:37
  3. Gareth Halfacree liked liratheal's post in the thread Other What's ruining your life right now?.

I think we both know it's about 40mb of actual drivers with a fancy package of trash around it.

18 Feb 2019 at 16:11
  4. Gareth Halfacree attached a file to the thread Other What's ruining your life right now?.

[ATTACH] What the hell does this tiny little machine need 3.2GB of drivers for?! My entire operating system is an 800MB download!

upload_2019-2-18_15-10-8.png 18 Feb 2019 at 15:10
  5. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Multi Apex Legends (The Titanless Titanfall FTP BR).

Bullet sponge does not refer, and has not ever referred, to lag. See also here.

18 Feb 2019 at 15:00
  6. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Multi Apex Legends (The Titanless Titanfall FTP BR).

"Bullet sponge" mechanics are common to MMOs: enemies, whether other players or AI-controlled characters, take a bajillion bullets to...

18 Feb 2019 at 14:54
  7. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts..

Welp, that's Honda, then. Oh, but wait, this is Project Fear, right? Not exactly what Minford said not only would but should happen? On...

18 Feb 2019 at 14:20
  8. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts..

"The remain camp" (as if it was a single entity) had an impossible task, because it was trying to fight a range of opponents (the leave...

18 Feb 2019 at 12:41
  9. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts..

I've got a bit of tinned food, some freeze-dried stuff I've had for ages (great for camping, 'cos it weighs absolutely nothing), a water...

18 Feb 2019 at 11:04
  10. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

I'd be very interested in tests on noise levels before and after that's fitted, 'cos it looks like it'd whistle like a right 'un - look...

18 Feb 2019 at 10:12
  11. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts..

What's that? Food is not going to magically get cheaper when we Brexit, but will actually get more expensive "virtually...

18 Feb 2019 at 09:46
  12. Gareth Halfacree attached a file to the thread Photos Photo of the Day.

Right, that's all the machines I have on-hand photographed - there's a pair of Intel NUCs arriving from PC World supposedly today, and...

upload_2019-2-16_15-47-46.png upload_2019-2-16_15-48-1.png 16 Feb 2019 at 15:48
  13. Gareth Halfacree liked Anfield's post in the thread Social and Economic Differences across the UK..

There are some things that could be done: Better distribute public sector jobs around the country and encourage work from home schemes...

16 Feb 2019 at 13:56
  14. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Other What currently makes your life awesome?.

There's a stock-trading website (with the friendly warning that 80% of investors lose their shirts using it, fact-fans!) - Trading 212 -...

16 Feb 2019 at 13:55
  15. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Social and Economic Differences across the UK..

's a nice dream, though, eh?

16 Feb 2019 at 13:49