1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gareth Halfacree's Recent Activity

1. Gareth Halfacree attached a file to the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

[ATTACH] Backed it on Kickstarter back when I still had money. Still waiting on the physical bits, but the digital download arrived...

Album Cover.jpg 13 Dec 2018 at 14:56
  2. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread News John Romero announces Sigil Doom expansion pack.

Why, what did I put? <goes to see> Oh, 1995. Yeah, that's not right. Fixed, ta!

12 Dec 2018 at 10:54
  3. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

It's super-annoying to get to. Should have fitted one when I replaced the fan, but I didn't have any in the spares pile at the time.

12 Dec 2018 at 09:28
  4. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

My arcade machine has an 80mm, 240V, metal-bladed fan in it. Without an internal finger guard. You'd better believe I treat that one...

12 Dec 2018 at 08:50
  5. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread News Second security hole accelerates Google+'s demise.

They're not closing down the whole network, only closing it to consumers (and kicking 'em off); the enterprise side of things will...

11 Dec 2018 at 11:22
  6. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0.

I was always a fan of Seagate's SeaShell clamshell packaging, when coupled with the end-caps. Floats the thing quite nicely in the...

11 Dec 2018 at 10:37
  7. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread News UL Benchmarks dates, prices Port Royal.

I assume you mean 3DMark Advanced Edition? 'cos Port Royal ain't out yet. (And if you buy 3DMark Advanced Edition now, you don't get...

11 Dec 2018 at 10:16
  8. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Other Dropbox share access.

Yup.

11 Dec 2018 at 09:15
  9. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread News IBM sells software packages to India's HCL.

I used to swear by (and, sometimes, at) Lotus Smartsuite. Loved Lotus Organiser, which was a proper skeuomorphic Filofax clone - with a...

10 Dec 2018 at 15:48
  10. Gareth Halfacree replied to the thread Windows Secure Erase SSD?.

There's ATA Secure Erase, which sets all cells to empty; there's ATA Enhanced Secure Erase, which does pattern-overwriting first. You...

10 Dec 2018 at 08:29