1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sentinel-R1's Recent Activity

1. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

Cheers Mr T. Useful as always.

18 Jun 2019 at 13:35
  2. Sentinel-R1 liked Mister_Tad's post in the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

For simplicity's sake, just consider Android and Android TV entirely separate OSes. There's a play store for android TV just like there...

18 Jun 2019 at 13:35
  3. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

With DS Video app and Synology VideoStation on the NAS, you don't need Plex. It does exactly the same thing though and does push rich...

18 Jun 2019 at 10:28
  4. Sentinel-R1 liked Gareth Halfacree's post in the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

Your devices only show up in the install list if they're logged in to Google Play Store - so if it's there, it has full Google Play...

18 Jun 2019 at 10:23
  5. Sentinel-R1 liked David's post in the thread Motors TT deaths.

Thousands of white vans screaming around the isle of man. The screaming would be from the fan belts, obviously.

18 Jun 2019 at 10:21
  6. Sentinel-R1 liked VipersGratitude's post in the thread Motors TT deaths.

Out of curiosity, and for a little perspective, I googled the most dangerous profession. In the UK, by volume of deaths, it's painters...

18 Jun 2019 at 10:21
  7. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

I've not used an Android-based TV before, so unsure how the apps are delivered. Presumably a tailored appstore and not full-fat Google?

18 Jun 2019 at 10:14
  8. Sentinel-R1 liked Gareth Halfacree's post in the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

IMAGE DESCRIPTION: A screenshot of the Google Play Store open on the Synology DS video application, showing a list of the user's devices...

18 Jun 2019 at 10:11
  9. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

My gimped work browser won't show images from certain sources, so will check that out when I get home. Thanks buddy.

18 Jun 2019 at 10:04
  10. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

Good to know, thanks gents. Wasn't aware of a Sony app that streams from Synology. My Panasonic can stream from my NAS but just shows...

18 Jun 2019 at 09:47
  11. Sentinel-R1 liked Mister_Tad's post in the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

I may have* misspoke - Sony's ZD9 (which you won't get any more) is a corker, the subsequent 65" ZF9 is the one I was referring to in...

18 Jun 2019 at 09:45
  12. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

I can get a KD-65ZF9 Master Series new from Sony direct for £1299 inc. del. Might be an option?

18 Jun 2019 at 08:40
  13. Sentinel-R1 replied to the thread TVs New TV time... advice welcome.

Cheers, Mr T. Some good food for thought. The new lounge has blackout blinds at one end and french doors at the other so I can control...

18 Jun 2019 at 08:33