1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision defends MW2 on PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Nov 2009.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

although the SP on cod4 was amazing, you will not play it more than 2 times at most. MP is like you say "the heart and soul" of this game, and their just shooting them selfs in the foot with this madness (madness?.... THIS IS SPARTER!)( sorry, had to be done :D)

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

let me point out that somebody's intelligence cannot be derived from the fact that he/she owns a console or a pc... and what about those who own both? they are only half-stupid? for the record, i'm a pc only gamer. in this logic that makes me a 'bright loving exploring horizonexpanding guy'. and yet i do not think console owners (i admit know a few of them, heresy!) are any more stupid or smart than i am...
    but in the end, i do agree that MW is doing the wrong thing by tailoring the pc version to console limits....

3. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

In other news, Hitler speaks out in defence of the holocaust, and people act as if he's unbiased.

Console players aren't lemmings (I own all 3 consoles btw and a Gaming PC) its just that the majority of players of COD4 came to the series, on console, and at the time COD2 came out. So all they've ever known is the pared down online system on xbox 360, and more recently, PS3. If they had ever experience how much smoother it is to play on dedicated servers, they'd understand, but they haven't, so they don't, and you flame them, so they flame you, and everyone ends up hating each for basically no reason other than not understanding the other person's position.

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

'Sparter'? dear oh dear....

5. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Lol.

PC gamers spend a lot more on the hardware. In return they get a far more customisable experience, especially in online play. I can choose a Bolt action only for COD5, a no arty and claymore server for COD4 etc. Also, I can favourite these servers if I like them and the 'regulars'. No chance of that with IW.net.

If PC gamers really craved the matchmaking and hosting systems from consoles, they would spend less than £200 for an Xbox to play on. Far cheaper and ultimately much more plug and play. BUT they don't, that's one reason they spend MUCH more on the hardware and put up with the odd flaky bit of OS or Driver issue.

One last comment, in an interview IW stated that lean was removed as the game was no balanced for it. Now, I may be being thick here, but if every play can lean and take advantage of it, how is it unbalanced? There were more glaring idiocies in the interview, but that one sticks as I stopped reading at that point...

6. fodder

fodder Minimodder

7. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Whoops! thought that was the edit button.

8. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

This is amusing.. I somehow fail to see how joining random servers and being abused verbally is more friendly than a moderated server.. but I've been wrong in the past, so who knows..

Thinking about it, it's going to be like a PC version of Halo3 matchmaking, lolerz, I can't wait to see this, shall prove entertaining.

9. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Ars Article (Great Summary): http://digg.com/d319C7A

Wow, it looks like PC version had a budget of promptly zero, requiring a direct port with no added features. It looks like PC gamers should be "happy that they even got mouse and keyboard support", so I can imagine Activision possibly even saying "Just make PC players use a 360 gamepad"....

Games have just gotten too expensive to develop, which castrates publishers and makes them fear any risk. When will we see more efficient (cheaper) development tools and development strategies? (As technology improves, shouldn't it get *cheaper* to get games, not more expensive?)

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

What a tw4t.... PC's aren't meant to be easy, that's why children get to play with consoles and the real men (and women) play PC.

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

12. Darkefire

Darkefire What's a Dremel?

It's insane, they could have simply tossed together the same package they had with MW1 and pushed it out the door and everybody would have been happy. Why on Earth did they devote all this time and energy into making changes that apparently nobody wanted? This smacks of some 20-something executive coming in and saying "No, no, no, everybody's into this console gaming thing now, make the PC version just like it, it'll sell like hotcakes." Something tells me once the whole story comes out we're going to be hearing from some very disgruntled IW employees. Ah, well, I can't wait for the code to be into shreds by the hackers in their attempts to put back in the features we've come to know and love.

13. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I can see the future

1 day before release there will be a press statement saying the PC version will no longer support mouse or keyboard, because cutomers no longer demand this and it will make a more balanced, friendlyer consumer experience.

BIBLICAL FAIL!

14. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

"Activision also reckons that the benefits of having a comparable system shared between PC and consoles, rather than having a seperate PC and console SKU, will far outweigh the negatives."

This is the type of MBA suit that should be kept away from the PC Gaming industry. He is talking out of his aft thruster. The problem with MBAs is they think they can manage in any industry because they know how to due to their silly degree. Well as we can see in gaming this is not the case.

+1 on muppet comment.

Yours in Muppets should be on TV only,
    Star*Dagger

15. Penfold

Penfold What's a Dremel?

"According to Activision the decision to remove dedicated server support in MW2 PC was for the best.
    Activision president Mike Griffith has spoken out in defence of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, saying that the controversial decisions made around the PC version of the game were made in order to benefit the consumer experience as much as possible. "

No No No No No... Wrong "utter arse gravy of the worst kind"

menu/multiplayer options/ 1, open sever/dedicated.
    2, Matchplay server.

Problem solved everyone gets a choice .

I dont want to be forced into a server where everyone is the same skill lvl, how is that a benefit to anyone, oh and i dont want to have to read umpteen mother jokes from numpty's half my age!!.

16. Shichibukai

Shichibukai Resident Nitpicker

Well lets say 185000 people in the UK decide not to buy it

185000* the £55 it costs totals up to about a measly £10.2 mil

Obviously nothing to be overly concerned about here >.>

17. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

He speaketh a crock of sh** !

But I guess thats the best he can say really. Its not he can say the truth, which is they dont give a damn about PC gamers and now want to only spend the bare minimum porting a 360 game with as few changes as possible. This is consolification taken to a new level.

I personally will never know whether it is improved like he says or not.. Im not buying it on either PC or console now, and I encourage you all not to either... as its a bit costly for a single player only game! (MP = joke)

18. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

This is a console game at heart, there are many better examples of games for PC?

19. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

DAaaamn.. We're not kids like the consoles.. They really have messed themselves up... Definately one that'll be pirated...

20. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

Yeah this is bull. I am going to pass this one completely.

Tags: Add Tags