1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Brown noise, a load of ****?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Murdoc, 6 Jan 2005.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

They didn't test the right frequencies IMO...
    they did 5, 7, 9, and then 20-90 hz, right out of where we expected it to be, around 10-15. I demand a retest.

2. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i stayed up so late so i could see the episode, it was probably 2-3 AM on a school night. but i saw it!!!

what they should have done was started at 1 Hz and just went 1Hz higher every 30 seconds or something.

3. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

:D

4. Feline

Feline What's a Dremel?

I thought it was a great episode too, but I think they should've tested all the tones, from 1Hz on up to 20Hz.

I would imagine that it probably would work if the volume were loud enough, but at that point the volume would be so loud it would cause a bunch of other problems (such as shattered eardrums, heart palpitations, etc.)

I did enjoy the "shooting swandive" part though. Being a target shooter, I already knew what the results would be, but seeing Kari (the sexy redhead) with a fully automatic Thompson was just hot!

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i don't like the new guy too much, but the girls are hot! (FYI, any girl that can weld or shoot straight is hot in my book, regardless)

all the people nearby were wearing earphones, the reason it was so loud is because they didn't want to hit the brown noise and render it ineffective due to low volume.

besides, wouldn't Adam have a cool story he could tell if he went deaf trying to crap himself? just that statement right there sparks interest if you don't know what i'm talking about.

6. dom_

dom_ --->

whats with all the...
    you cant hear it
    or
    you cant hear below blah

when subs reach a certain level its effects the body and is felt in the body not ears.

same thing with super tweeters, they play notes above the human range but when you use them in a system they make the music seem more natural/smooth. its just felt by the body not the ears.

7. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Dude, you have exactly 1000 posts! :hehe:

8. 311Sam

311Sam What's a Dremel?

9. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

I didn't make the file, just posted the link as Relix requested. Any complaints sould be sent to the Brainiac homepage on

www.skyone.co.uk/brainiac
    :D