1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Low-profile video card with internal VGA header

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Noah, 7 Aug 2005.

1. Noah

Noah What's a Dremel?

Any exist?

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

one posible thing to do is to look on newegg for low profile cards. You are looking for one that the vga header is connected with a ribbon cable like this one: http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/14-127-181-01.JPG But newegg doesnt seem to carry and lowprofile cards so you would have to mod the bracket. But that way you just unscrew the vga connecter and *BOOM* internal vga :rock:

Ohh yeah thats a MSI AGP 5200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127181 But I have seen pci cards like that too

3. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Didn't Zapwizard use one for his Ammo Box PC?

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

just get any card you want and solder on wires instead of the VGA connector.

5. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

yeah, but tahts hard, because the spot is so small, it would be near impossible to do unless your a super good solderer. i tried that with a old vid card once, did not work AT ALL.

6. Zidane

Zidane What's a Dremel?

you could just get a vga cable, and loop it back inside the case. for a couple of monitors i have here the cable has a plug on either end, and the monitor has a socket (although, these two monitors have both vga and rgb inputs). or, why not just get a cheap vga extender cable and cut it shorter? hell, come to think of it, you could just nip into maplins (or your local equivalent) and grab a plug and socket and a few inches of ribbon cable and make one for a few quid.

i dont think there is a card with ain internal vga header.... having a screen inside/on the case, is not really a common thing.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

no problem at all. Just cut the legs of the connector (it's not like it's going to be used anyway) and desolder one leg at a time.

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

well, maybe i just suck at soldering. my iron is so old, i should really buy a new one.

9. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

if you think that's hard try solder smd components with an ordinary solder. iv'e done that many times

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

that's not hard, it just doesn't look so nice. Depends on the size. 0806 components are a bit tricky. Wery easy to melt.

11. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Thanks for the link... that is absolutly perfect for the mod that I am planning with the LCD display...

12. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

I know there a bunch of 9600SE's that have what you're looking for.