1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo cannot meet Christmas demand

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Reggie Rules!!!

I think that with demand so high this christmas Reggie is right on the mark, there will be no marketing PR where nintendo are concerned with sales this year and next....

Mario Galaxy is hopfully only a matter of week's away now, and metroid is only week's away, and when people see these running on the pod's in-store, they are gonna want one, and something tells me by november time they will already be too late?

Having Owned no less than '4' 360's that have all failed (red ring u know the drill), I feel reggie is right to say that comment about microsoft, and he in no way is rude towards them, crackdown was a short game, and lets face it a vessel for Halo3 beta (and they had the cheek to make us pay for the add-on pack at 800points), the wii on the other-hand was a great purchase offering me quality downloads and good games, and at a fraction of the cost of 360 titles....

3. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I read somewhere the the PS3, xbox 360 and one or two other consoles are to be dropped considerablly in price this holiday season. The PS3 is flopping, and Sony needs to start making some sales. I bet you'll see a good combo on that system in the near future.

As for Nintendo, they clearly cant keep enough of the systems in stock, and will red line their sales to no extent.

I for one am waiting for Halo 3 to hit pc. I wont buy into every console! :D

4. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

*high fives self for getting the first Wii where he lives*

:D

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Hope fully if demand out strips supply i will be able to sell my Wii for a nice sum and buy a console which actually has some decent games for it. Its very nice for Nintendo to sell lots of consoles, its just a shame they aren't producing games for it at the same rate.

After a year of release the Wii would now be my 3rd choice recommendation for a console. The 360 has a good back catalogue of games, the PS3 has promising titles on the horizon and offers blu ray playback and the Wii has.... Super Mario Galaxy. So after a year of release it has Wii Sports and Zelda which have been released, Metroid and Mario coming out. Not much to recommend there.

6. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Sony are already too late.

Everyone I know has a xbox, wii and a pc.

I know of only 2 people with the PS3...

7. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

It's Nintendo’s consistent problem, they never release enough games in Europe, there's normally a Zelda title, a metroid title, Mario kart, Mario platformer, couple of Mario parties, couple of Mario sports titles, a starfox title, and then hopefully a couple of third party titles worth buying if your lucky. I suppose the wii also has it's virtual console where you can rebuy all the mario retro titles you have already bought for the ds/gameboy after having bought them for the original Nintendo console in the past. Nintendo's release for Europe is always last if at all, animal crossing for the gc took about 2 years to be ported across to here, the attachment for playing gameboy advance games on the gamecube took forever to come out here and we never saw the card reader gameboy attachment at all.

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

and they say Sony treats its European customers badly. :D

9. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Well they do, but Nintendo treat us worse :D

10. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sony overprices and calls us idiots basically. Nintendo just don't give us enough stuff. It's the backlash from the poor seal of quality stuff on the SNES that came out. Nintendo need to relax, they are forcing publishers to write their names on the back of boxes only and Nintendo goes on the front and side.

11. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Nintendo is alittle too far up its own arse when it comes to the Wii, just like the ps3 they dont have any killer titles. But atlest the created the niche but i can see it getting tiresome quickly.

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

That is crap. They are saying that so people go omg I wont be able to get one for christmas, and rush out and buy it now. Its clever PR to get more sales by making people think they wont be able to get one.

It will keep the ball going until christmas. Thats what they want by scaring consumers into thinking that they cant casually go to a store and pick on up at christmas.

Im holding off getting a PS3 until the rumble pads are in the bundles because I dont want to have to re-buy new joypads. Im alos holding off buying the Wii because there are no games of interest for me on it. Im not a fan of Mario or Zelda so im screwed if I want a game on Wii.

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i stick with my PC........

14. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Translation: Buy your Wii *NOW*, don't wait until Christmas. (Because sales are starting to slow down, and we'd like to keep them high).

While it may be true, if it's not, it is still a brilliant marketing move to increase current sales.

Aggies

15. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I don't think they need to lie about it, given that it tallies with previous reports from independant analysts that suggested nintendo just wouldn't be able to step up manufacturing capacity significantly enough to dent the demand for two years or so. If this guy has a reputation for honesty as well, then why disbelieve it ? If they are selling everything they are making and it looks like they will for a good while yet regardless than he has no reason to even try and spin anything anyway ;).

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

the world must revolve around you then......I love your reasoning....

17. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

To be honest I think that there are enough good games on the Wii at the moment. Mario Srikers is alot of fun if you have a couple of mates around and basically thats all I want a console for. There are also a number of other games like Rayman, Wii Sports and Tony Hawks downhill jam that are quite good fun with friends.

If I want to play single player I use my PC.

18. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I, too, would say that there really aren't a shortage of great games on the Wii. It doesn't have the extensive back catalogue of the 360, that much is true. But it's also only been out a year, vs. the 3 for the 360. It has many more games than the PS3 (read: any at all?).

Super Mario galaxy will probably be great, but look at what else there already IS. Wii sports and Warioware are probably two of the best party games I've ever messed with. Guitar Hero 3 will prevent the need for many series fans from needing one of the other consoles. If you play any of the EA Sports franchise, NFL 08 and Tiger Woods 08 are both WAY better on the Wii despite aging graphics.

THEN you can add in Zelda, Metroid Prime III (which really is awesome), Super Paper Mario (if it's your thing - it is mine, but I acknowledge that taste isn't for everyone), and Resident Evil 4, which is way better on the Wii.

THEN you can add in the whole virtual console and the fact that it plays all the gamecube games....

I dunno. To me, THAT much within a year of release, on top of making something that you can actually enjoy with a group of non-gamer friends? I'd say that's a pretty full console for its limited timespan. I do hope they widen out, but come on - every console starts with practically a year solid of "launch titles", most of which aren't all that great. I mean, when we look at the PS3 - one year out - what will it look like? And what was on the 360 within a year?

Just my $0.02, though. That and another $1.50 might get ya a cup of coffee. ;)

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

So the Wii was released in December 2006, the only good games since launch are coming out now. That's what, 9 months? Too Long. I sold my Wii 5 months ago and haven't missed it. My housemate has one and he barely touches it

20. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I have to agree what I'm hearing here

From everything Ive read, and heard, and seen - the wii just doesn't have any killer games

I was considering getting a wii, but i really cant justify it, none of nintys back catalogue really appeals (maybe some zelda and such) but most games on the wii are on the PC (and therefore 360 ;))(excluding mario/zelda based games - or other ninty characters)
    I guess i only like zelda because its sort of RPG combined with some puzzle solving, probably why i liked jak 3 a lot as well

Tags: Add Tags